PDA

View Full Version : I didn't sleep today

Dark.Revenant
April 22nd, 2011, 05:37 AM
I literally worked around the clock on this update and it's nearly done. Just needs testing. Must sleep.

Oh, and this has been waiting in my browser tab for 3 days:
https://www.paypalobjects.com/WEBSCR-640-20110401-1/en_US/i/btn/btn_donate_LG.gif (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=DarkRevenantX%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&item_name=Council%20of%20Mages&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_LG%2egif%3aNonHos ted)

Keifru
April 22nd, 2011, 06:43 AM
We'll kill some townies to celebrate =p

Deolrin
April 22nd, 2011, 09:20 AM
Please, PLEASE tell me you fixed the host bug... I don't think I can handle this much longer! The lack of night sequences and proper setups is KILLING ME! T_T

Clawtrocity
April 22nd, 2011, 09:41 AM
I'm pretty sure he said in the next update that whoever was host of the game would be host of the option set up.

I was getting that bug for awhile too, but I just deleted my bank save files and it works now if you want a temporary fix.

Deolrin
April 22nd, 2011, 10:00 AM
Oh, thank you, THANK YOU! This is WONDERFUL news. I'm sorry to hear you lost an entire night and I hope you're fine. I'm just so glad that you'll finally fix it, if what Clawtrocity said is true. :)

Dark.Revenant
April 22nd, 2011, 10:02 AM
I didn't make it in time. I was within an hour of finishing, but now I have to do a bunch of family stuff, a major test and presentation, and report. Plus I won't be in reach of a computer good enough to use SC2. This means that the update might have to sit at 99% until tuesday.

Clawtrocity
April 22nd, 2011, 10:09 AM
A week or two between updates is nothing...People have been waiting for almost 3 months for 4.1 to come out in WoW and the only people genuinely pissed off are trolls.

Dark.Revenant
April 22nd, 2011, 11:21 AM
Alright, I managed to buy some time. I'll be able to finish the update in 2-3 hours, then I'll be testing it.

McJesus
April 22nd, 2011, 06:21 PM
Awesome man we all really appriciate all the dedicaton you have to this game.

Dark.Revenant
April 22nd, 2011, 09:09 PM
Starcode, as predicted, utterly failed to do anything. I'm trying to find a workaround, but progress is slow because I ran out of time and now I'm at a place where the computer is shitty.

icarus
April 23rd, 2011, 01:36 AM
Thats so good news, i hope this new release will repair the bugs.
About starcode, i think the best solution is to limit the times that bank is recorded and/or the amount of info recorded. Just looking at other mods and none of them records many times during game... Is like having a bike and want to make the bike fly :s
Anway whats will be the version number of the newt release ?

icarus
April 23rd, 2011, 02:13 AM
EU version
Another info: on the mod selection aditional info Mafia is shown as 1.6 v, but in the Help log sais current release is 0.91beta.

Dark.Revenant
April 23rd, 2011, 02:21 AM
Starcode has been a bitch to work with (failing even with well below the maximum digits allowed, etc) but I've got nearly everything to work. If I can get it to work properly in SP, I'll host the update. I did MP tests and the roles are now working fully.

mr.nollett@hotmail.co.uk
April 24th, 2011, 05:21 PM
you just need to fix the reset of points? thanks. (zero - 300ish (320-330) points)

Dark.Revenant
April 24th, 2011, 05:50 PM
People should realize that I have literally tried EVERYTHING to get these damn banks working. I don't have any idea why they're breaking, Im doing everything right, and nobody else has this problem but me. I'm practically destroying myself to get this fixed but nothing I do works. Removing points and stats are not an option. I put 60 hours into this and I'm not going to just make my real-life sacrifices all be in vain.

anemoneya
April 24th, 2011, 06:32 PM
something must be going on with signature code...when someone edits bank file, it detects it as cheat and reset data to 0. so some action in game must be screwing up data and fool the system into thinking the encryption has been compromised

Dark.Revenant
April 24th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Bank Save feature always writes the signature correctly. I tried removing the signature check once and the banks still somehow managed to fail consistently.

anemoneya
April 24th, 2011, 07:07 PM
things I suspect that could have caused this for me is getting disconnected at count down 0 in lobby, leaving room while host sets the game, leaving when people are setting name.....

Dark.Revenant
April 24th, 2011, 07:28 PM
It happens to people who play legitimately.

Really now, I've tried literally everything. I am completely out of options. I guess I'll have to completely remove the save slot, points, stats, etc and lose all those solid days of work. Oh, and piss off a thousand people.

anemoneya
April 24th, 2011, 07:30 PM
how about removing all the complicated stuff and just implement simple pts? that's all people care about.

anemoneya
April 24th, 2011, 07:31 PM
and get some sleep!

like some other ums, just make one variable to be saved (pt) hehe :p that shouldn't cause problems

Dark.Revenant
April 24th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Points, leaderboard, and save slot account for 95% of the bank. I can't sacrifice any of them.

anemoneya
April 24th, 2011, 08:21 PM
ok new clue. This point reset happens when trigger breaks in the beginning of game. Didn't get to SS this but it showed few words in red about too many variables...and trigger errors...

ppl compained about how they are gonna lose the point while host set up the game.
then after game started, the game didn't commence and when I checked help section, all points and hours played were 0, 0.0 for everyone in the room.

anemoneya
April 24th, 2011, 08:40 PM
just had another trigger error game, but this game didn't reset points. the error message was different one tho. the game proceeded tot he end without problem.