http://i.imgur.com/4OL4W.png
The Battle Planets Cosmos Cup #1
(EU server)

We have our first champion:
CrazyFatso
Congratulations! :)

2nd place: Ikuzomi
3rd place: Rumpel, Sandtrout

It is time to finally separate the BP masters from the BP bronze noobs. It is time to find the true Battle Planets Bonjwa. Do you have what it takes to earn your orbiting place in the solar system and to send your foes out into the void to the space rocks where they belong?

Rules:
Rounds per game: 20
Game Mode: Super Smash Planets
System: Nemesis

All weapons are allowed.

The exact course of the tournament will be determined by the number of sign ups and be posted right after the registration process finishes. Basically there will be two rounds, in the first of which the players will qualify for the final.

If there happens to be a tie after 20 rounds, a Sudden Death game with 5 Rounds and all tied players participating will be played to determine the winner.

Any form of cheating or exploiting will be met with disqualification. As the map is still in beta stage I hereby reserve the right to judge on the fly, as there may be exploits unbeknown to me.

When:
Sunday, 3rd of July 2011 AD
19:00 CEST

Prizepool:
A WHOLE EURO (1€) via paypal. If the winner has no paypal account or forfeits his prize, the money will be given to charity (of my stomach, propably).

Players (25 max):
Zane
Sandtrout
Rumpel
Maverick
Ikuzomi
Archf
CrazyFatso
Rime

(registration process ended on Friday, 01.07.2011 at 19:00 CEST)

Group Sol
Zane
Ikuzomi
CrazyFatso
Maverick

Group Centauri
Rumpel
ArchF
Rime
Sandtrout

We will begin with Group Sol at 19:00. Right after Group Centauri will play. The two highest finishers of each group advance to the final.
As all of you are already in my buddy list I will just invite you into the games (I will spectate).
There will be a quick lagtest before the real game.
Of course you can play other games if you have to wait (Group Centauri), just be available when I message you.

Maverick.
June 28th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Lol choco i won't even try

chocopaw
June 28th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Come on, you can do it! :D

Maverick.
June 28th, 2011, 09:16 AM
1 Euro Rofl

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
June 28th, 2011, 09:19 AM
I have no idea why but this seems awesome.

:( NA.

chocopaw
June 28th, 2011, 09:20 AM
@Mav: So you wanna sign up? :D

We (read: I) are currently in negotiations with GomTV to get Tastosis as a casting duo for this event. Full Details on how to access a HD pass will be given shortly.

Zane
June 28th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Participating is free?

I'm in :)

Maverick.
June 28th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Dunno...

I'll just make a fool of myself anyway^^

chocopaw
June 28th, 2011, 09:25 AM
@Zane: Of course participation is free. Welcome aboard.

@Mav: Look at it this way: Maybe nobody sees you as threat, therefor the other players eliminate each other and you are the laughing winner.^^ Yes or no?

Darth Sand
June 28th, 2011, 09:27 AM
No, you won't Mav :)

I'm in as well: Sandtrout.356

And I hope there will be vods, so I can watch Tastosis casting this :D

Zane
June 28th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Is it allowed to target 1 player only? For example Darth Sand?

Maverick.
June 28th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Lol Zane... I think you're confused

Rumpel1408
June 28th, 2011, 09:43 AM
well even since choco spoiled my winning strategy I like to take part...

Rumpel.dontknowmyID
srsly cmon u all got me as BNet contact (if not we ain't friends any more)

Darth Sand
June 28th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Zane y u so mean?

srsly cmon u all got me as BNet contact (if not we ain't friends any more)

:(

Maverick.
June 28th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I'll play but i dunno mine either

Rumpel1408
June 28th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Players (25 max):
Zane#940
Sandtrout#356
Rumpel#???
Maverick#???

So if we count Choco in we are exactly the players we used to be usually...

Maverick.
June 28th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Haha i didnt even see that...

Making sure i don't have an EU account ;)

Potato
June 28th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Ikuzomi.idon'tknow

Archf
June 28th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I'm in. Just to nuke you & suicide by bumping on the sun.

Archf#351

CrazyFatso
June 28th, 2011, 11:57 AM
sure I'll give it a try :O

Maverick.
June 28th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Go Fatty Go! :D

Darth Sand
June 28th, 2011, 03:02 PM
awesome :D
but we still need more players^^

chocopaw
June 29th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Maybe I should make posting a pic in the sup thread mandatory for competitors, what do you guys think? :p

In all seriousness tho, plz tell friends and enemies about this, it's gonna be more fun with more players. The prize is no joke, I will pay the winner 1€. Interview with winner and/or video of how he/she uses the money would be appreciated. :D
Minimum of players is 8 btw.

Rime
June 30th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Count me in son!

chocopaw
July 2nd, 2011, 09:00 AM
Allright, the registration process ended yesterday, here are the groups:

Group Sol
Zane
Ikuzomi
CrazyFatso
Maverick

Group Centauri
Rumpel
ArchF
Rime
Sandtrout

We will begin with Group Sol at 19:00. Right after Group Centauri will play. The two highest finishers of each group advance to the final.
As all of you are already in my buddy list I will just invite you into the games (I will spectate).
There will be a quick lagtest before the real game.
Of course you can play other games if you have to wait (Group Centauri), just be available when I message you.

Looking forward to the games. :)

Darth Sand
July 2nd, 2011, 01:58 PM
now I'll have to advance to the finals, so that I can crush Ikuzomi (if he makes it out of his group of death).

Zane
July 3rd, 2011, 03:49 AM
He won't Sand.. Maybe he will as 2nd..

chocopaw
July 3rd, 2011, 07:32 AM
I have just been informed that unfortunately the dreaded queen of planets Maverick won't make it tonight. If anybody wants her spot plz contact me.

Rumpel1408
July 3rd, 2011, 09:32 AM
Guess she was just way to nervous caus she still didn't practiced :D

chocopaw
July 3rd, 2011, 09:37 AM
ARE YOU GUYS PUMPED?!?!?!
You better be. It's gonna be epic!
Two Steps From Hell - Protector of the Earth (HQ) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNldcha5hDE#)

chocopaw
July 3rd, 2011, 11:51 AM
Congratulations to CrazyFatso, winner of the first Battle Planets Cosmos Cup. :)

More details later.

chocopaw
July 3rd, 2011, 01:23 PM
BPCC#1 recap

We, the proud Battle Planets community, found our first champion in:
CrazyFatso. He showcased his hyperaggressive play and impecable micro once again and won the finals decisevly. The difference in the quality of his play from groupstage to the final was astounding. Even though Ikuzomi won quite a few rounds in the second half, at no point in time his victory was really in doubt.

Speaking of which, Ikuzomi made a convincing second place after dominating his group. Reaching out to his old highs with his passive, decisive play, he is a true contender for the next cup.

Sandtrout is the winner of the hearts of this tournament. Suffering from a severe hand injury, she played with her left hand and still won her group with 12 points, a lead by 8 points! How would this tournament have looked if she had been in best fighting condition? Only time will tell, as "Darth Sand", as her fans call her, surely hungers for revenge.

Coming out of a rough spot in Group Centauri, almost missing the final, Rumpel fought back and reached a tie with Sandtrout in the finals. Showing some special tactics, he lets fans wish to see more from this young talent in future competitions.

The future champion almost crumbeled in Group Sol, when Zane fought for the qualification spot and almost made it. Do count him in for BPCC #2!

Shoutouts to Rime for participating without much experience and Hobrow for taking Mavs spot shorthandedly.

French Artillery Sensation ArchF did not show up without further notice. The Battle Planets community is not amused.

Finally, replays can be found in OP.

See you next time! :)

Rumpel1408
July 3rd, 2011, 03:21 PM
Even though we might have metnioned it many times ingame i like to mention that Archf is a Motherfucking-no-show-french-fag :D

Archf
July 5th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Oops.

Sorry as Rumpel said, i was roleblocked :D
could have told you, sorry again. I guess this is why i left WoW: i hate the clock :P (and the calendar :-X )

Rumpel1408
July 5th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Coming out of a rough spot in Group Centauri, almost missing the final, Rumpel fought back and reached a tie with Sandtrout in the finals. Showing some special tactics with Displacement Field and the likes, he lets fans wish to see more from this young talent in future competitions.

After watching the Replays at Speed x2 (which has been amazingly funny) I like to state, that it wasn't me who used displacement field but Zane. I used tectonic launch for some rounds :D

chocopaw
July 5th, 2011, 12:11 PM
After watching the Replays at Speed x2 (which has been amazingly funny) I like to state, that it wasn't me who used displacement field but Zane. I used tectonic launch for some rounds :D

Thank you, has been corrected.

On a sidenote: I find it funny, that the Centauri game has been downloaded the most. It was the most boring one.^^ The most exciting one was Group Sol, the final was pure domination, but of course still with beautiful play.

Darth Sand
July 5th, 2011, 01:22 PM
how can you say that group centauri was boring... i won that thing, ofc it was exciting :D

lotsofcolors
July 6th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Wow, this is awesome. Watching the replays now. I'm going to try to get in a quick balance update to the game soon, not to nerf weapons but instead make some of the underused ones better. I'd love it if some of you guys could give me your personal takes on the game and what it needs.

I check my Sc2mapster page for the map regularly, so if you have suggestions feel free to message me there.

I'm glad the map hasn't died on battle.net.

Rumpel1408
July 6th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Wow, the creator himself takes notice of us :D

Now that your asking, I like to mention that especialy if u play the Map the first 5 times or something, you don't gain permanent score, and even then it sometimes happen that you don't got any score for a single game.

Proof is in the Final-Replay where I have to play with Earth cause Gaia is locked again...

Oh and Choco, I'm still waiting for our "No-boost"-Bonusround :D

lotsofcolors
July 6th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Wow, the creator himself takes notice of us :D

Now that your asking, I like to mention that especialy if u play the Map the first 5 times or something, you don't gain permanent score, and even then it sometimes happen that you don't got any score for a single game.

Proof is in the Final-Replay where I have to play with Earth cause Gaia is locked again...

Oh and Choco, I'm still waiting for our "No-boost"-Bonusround :D

Did you play on another computer? The stats are saved in a local bank file. I'll take another look, thought I'd fixed all the bank issues.

Rumpel1408
July 6th, 2011, 10:09 AM
No I only play on a Single Computer, but its not an issue appearing only for me.

And i think i remeber you said something like more players would produce more lags, is there no realy no way to get more then 5 (I can not say what impact this would have on gameplay, but i bet more players are more fun :D )

lotsofcolors
July 6th, 2011, 10:56 AM
No I only play on a Single Computer, but its not an issue appearing only for me.

And i think i remeber you said something like more players would produce more lags, is there no realy no way to get more then 5 (I can not say what impact this would have on gameplay, but i bet more players are more fun :D )

I've tested with a varying number of players. 6 seemed to be the cutoff to where it would start to have fps lag on the average computer on battle.net. I've increased the player cap twice (From 3 to 5) as I've made the game's code cleaner. Lag is obviously very damaging to the gameplay in a physics map, so I won't be increasing it until I'm absolutely sure it can run at proper speed for the players in the game.

On another note, I'm reworking Anti-matter and Singularity charge for a quick balance patch.

Rumpel1408
July 6th, 2011, 01:07 PM
In which way ur buffing them? Anti-matter is used sometimes very efficient... displacement field needs a buff to imo, but ur the boss :D

lotsofcolors
July 6th, 2011, 02:58 PM
In which way ur buffing them? Anti-matter is used sometimes very efficient... displacement field needs a buff to imo, but ur the boss :D

I'm trying a few changes out and seeing how the work. I'm going to be testing them to see how powerful they are.

Some things I'm testing right now (May or may not be added.)

Anti-matter - Has a minor homing component that will accelerate it to the nearest target or the target nearest to where you right clicked (Haven't decided what feels better). However, this will not dominate its motion, it will still need to be carefully aimed so that the missile can slam into its target.

Singularity Charge - Launches a charge which will fly in the direction shot and pass through all objects. Can be detonated within the next few seconds, pulling all nearby objects (except the planet that shot it) towards the current location of the charge, and destroying the charge.

chocopaw
July 6th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Singularity Charge - Launches a charge which will fly in the direction shot and pass through all objects. Can be detonated within the next few seconds, pulling all nearby objects (except the planet that shot it) towards the current location of the charge, and destroying the charge.

That actually sounds awesome. :) As long as you speed the projetile up a bit.^^