PDA

View Full Version : "medium" "bug" as you can call it

Zilas
April 20th, 2011, 08:52 PM
aight so, last game.. i as usually waited to get an automatic name, and i noticed there was 2 agostos, me and some other guy, to top it off, he was mafio as so was i .. so it was like really confusing (and it was kinda good for us too cause, the chance to get a double name is little .. (first time it happens) so whats the chance on them being both in mafia too? :p anyway i think it should be fixed cause it could get too confusing..if we wasn't both mafia, and a sheriff says he saw one of us being an mafio or whatever. then a innocent one could die, they would still kill the enemy if mistaken, but there still dies a innocent guy:p i know you can still go by colours but then its really becoming specific and rather annoying especially if some people write in last will, get agosto, which a dude did, but he said agosto's lol, even though he was citizen, i think people was gonna follow him, but anyhowever, a vigi killed him the night after. and he was mafio, they never thougd i was one too, and so we won the game...now, i'm not sure what the % chance is to happen to have 2 of the same name in the same match, but if thats possible, then 3 could be aswell? :p ofcourse thats just going to look for bugs, the % chance on 3 of same name probablly didn't evn happen yet. either way its your decision to make whether u want to "fix this "bug" or not..(even though its not really a bug suppose, but i don't really got another word for it) u could bluff with having the 2same names, but then again, you can just die innocently :P

either way, if its to much work, just don't bother with it, if u dont mind thouh and it doesn't take long to "fix" go ahead:p

Dark.Revenant
April 20th, 2011, 09:30 PM
It's fixable, but a pain in the ass to be honest. The chance is pretty low, on the order of 0.03% per game.

Eldrazor
April 21st, 2011, 01:54 AM
Maybe putting in "Senior" and "Junior" after the names if they are the same would slim the 0.03% chance even more!

Dark.Revenant
April 21st, 2011, 02:24 AM
It randomly picks from a large pool of first names, last names, and titles. Though, it doesn't always pick last names and titles are fairly rare. I'll make the last names more common then.

Zilas
April 21st, 2011, 10:29 PM
^ if its really annoying to fix dont bother man:p