PDA

View Full Version : GriM's Puzzle

GriM-DeMoN
May 12th, 2012, 08:26 PM
You have a

3 Gallon WaterBottle
5 Gallon WaterBottle.

You must find a way for the 5 Gallon bottle to be filled up with exactly 4 Gallon's.
How will you do this. If you need help just ask me.

SirBlayzalot
May 12th, 2012, 09:23 PM
You fill the three gallon jug and then pour it into the five gallon jug. Then you fill it again and pour it in the five gallon jug, leaving one gallon in the three gallon jug. Then you pour out the five gallon jug, pour the one gallon from the three gallon jug into the five gallon jug, then you fill the three gallon jug, pour it into the five gallon jug, leaving four gallons in the five gallon jug.

That is assuming you can refill the jugs... theres also another way of doing this

Fill the 5 gallon jug and then pour it into the 3 gallon jug. The 5 gallon jug has 2 gallons left. Now throw the 3 gallon water away. Pour the 2 gallons from the 5 gallon jug to the 3 gallon jug. So now the 3 gallon jug has just 2 gallons of water.
Fill the 5 gallon jug again, and pour 1 gallon to the 3 gallon jug. What do u have left in the 5 gallon jug ?? 4 gallons of water.. !

theres probably other ways of doing this but I've stretched my brain far enough... good one though xD

Jim
May 20th, 2012, 11:30 AM
So Grim you found my puzzle site, this one was EZ.
fill 5 gallon pour into 3 so 2 left in 5 then you empty 3 gallon and pour the 2 gallons into it then fill the 5 and pour one of the gallons into the 3 so u have 3 and 4 which equals 7 :)

BillyMays
May 23rd, 2012, 04:28 PM
How to solve a riddle by Grim-Demon?

Put a bucket over your head and beat yourself with a spade a few times. Rinse and repeat.

When you can no longer recite the alphabet by memory, look at this puzzle. 9/10 times you will know the answer after reading the first 3 words.

Sinclair
May 26th, 2012, 10:24 PM
This puzzle was in Die Hard with a Vengeance.

Ambient
May 26th, 2012, 10:27 PM
This was from Die hard. The weight they used in the movie was incorrect too. funny stuff.