PDA

View Full Version : Vote for M-FMIX

Luna
April 30th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Yes people this is the actual vote. It will run in a similar manner to the vote for M-FMVII. I was quite happy to hear good feedback about that, and we are long overdue.

This will be designated as the 9th M-FM (since Kromos had the 7th, Fragos didn't use the numbering system and McPwnage will be hosting the 8th).

You'll see some of the previous setups in here, tweaked and updated, as well as a couple of new ones.

The host for M-FMX may also be taken from this poll, unless there is a tie for second place.

As usual there'll be a break between the main FMs. More importantly I am not as fussed about people participating in multiple games - people think there is a hard and fast rule that signing up for a FM means you can't participate in other games, when in fact it's at the discretion of the host. To that end the winner of this poll is encouraged to co-ordinate with other hosts so that we can squeeze in as many games during the break as possible, and I don't mind if an M-FM runs 2-3 days into FM13.

This is a multiple choice poll. Your vote(s) will be locked in, however, so before you vote you may wish to consult with the hosts and ask any questions you wish about their setups.

So, ladies and gentlemen... let's meet our glamorous contestants!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1:

'Utterly Clueless' - Goremancer (18 players)

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/5332-M-FM-Utterly-Clueless?p=121776#post121776

Aside from some minor tweaks, this setup remains just as deadly as last time. Don't let the revealed roles list put you off folks; this game promises to turn heads and confuse the heck out of the participants! With no hard investigative roles, gun-toting town members and no way to tell the cause of death, who will you trust?

Special Mention: The Truth Seekers are an unknown element in forum mafia and will present a hidden yet divided danger!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2:

'World War 27' - GriM-DeMoN (20 players)

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/7204-M-FM-World-War-27

Grim's vision of the future is sure to astound as much as horrify! The Year is 3500, and the violence is only just beginning. Two small mafia groups vie for control in a game with a fairly normal yet diverse roles list. Are there Cultists hiding around the next corner? Will the Hidden Devils reign supreme, or will The Chosen have something to say about that? You decide!

Special Mention: The Red Mafia team has very unorthodox roles, where previously neutral killers have possibly banded together to create extra mayhem! The Business Man may also make an appearance; Citizens may be lucky enough to get promoted to a power role.

#3:

'The Hunger Games' - Rocshi (20 players)

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/7302-M-FM-The-Hunger-Games

Many refinements have been made to this setup since the poll for M-FMVII. The fight between the Capitol and the Rebels has heated up even more, and with the recent release of the Hunger Games silver screen interpretation interest will surely be heightened. Will President Coin emerge triumphant? Will Caesar Flickerman spread his warped view of the world, and will the array of scum roles band together or become divided?

Special Mention: Have another look at the possible roles list. Look familiar? It shouldn't, because Rocshi has taken advantage of the Role Suggestions Compendium built by the community to fashion a whole new style of game! This will change the meta considerably and should provide an entertaining experience (and not to mention a useful testing ground).

#4:

'The Festival of Blood' - Elixir (16 players)

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/7446-M-FM-The-Festival-of-Blood?p=122013#post122013

As you may have guessed, this M-FM can be considered to be a sequel to FM5. Favourite characters like Cole MacGrath return in this inFamous-inspired setup, and Elixir has made sure to include a few twists along the way. This is one of the more intense M-FMs at 16 players, but looks set to make even the most resolute of us paralysed with fear and paranoia.

Special Mention: The Mafia team have their own little secret up their sleeve...

#5:

'Eureka Seven' - Deathfire123 (19 players)

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/4663-Eureka-Seven-M-FM

Deathfire returns to his anime roots with this mafia interpretation of the popular series 'Eureka Seven'. In true Japanese-style, everyone has their own RP name and the victory conditions merit closer inspection! Players also have the ability to 'pick' their own role to some degree, and the action is sure to hot up with four Ageha members and a Serial Killer in the mix. Will the Town vanquish the Mafia, and will any innocents be caught up in this deadly crossfire?

Special Mention: Particular focus is given to the Lovers in this setup. The Information Officer is also a new role which promises to add an interesting twist to the setup.

These are your choices folks.

A reminder:

1) Goremancer - Utterly Clueless
2) GriM-DeMoN - World War 27
3) Rocshi - The Hunger Games
4) Elixir - The Festival of Blood
5) Deathfire123 - Eureka Seven

The poll will remain open for some time, but will be closed at an appropriate juncture as FM12 draws to a close.

Please feel free to use this thread to ask general or specific questions of the hosts. Constructive criticism is encouraged, as is holding your vote until your curiosity is satisfied.

Good luck to all our participants! I hope my descriptions served as a good summary to their games, but remember to read their setups.

In the mean time, if you are playing in FM12 enjoy yourself, and everyone should check out the current S-FM signups and show your support for these new budding hosts - they may very well be in the next poll :)

McJesus
April 30th, 2012, 06:26 PM
voted festival of blood because elixir is a pretty cool guy and a good forum mafia host

GriM-DeMoN
April 30th, 2012, 08:14 PM
With the Red Mafia team they don't have powerful Neutral Roles like Serial Killer,Spree Killer there's a chance for a Ravager but that's not that powerful.

Red Mafia Team Shared Abillity is Dousing/Burning.
Blue Mafia Team(Classic Mafia Team) Killing one person at night.

Edit: Rocshi voted for his so ill vote for mine

Nick
April 30th, 2012, 08:22 PM
voted festival of blood because elixir is a pretty cool guy and a good forum mafia host

I think the question is which SETUP you liked to play, not which GUY you like to...

By the way, setup for Festival of Blood is not up yet?

Rihfok
April 30th, 2012, 08:23 PM
You didn't put in the link for Rocshi's game.
Not that's it critical, but you just missed it.

Dust
April 30th, 2012, 08:23 PM
I think the question is which SETUP you liked to play, not which GUY you like to...

By the way, setup for Festival of Blood is not up yet?

I get the feeling that it's set up but not public yet.

Elixir
April 30th, 2012, 08:59 PM
I get the feeling that it's set up but not public yet.

:)

Edit: Luna told me to say more about it lol. She has seen the role list.

I suppose I should say more about it... I'll come up with something.

Uhh...

2 mafia 2 neutrals and 12 town.

The mafia can play this game a couple of ways. They can opt for blood, or opt for stealth.

Cant think of anything else I can write on a phone.

Goremancer
April 30th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Can't believe I have missed this thread :o

clementine
May 1st, 2012, 01:00 AM
I'll wait a few days to vote... But without a setup/roles thread, I don't understand why people are voting for Elixir's setup...

Rihfok
May 1st, 2012, 01:08 AM
I'll wait a few days to vote... But without a setup/roles thread, I don't understand why people are voting for Elixir's setup...

Because they know that his setups are good and this is a continuation of a very old FM.
I want to see it too.

GriM-DeMoN
May 1st, 2012, 01:32 AM
Thank you for my Votes.
Elixir setup isn't even out yet I think it's a little unfair that they are voting for his Setup Because they like him alot.
This is just for the Setup not that host:).

Edit: Same with Rocshi I like DeathFires and Goremancer's Really caught my eye.
But I don't think people should be voting for Setup's that aint even out yet.
Because they are good with previous hostings or because there a "Pretty Cool Guy"

McJesus
May 1st, 2012, 01:48 AM
to all the people QQing about voting Elixir, suck it up. Luna said "it is rather exciting" and I am inclined to trust her. Besides the suspense is part of the fun and I've always wanted to get the old school forum mafia veterans into the mfm scene.

Nick
May 1st, 2012, 03:31 AM
to all the people QQing about voting Elixir, suck it up. Luna said "it is rather exciting" and I am inclined to trust her.
{More perverted jokes}

I've always wanted to get the old school forum mafia veterans into the mfm scene.
Would it be better to create an MFM solely for the old school veterans first for the time being?

It seemed as the first, second and third generation players have different styles. From reserved to light-hearted to ???. Not getting used to the change in style results in less satisfying playing experience. And wrong reads.

Call it clique, fragmented community, elitism or whatever. As long as everyone is happy playing, why not?

Elixir
May 1st, 2012, 03:59 AM
By Thy Will: http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/7446-M-FM-The-Festival-of-Blood?p=122013#post122013

Kromos
May 1st, 2012, 10:08 AM
I actually like Goremancer's setup a lot so I voted for that along with Elixir's setup which is also looking pretty cool.

Rihfok
May 1st, 2012, 10:12 AM
People, you can not bandwagon Elixir for meta-game purposes, that is against the rules!
If Elixir didn't reveal, you all would've gotten mod-killed...

Luna
May 1st, 2012, 10:18 AM
Lix's one is basically a less complicated version of M-FMVI, and I thought Bork's M-FM was really good - even if I did die night 1! I'd also like to see a Mason become a double agent, that's pretty cool.

Gore's one is also really interesting, with all those Detectives running around not knowing whether they found the mafia or a vigilante who missed his shot.

But Rocshi's setup has so many of the suggested roles in it, I'd love to see the completely new logic puzzle it creates.

Rocshi
May 1st, 2012, 08:44 PM
I don't trust Elixir's hosting ability.

What makes you think he'll even write a Day 1 RP within a month of the game start like the FMXI epilogue?

XD
lol
yeah fmv was really great

GriM-DeMoN
May 1st, 2012, 09:19 PM
:( I was looking for more supporters oh well.

CmG
May 2nd, 2012, 01:18 PM
Only 16 players? I bet a lot of the FM community will sign up for lix´s game. Maybe we can host 2 m -fm´s at the same time.

Luna
May 2nd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Only 16 players? I bet a lot of the FM community will sign up for lix´s game. Maybe we can host 2 m -fm´s at the same time.

If the hosts want to co-ordinate multiple games and manage a significant overlap then I don't see why 3 M-FMs can't be played before FM13. This is obviously up to the hosts concerned. I have also mentioned that 24 hour days in M-FM are more than long enough and that depending on how the votes from this poll end up the runner-up may also get approval.

clementine
May 2nd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Goremancer, GriM, and Rocshi's setups look good. Elixir's seems small and he is too busy to reply to any of my PMs. I don't think he would be a very responsive host based on the scope of my interactions with him so far.

Mopin
May 2nd, 2012, 02:48 PM
Oh I'm sure that Elixir would be a good host with a good setup, seeing as I believe he's hosted one of the main FM's before with little trouble.

Though I think CmG is probably right in that Elixir game would be popular with a lot of the players the usually only play FM's and just a lot of the community in general, so having another game would certainly be a good idea.

Elixir
May 2nd, 2012, 03:07 PM
Goremancer, GriM, and Rocshi's setups look good. Elixir's seems small and he is too busy to reply to any of my PMs. I don't think he would be a very responsive host based on the scope of my interactions with him so far.

It was one pm and I made an entire thread about the set up . :/

clementine
May 2nd, 2012, 03:34 PM
It was one pm and I made an entire thread about the set up . :/

lol, you've responded to 0/2 PM's I have sent you while here.
*cries softly*
you just seem like a really busy dude... nothing personal! :[

creedkingsx
May 2nd, 2012, 03:37 PM
lol, you've responded to 0/2 PM's I have sent you while here.
*cries softly*
you just seem like a really busy dude... nothing personal! :[

Lix has a sexy voice

Elixir
May 3rd, 2012, 12:11 AM
I dont mind going 2nd if its to start soon. I am probably too busy for the next 2 weeks anyway.

Luna
May 22nd, 2012, 02:47 AM
This poll will be closing within 24 hours.

Zane
May 22nd, 2012, 03:15 AM
I vote for deathfire because his setup is written in pink and contains lovers. i want to be the lover of everyone. i vote for luno because she gave me a funny role once and a pretty badass signature im not using. oh wait luno is not on the list. damn. then goremancer will get the vote because elixir is boring. good. im happy now.

Elixir
May 23rd, 2012, 10:29 PM
Ouch. I thought we were friends.

Elixir
May 25th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Goremancer's votes too leet for me. He'll be going before me.