PDA

View Full Version : PM System Feedback

Trenix
April 20th, 2011, 01:35 PM
With the recent update, the PMing notifications really spam up the chatbox. It's cool that you know when people are PMing, but I don't think it should always come up. For example, only make the notification happen during the first time you whisper a person, or start whispering to another person. In addition, during the trail, the notification comes up even though your whisper doesn't go through. In my opinion, you should be able to whisper during the trial.

Faceless
April 20th, 2011, 01:40 PM
I support the idea of the message only popping the FIRST time you whisper someone new.

I'd also support an idea that caused floating text over the heads of players whispering eachother, rather than in the chatbox.

Trenix
April 20th, 2011, 02:34 PM
I support the idea of the message only popping the FIRST time you whisper someone new.

I'd also support an idea that caused floating text over the heads of players whispering eachother, rather than in the chatbox.

Maybe instead of text above someone's head, you would have a icon?

Faceless
April 20th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Doesn't really matter to me, I just think something needs to be done about it. The best idea would be to take it out of the chat log completely and just use floating text and/or an icon as you suggested.

The problem is that people can and will whisper eachother a lot if they have the chance, and it kind of drowns out messages by people who aren't whispering. Sometimes I feel the need to repost what I said prior to people whispering eachother because I'm afraid they didn't see what I said.

Dark.Revenant
April 20th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I'll cap it at one message per conversation per minute.