PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Advertisement of Other Forums

oops_ur_dead
April 26th, 2012, 02:53 PM
SC2Mafia is not the place to advertise other forums, boards, or websites. Sure, you can show off your YouTube channel, blog, or anything personal like that, but blatantly soliciting people to join another website or forum is not allowed. Repeat offenders will be punished.

oops_ur_dead
April 26th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Sending out invitations via PM is advertising.

Ambient
April 26th, 2012, 06:44 PM
The sc2mafia forums will not lose me. I'm still dedicated here regardless of my status elsewhere. You guys didn't care if I went elsewhere on the internet before this. Why should you care now?

This primarily regards to advertising. Which were sent out on the forums private messaging system. Then the members in questions denied the fact.

Many of the sites members have played mafia on sc2, epicmafia/mafiascum, or the card game. In regards to forum mafia. When it came down to the FM vs m-FM my argument has always been related to activity. After FM 8-9 where it was fairly slow. We had players making few posts, and forgetting to submit actions.

Ambient
August 2nd, 2012, 07:50 AM
I am going to reiterate. If you are caught spamming advertisements to members over Private Messaging, Walls, Forum Posts, or any other form of communication over the forum. First the sending account will be banned. If the problem continues your Primary account will also be banned.

Users that have been banned for breaking these rules:
Grim (and Smurfs)
SirBlaze (and Smurfs)
Muso

Ambient
September 19th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Extracted from a certain site: No advertisement of third party websites unless expressly authorized by the site administrator.

hy·poc·ri·sy   [hi-pok-ruh-see] Show IPA

noun, plural hy·poc·ri·sies. 1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.

2. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

3. an act or instance of hypocrisy.