PDA

View Full Version : The host... Is not the host!

Deolrin
April 20th, 2011, 06:18 AM
I've recently noticed that, ever since the latest version of Mafia was released on EU, being the creator of the game does not automatically make you the host. This is, to be perfectly honest, total bullshit from my eyes. When I create a game, especially with a Party, I create it because I want to set up my own settings, and not rely on someone's skills in setting up a fair match, especially when said person can very well be a newbie. Most people do not like to "-repick", so I'm left with games that I most definitely will not enjoy, certainly discouraging me to continue playing.
So... Is there absolutely no way to revert it back, so that the person who created the game will always be the host? By using player colors or whatever. I think the problem is that players get shuffled around when new players join, so if you were on top of the lobby when you created the game, you may well find yourself in the very bottom when the last person joins.

Omgproberush
April 20th, 2011, 08:00 AM
I think stats got wiped again, so in that case, you don't have any games completed yet and it is probably favoring someone else that has.

Dark.Revenant
April 20th, 2011, 08:16 AM
This is an artifact of the stats being wiped for a lot of people, often.

This will all be fixed in the next version (Release -- won't be a beta anymore)

Deolrin
April 20th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Ah, I see! Thank you for your response!
I hope it will come out before next month... :P

Faceless
April 20th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Should be out before next month unless I'm an idiot.