PDA

View Full Version : A Wizards Foible # 1

lunaris888
April 12th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Many people are crowded into a dark room, they are bombarded with loud noises and bright lights. They are told that there is a killer in the room that wants them dead. They are deeply afraid, unable to speak, and can have no communication with the outside world or any other occupant of the room. Yet each one of them chose to be there and can leave anytime they like, but chooses not to. Why?

Rihfok
April 12th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Wild guess.
They are all killers so they want to kill the others?
I'm 99% sure it's not the answer but it's worth trying.
My lateral thinking is horrible.

lunaris888
April 12th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Wild guess.
They are all killers so they want to kill the others?
I'm 99% sure it's not the answer but it's worth trying.

Good notion, but incorrect.

clementine
April 12th, 2012, 12:35 PM
They are in a bomb shelter, and all of the occupants have a disease where they are deaf, blind, and dumb so they cannot communicate with the outside world. The killer is their disease that is eventually fatal to most people.

...Yeah?

lunaris888
April 12th, 2012, 01:19 PM
They are in a bomb shelter, and all of the occupants have a disease where they are deaf, blind, and dumb so they cannot communicate with the outside world. The killer is their disease that is eventually fatal to most people.

...Yeah?

Disturbingly thoughtful, but no, its much less dramatic than that.

Dark.Revenant
April 12th, 2012, 01:56 PM
They are playing Mafia, and it's at night.

Sinclair
April 12th, 2012, 02:23 PM

As is mine. I'm going to guess they're all soldiers maybe, and they have radio silence "active". They are holding the suspected killer there in a dark room with gun fire outside. (explains the bright lights and loud noises).

They choose not to leave because they've completed they're soldiers and thats what they signed up to do.
Another reason why they don't want to leave could also be because they've captured the killer and the killers "friends" or "allies" or whatever are outside shooting up the place.

Just a random guess after brainstorming for about 5 minutes. :P

lunaris888
April 12th, 2012, 07:35 PM
They are playing Mafia, and it's at night.

No, you should know better than that Dark, someone always ragequits at night.

lunaris888
April 12th, 2012, 07:35 PM
As is mine. I'm going to guess they're all soldiers maybe, and they have radio silence "active". They are holding the suspected killer there in a dark room with gun fire outside. (explains the bright lights and loud noises).

They choose not to leave because they've completed they're soldiers and thats what they signed up to do.
Another reason why they don't want to leave could also be because they've captured the killer and the killers "friends" or "allies" or whatever are outside shooting up the place.

Just a random guess after brainstorming for about 5 minutes. :P

I like your thinking, but no they aren't soldiers. At least not in general, one or more of them may have been soldiers at one point, but that would be irrelevant as to why they are in the room.

Feyra
April 13th, 2012, 01:20 AM
They win money if they survive? :P

lunaris888
April 13th, 2012, 09:49 AM
They win money if they survive? :P

Good question. No actually, they are losing money to be there!

Sinclair
April 13th, 2012, 06:05 PM
DUH They're all at a movie screening.

Do I win?

lunaris888
April 13th, 2012, 06:56 PM
DUH They're all at a movie screening.

Do I win?

Youre close, but what of the murderer?

Sinclair
April 13th, 2012, 07:11 PM
The murderer is the antagonist (or maybe the protagonist) of the movie and they're scared of the movie. That's why they're deeply afraid. It's a scary-ass movie.

ajkei
April 13th, 2012, 07:37 PM
They are at a horror movie:

Many people are crowded into a dark room (the movie theater is packed), they are bombarded with loud noises and bright lights(the movie playing). They are told that there is a killer in the room that wants them dead(a killer is an essential part of any horror movie). They are deeply afraid, unable to speak(The movie is scary), and can have no communication with the outside world or any other occupant of the room(Cellphones must be turned off now, and please remain quiet for the rest of the screening.). Yet each one of them chose to be there and can leave anytime they like, but chooses not to(No one is going to force you to watch a movie.). Why?
Credit to Sinclair with the original part of the solution.

Sinclair
April 13th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Yeah ajkei that was what I was getting at. I just didn't feel like typing all of that out xD Hahaha thanks for that :)

lunaris888
April 13th, 2012, 08:44 PM
They are at a horror movie:

Credit to Sinclair with the original part of the solution.

This is exactly right.

lunaris888
April 13th, 2012, 08:44 PM
The murderer is the antagonist (or maybe the protagonist) of the movie and they're scared of the movie. That's why they're deeply afraid. It's a scary-ass movie.

Good job ^_^ grats

Sinclair
April 13th, 2012, 09:26 PM
SWEET! Hahaha good riddle, it got me thinking. MOAR MOAR I TELL YOU!