PDA

View Full Version : Mason role in EpicMafia

Membrax
April 19th, 2011, 04:58 AM
Hello, I'm still learning the in and out of this great game, but I already noticed that "mason" seems kinda lackluster in its current implementation, but I was surprised to see how different it is from EM.
Please take a look:
http://wiki.epicmafia.com/index.php?title=Mason

"Converts town-sided and third-party players (maximum of 1 each night) and can have meetings with them at night.
If you mismason (by masoning mafia), you will usually die unless a protective role is on you [...].
Only those masons who chose to convert a mafia member with the majority of the votes will die in a mismason. If a minority votes to mismason someone else or no one at all, they will not die due to mismason."

Sounds pretty awesome to me, since it adds a whole new layer of strategy. You gotta be careful cause you can "mismason" and die, you can also convert a "power role" like sheriff or investigator and regret it, but you may aslo convert a third party role like Serial Killer or Survivor.
Pretty neat IMO.

Does it have a chance of being implemented later on ?

Faceless
April 19th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Sounds really cool, but I don't think it could work since we can only have so many players in one game. If the player cap for Mafia was like ~20 then I could see that working and being awesome, but with 14 I'm not sure it could work unless they could only recruit 1 person total.

Dark.Revenant
April 19th, 2011, 02:20 PM
This actually is a planned feature for the Mason Leader role, which will be able to have a limited amount of recruit attempts.

Faceless
April 19th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Sweet.

Membrax
April 20th, 2011, 01:09 AM
This actually is a planned feature for the Mason Leader role, which will be able to have a limited amount of recruit attempts.

Very nice. Thanks for the info :)