PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Undercover Agent

Rihfok
April 6th, 2012, 11:18 AM
This came as I made my special rule for an S-FM, and clementine added more.

Role Name:Undercover Agent
Alignment:Town
Game Size(s):I have no idea, though I think it would work in smaller games better
Abilities:He has the investigative powers of a Sheriff/Investigator (don't know yet, or perhaps host can choose this), but the special thing is that he can use -reveal to announce himself to the town, gaining guaranteed trust, but losing his investigative powers.
Win Condition: See all Mafia and evildoers dead or something similar.
Intended Purpose:It can make an interesting role for town, and you have the dilemma of deciding when to reveal. If you reveal early, you will have little to no information, but you will be a trusted town ally from the start, if you reveal late... well, you will have a lot more information, but you might not even survive until reveal.
Meta-Game Implications: I have no idea what this means
Possible Cons:After early reveal, it can make difficult WIFOM situations for Doctor, to deicde who to heal, the confirmed town or perhaps someone else who might be attacked, and in dome cases the Agent can hog the Doctor for the entier game. Having a Spree-killer in the setup might make it better.
One Sentence Summary:An investigative role that can reveal during the day losing his other night actions, but becoming a trusted town.

P.S. clementine basically made this, I kinda only gave the idea with my setup

clementine
April 6th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I think this is a great idea! At either extreme the role is investigator/sheriff (who never reveals) or mayor (reveals day 1), which are both roles used in sc2 mafia. I think a good limitation on this role though, is cannot be in a game with a mayor, because I don't think it would be good to have too many roles that can be confirmed town roles to make things fair for the mafia.

I hope this gets approved! It seems not too complicated but has a lot of rich potential!

@ Rihfok props to you for making such an inspiring S-FM setup to inspire this new role!

TheJackofSpades
April 6th, 2012, 11:47 PM
So broken... making new roles by combining old ones makes balance weep.

Rihfok
April 7th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Well, I never said this is intended for SC2 Mafia, I don't want to argue with you much, but it could be atleast tried in some setup to see hot it goes with it.

Capitalier
April 7th, 2012, 09:54 PM
I'm not just buddying with Jack on this; I actually have a simple problem with this role. It gives a power role the ability to instantly clear themselves, heavily discouraging scum from making any intelligent plays with the risk of counter-claiming. There's a reason that mayors can reveal -- they're pretty much useless citizens with a target on their heads; a converted power role is significantly different.

On hold until you can determine a solution.