PDA

View Full Version : Mayor Cannot Reveal

guywhoisweird
June 19th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Just played a public game of Mafia on US servers and I was Mayor. I had a bizarre bug that prevented me from revealing. I talked with users on the Mafia chat channel and they told me that it was probably a bug. I'm coming here to report it.

As Mayor, I tried to reveal during the day (pre-vote part) and I kept getting a message saying "You must cancel your vote to reveal" (or something to that effect). However, because it was the pre-vote sequence, I couldn't cancel my vote - I didn't have any to begin with. At the vote sequence I revealed but it was too late because I got lynched by the remaining two people. If I had already revealed I could have used my powers to lynch somebody. But anyways, it's just a game.

The previous day we lynched the SK and I was one of the people who voted to lynch and I was the only one to vote Guilty. The SK died. On the Mafia chat they said that my vote for the previous day could still be "counted" in the Mafia system. Although this could be an option (and may be another bug), it wasn't the case in my game because the guy died.

The replay is attached. If there's any more information you need let me know and I hope you can quash this bug!

Styx
June 20th, 2011, 01:32 AM
That's not a bug if I recall correctly, Mayor simply cannot reveal until it comes time to vote. Whether or not this is intended however I'm not sure -- the above situation is a little silly though and should probably be changed.

Zack
June 21st, 2011, 03:12 AM
What? The Mayor can reveal at any given time during the day... This is a bug for sure.

Dark.Revenant
June 21st, 2011, 01:00 PM
A bug, yes. However, to be specific, the Mayor can only reveal during a chat-enabled portion of the day. If he can't speak at that time, he can't reveal.

Doesn't apply to this scenario; this is fixed for the upcoming update.

Computer
June 24th, 2011, 02:44 AM
RIGHT, that comes to the second bug point, if the mayor is being lyched but is also being blackmailed, he cannot reveal and save himself.

1>IAM THE MAYOR
2>PROVE IT
1>-vote
1>DAMNIT ITS NOT WORKING
2>Great defense, GUILTY

Clawtrocity
June 24th, 2011, 06:16 PM
No, the Mayor just can't reveal while Blackmailed. It doesn't let him.

Or if he has a vote in he can't reveal he has to unvote type it in and then it'll reveal.

Dark.Revenant
June 24th, 2011, 07:02 PM
@Computer, that's a bug that I am fixing as well.