PDA

View Full Version : [Role Suggestion] News Reporter

GriM-DeMoN
April 5th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Role Name: News Reporter
Alignment: Town Basic/Support
Game Size(s): S-FM OR M-FM
Abilities: At night Report 1 Player. The Next day everything that happened to him will be reported to the town.
-Report GriM-DeMoN

Day 5
A News Reporter reported that GriM-DeMon Was Framed,Followed(Detective or Disguister),Invested(Invest,Consigliere or Sheriff)
A News Reporter Reports that GriM-DeMoN Was Attacked+Healed and Observed(Blackmailer or Lookout)
This Role Will say the DrugDealings Drugings to town so if GriM Was Drugged with Witch. GriM-DeMoN Was witched.
Town Won't Know if he was healed inless he was attacked.

Win Conditions: Lynch Every Crimal and evilDoor

One Sentence Summary: Investigator to see what happened to your target.

Does anyone like the idea.

Rihfok
April 5th, 2012, 01:42 AM
Seems interesting.

Ash
April 5th, 2012, 01:12 PM
GOOD AND CREATIVE ROLE IMO

It's an original role, kind of like a lookout/journalist mixture but specific.
I DO NOT LIKE THE REPORTER TO KNOW FRAME/DRUGGED. because that can be OP for town, especially with a lookout in-game.

GriM-DeMoN
April 5th, 2012, 02:25 PM
What you think I should do Ash lets here your suggestions.

Rocshi
April 5th, 2012, 02:31 PM
OP

In FM, the confirmation of a role existing is insanely useful, and this is just OP for it.

Ash
April 5th, 2012, 02:45 PM
What you think I should do Ash lets here your suggestions.

I think it should be attacked, bussed, roleblocked, visited by jestered, suicided, etc.
but not framed/drugged.
framed COULD work, since there would be WIFOM if you are a mafia who got framed by the framer partner or something. but I would say not drugged, since that defeats the purpose of a drug dealer.

Also, not healed either, because if the news reporter is on the Godfather who is immune and gets attacked, then he is doomed :push:

i like this role because of it's originality, but Rocshi is probably right about what he said.

GriM-DeMoN
April 5th, 2012, 02:57 PM
How about if DrugDealer deals him with being witched.

a News Reporter reports that GriM Was Witched,Invested(invest or Sheriff or Consigliere),Followed(Disguister or detective)

So for some invest roles it does not give the exact role.

A News Reporter Reports that GriM Was Framed,Roleblocked,Annoyed
So Framed Would work

Luna
April 5th, 2012, 07:04 PM
It's basically a Mortician which works on live people and allows anonymous sharing of results with the Town.

I obviously like the concept (enough to put the Mortician concept in) but again it needs to be limited in some way - Town doesn't need much help after all hehe. Nonetheless it's a simple role and simple is GOOD :) If the information wasn't shared to the Town then this role immediately becomes balanced, and still quite powerful (seriously if you check the right person then you can uncover all the lies, very powerful). Giving Town free information which they can trust is just too powerful though.