PDA

View Full Version : Points not saving

Yuengling
April 18th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Started playing this yesterday, great game.
Anyways I've won a few games and lost a few but my points aren't showing in help log.

I die quick and no point in staying for entire game.

Any help?

Dark.Revenant
April 18th, 2011, 03:00 PM
You have to stay until the end to get your points. After all, your points depend on how close your side gets to victory/how long the game lasts/how large the game was, even if you lose. That's why often players who lost can get nearly as many points as players who win, depending on how the game went.

Points not saving is weird. Does it show your other stats, like games won/lost? Your points are saved at the very moment the point scores are displayed, not before, btw.

Yuengling
April 18th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I'm staying until the end. I wait til it claims my points, and I hit Victory or Defeat whichever happens on top right. I've won a few games for 24 pts and a few losses and it shows no record of any games.

Dark.Revenant
April 18th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Blizzard signatures are simply bugged. There's not much I can do except disable signatures altogether and implement an encryption function of my own. The conversion, however, will take many many hours of VERY boring work on my part. Even if I used StarCode (which would mean yet another line in the credits -- my map would suddenly become the author of StarCode's instead of mine by pure work hours involved) instead of writing my own AES, it'll be very long and boring. Unfortunately I have no choice.

I.E. No new content will happen for at least a couple days. This part of development is going to suck massive balls. Oh, and EVERYONE will have ALL of their stats COMPLETELY RESET TO 0.

Yuengling
April 18th, 2011, 03:24 PM
I understand. The game is great, but not worth all the work for no credit of a score or rank :). Fun while it lasted, GL with updates!

Faceless
April 18th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I would play this with or without the the points and records... in fact, I would go so far as to say that the points and records involved in this game are the most fruitless you can achieve in any game.

This game is about anonymity, and if you want your character to have fire coming out of his eyes with aura effects and superhero costume with a pet dragon to show your rank and social status as a player in the game, it completely shatters the anonymity required to play the game.

Other than various vanity rewards, there isn't much DR can do in the way of point rewards (at least I don't think).

As long as I can efficiently lie to the guy next to me this game will probably never lose its entertainment value.

Dark.Revenant
April 18th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I'll be giving out passwords for a bunch of bonus points and stats so that people who lose their work can get compensated.

But yeah, Faceless has a point. In any case, persistent player effects will not be implemented. As is the current standard, even with 200 points, you can pick any model; you don't have to pick scientist. Still, points are a goal for some people to achieve. It's psychological and differs from person to person. Personally, I don't give a damn about my score in any game I play, but I'm a game developer so I have to cater to different personalities.

Samazoid
April 20th, 2011, 12:01 AM
I know this is already sort of addressed, but the points aren't saving for the majority of people.

I've played about five full games of Mafia in the past hour and only one person had any points within those 30-some people -- my points don't save as well. If you ever get the motivation to do really boring work, I think it'd be worth it ;3

Dark.Revenant
April 20th, 2011, 01:20 AM
It's not really a matter of boring work compared to the fact that if I switch over to a new system, then your stats are hackable.

In any case, which region are you in? The bank validation should be turned off, meaning your banks WILL save, at least on SEA and NA. EU is a step behind, I think.

Deolrin
April 20th, 2011, 06:05 AM
It would be cool if you could use the Prisoner, 'Rebel'\colonist and maybe some kind of a Soldier(Marine?) model, if you need ideas for rewards in the future.
But yeah, I unlocked the Scientist model, but then my score got reset, and now I can't gain any score. :(

Dark.Revenant
April 20th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Marine does not have the animations we need. The prisoner/spectreprisoner/rebel models, though, are going in.