PDA

View Full Version : New Role: Potion Maker

JesterKing
April 3rd, 2012, 08:03 AM
A Potion Maker is a neutral role and wins with the Town, Survivors, Mafia and the Amnesiacs. He has several potions at his disposal. He can make 1 love potion per game, unlimited poisonous potions, 2 potions of sleep, 1 potion of forgetfulness, and 1 life giving potion.

Every potion requires 1 night of work before completion so like the arsonist he cannot do anything on the first night. He can make as many potions as he like. For Example Night 1 poisonous potion, Night 2 Love Potion, Night 3 Poisonous potion. So he does not have to use his potions every night.

The Love Potion is used on two player on any night after it is used and causes them to fall deeply in love (they do not have to be opposite genders), And when one of them dies the other dies of heart-brokenness. For Example Night 1 Love Potion made. Night 2 used on Jack and Jill. Day 4 Jill is lynched. Day 5 Jack dies.

Poisonous Potion (or Death Potion). Kills whoever the Potion Maker chooses.

Potion of Sleep. Puts target player to sleep thus role-blocking him/her that night.

Also the potions take effect first For Example if the potion maker uses a love potion on Jack and Jill but Jack is killed that night Jill will also die that night.

Players will be informed that a potion has been used on them just not which one also there could be a setting that it might take a day-night cycle before the potion takes effect.

Also If the Potion Maker is Role-Blocked it only blocks him from making potions and using them on other people except for the blocker but can still use a Poisonous Potion on the Role-Blocker or Blackmailer. For Example Night 2 Potion Maker is Role-Blocked or Blackmailed if he has a Poisonous Potion he has a choice to use it on the offender or not.

That is all I thought this role might bring in some new strategies

Please send me feedback whether you think this role is a good idea or bad, if you have some ideas to improve it, or just anything about it would be much appreciated. -JesterKing

Nick
April 3rd, 2012, 08:50 AM
You posted in Forum Mafia Parking. So I'll give my reply assuming this role is for Forum Mafia.

I like the Love Potion idea. Though I can't see the reasoning of limiting is to one per game. It's just a delayed kill with potential of piercing night immunity. Do they know whom they fall in love with? This will be fun. Mess up kills and lynches. And how does it affect victory conditions?

Poisonous Potion is standard. No problem.

Potion of Sleep is also good.

Potion of Forgetfulness will not work. Using it on mafia means that the whole team is screwed. And also it makes RP difficult.

Life Giving Potion bringing back the dead makes graveyard management difficult. More often than not, the dead will discuss information among themselves. As of healing, it is fine.

I'm not too sure about the victory condition for Potion Maker. On one hand, the abilities are kind of neutral like. But then again, Potion Maker has no motivation to dispense potions. Survivor-like victory conditions promote neutrality after all.

Auckmid
April 4th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Nick said most of it. In order for potion of forgetfulness to work, there would need to be an account/player switch, so that if a mafia player was given it, his ex-teamates would know what it was, but he would be unable to out the entire mafia. I've found that idea very appealing for an FM. However, a similar mechanic has yet to be implemented.

GriM-DeMoN
April 4th, 2012, 09:25 PM
A Potion Maker is a neutral role and wins with the Town, Survivors, Mafia and the Amnesiacs. He has several potions at his disposal. He can make 1 love potion per game, unlimited poisonous potions, 2 potions of sleep, 1 potion of forgetfulness, and 1 life giving potion.

Every potion requires 1 night of work before completion so like the arsonist he cannot do anything on the first night. He can make as many potions as he like. For Example Night 1 poisonous potion, Night 2 Love Potion, Night 3 Poisonous potion. So he does not have to use his potions every night.

1.The Love Potion is used on two player on any night after it is used and causes them to fall deeply in love (they do not have to be opposite genders), And when one of them dies the other dies of heart-brokenness. For Example Night 1 Love Potion made. Night 2 used on Jack and Jill. Day 4 Jill is lynched. Day 5 Jack dies.

2.Poisonous Potion (or Death Potion). Kills whoever the Potion Maker chooses.

3.Potion of Sleep. Puts target player to sleep thus role-blocking him/her that night.

4.Potion of Forgetfulness. Makes target player a Amnesiac. For Example, Night 1 Potion of Forgetfulness made. Night 2 Potion used on Bill the GodFather. Day 3 Bill is Amnesiac and thus no longer a Mafia. This can be used for interesting strategies because instead of lynching a Mafia you could have him join the neutrals and maybe a town.

5.Life Giving Potion. It brings target player back from the dead to rejoin the game as his old role or can be used to heal a player. This will encourage players to stay in the game until the end as they have a hope of living.

Also the potions take effect first For Example if the potion maker uses a love potion on Jack and Jill but Jack is killed that night Jill will also die that night.

Players will be informed that a potion has been used on them just not which one also there could be a setting that it might take a day-night cycle before the potion takes effect.

Also If the Potion Maker is Role-Blocked it only blocks him from making potions and using them on other people except for the blocker but can still use a Poisonous Potion on the Role-Blocker or Blackmailer. For Example Night 2 Potion Maker is Role-Blocked or Blackmailed if he has a Poisonous Potion he has a choice to use it on the offender or not.

That is all I thought this role might bring in some new strategies

Please send me feedback whether you think this role is a good idea or bad, if you have some ideas to improve it, or just anything about it would be much appreciated. -JesterKing

1. This is good Is this for forum mafia or for Mafia SC2.

2. This is normal and good

3. Roleblocking Nice

4. Sorry but this is a terrible idea it will not work.

5. This is also kind of a Terrible idea no idea how it will work.
Do they get removed from the Graveyard so everyone knows hes back alive this does not work at all everyone will know his role :P.

Keep 1,2,3 Remove 4/5 And think of sumthing else

Muso
April 4th, 2012, 10:36 PM
The question you need to ask is what is your role's goals and how does his abilities hhelp him achieve his ultimate ends. Not considering this question is usually where roles go wrong. For example what does the potion maker gain by making other players fall in love with each other?