PDA

View Full Version : [Role Suggestion] Geomancer

Nick
March 31st, 2012, 08:10 AM
Role name: Geomancer

Alignment: Town

Description: Changes weather and alters terrain. Global effect.

Abilities: May cast a spell during the day. Spell will take effect at night. Each spell can only be cast once.
1) Eclipse - Lengthens night. Investigative and killing roles may visit 2 targets.
2) Blizzard - Nasty snowstorm. Stay indoors! Cannot visit other players.
3) Earthquake - A catastrophe! Total chaos. All players are randomly swapped.
4) Heatwave - A humid and hot night with no winds. Better remove your extra clothing! Night immunity disabled.
5) Full moon - Good visibility. Tracking and protective roles may visit 2 targets.
6) Forest mist - Protects yourself and confuse visitors. Roleblock players visiting the Geomancer.

Original idea by Elixir.

Kovath
March 31st, 2012, 11:08 AM

Abilities: May cast a spell during the day. Spell will take effect at night. Each spell can only be cast once.
1) Eclipse - Lengthens night. Investigative and killing roles may visit 2 targets.
4) Heatwave - A humid and hot night with no winds. Better remove your extra clothing! Night immunity disabled.
5) Full moon - Good visibility. Tracking and protective roles may visit 2 targets.
6) Forest mist - Protects yourself and confuse visitors. Roleblock players visiting the Geomancer.

Original idea by Elixir.

Are the investigation/tracking results on Eclipse/Full Moon distinguishable? Like, does it say which is which?

Nick
March 31st, 2012, 11:29 AM
Are the investigation/tracking results on Eclipse/Full Moon distinguishable? Like, does it say which is which?

I would say it depends on the host. They can tweak it to suit the theme and RP.

All roles give should give only one effect when they visit the target. This role cannot fit into normal games.

Hmm... seems like keeping this power to the host is still the best idea.

Ash
March 31st, 2012, 11:52 AM
at first, i thought it said goremancer...

ajkei
March 31st, 2012, 01:49 PM
Admittedly, i did too.

Goremancer
March 31st, 2012, 02:05 PM
Nah I'm sandwraith remember?

GriM-DeMoN
March 31st, 2012, 04:35 PM

Original idea by Elixir.

1)Eclipse -How would this help town giving Killing roles 2 targets. That will be like 4 deaths in 1 night.(What happens to a arsonist)
2)Blizzard - I don't like this one.So Noone can visits anyone its basicly like skipping the night.
3)Earthquake - I like this one kind of like a Bus Driver.
4)Heatwave - This one is pretty good.
5)Full Moon - This is to town op
6)Forest Mist - I like this one

Nick I love the idea but you need to fix up some of them and maybe add in some more stuff that is balanced

Rocshi
March 31st, 2012, 07:25 PM
1)Eclipse -How would this help town giving Killing roles 2 targets. That will be like 4 deaths in 1 night.(What happens to a arsonist)
2)Blizzard - I don't like this one.So Noone can visits anyone its basicly like skipping the night.

Nick I love the idea but you need to fix up some of them and maybe add in some more stuff that is balanced

1 is pretty OP for town IMO.

This is obviously for big games, not for SC2Mafia. 4 KPN isn't that significant.

GriM-DeMoN
March 31st, 2012, 07:30 PM
1 is pretty OP for town IMO.

This is obviously for big games, not for SC2Mafia. 4 KPN isn't that significant.

For 1. Its only Op If Town gets some good Invest results.
But 2 Kills for every killing role.
Mafia will kill Twice
Serial Killer Will Kill Twice
4 People Mostlikly Dead
And Does Arsonist get to douse 2 People if this happens. or
Douse and Burns

Ash
March 31st, 2012, 07:43 PM

2) I like it. It encourages players to make more planning and etc. No one can visit but maybe Jailor can still jail since it begins on day?? That would be a good question for Nick.

for 1) and 5) it's pretty tricky. I believe it depends on the situation.
i think this role should be tested on a game.