PDA

View Full Version : {Implemented} Role Idea: Spree Killer (Neutral)

oops_ur_dead
June 17th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Description: The Spree Killer is a deranged schizophrenic criminal, whose only goal is to collect slaves for the afterlife.
Abilities: The Spree Killer can visit another player's house and kill everyone present at that house. Being "present" is defined as having targetted that player at night. A player is NOT present at their own house if they have targetted someone else as a night action.
Goal: To kill a certain number of people, as defined by the host.

Elixir Edit: This was the Original Role that the Mass Murderer is based upon

wightsnow
June 17th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Does he win alone, does Doc, Bodyguard and such block?

oops_ur_dead
June 17th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Does he win alone

No. See the win condition. Once he meets that, he can do whatever he wants.

does Doc, Bodyguard and such block?

Yes. But if a doc heals a targetted player and isn't healed themselves, then the doc will die.

wightsnow
June 17th, 2011, 01:54 PM
So the last Doc in the cycle will definitely die?

oops_ur_dead
June 17th, 2011, 01:58 PM
No, because only people who target the person who the Spree Killer targets will be hit.
Supposed you have this scenario:
Player A stays at his house
Player B heals Player A
Player C heals Player B
Spree Killer targets Player A
In this case, nobody will die.

Styx
June 17th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Why does no one die if Player A is in their house? Shouldn't the two Doctors die?

Also this concept is really awesome!

Lumber The Jack
June 17th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Its a very cool idea but I dont understand :o

If he kill everyone at a home should not the 3 die? ??? lol

oops_ur_dead
June 17th, 2011, 06:17 PM
The reason it doesn't work that way is because it would be incredibly imba.

Styx
June 17th, 2011, 06:21 PM
But then you say this:

only people who target the person who the Spree Killer targets will be hit.

But if that doesn't cause targets to die... then what does this role actually do? I mean I get Player A surviving because the doctors are healing him, but the two doctors should die because they targeted the same person as The Spree Killer..?

oops_ur_dead
June 17th, 2011, 07:08 PM
When I say target, I mean specifically who the Spree Killer chose in the night cycle. This gives the role strategy, as the Spree Killer must decide who is likely to be targetted by who, and who the high-priority targets are, so that he can kill as many people as possible.
If the role worked how you describe it, then there would be enormous chains of people dying, and little strategy involved in the role.

Clawtrocity
June 17th, 2011, 08:24 PM
You said Player B and C both target A. I think you meant B targeted A and then C targeted B.
D = Investigator targetting A
So it goes
Heals go out
A +1
B +1
C 0
D 0
Spree killer targets A
A 0 (At house)
B 0 (Targetting A)
C 0 (Targetting B not at A's House)
D -1 (Dies)

FalseTruth
June 17th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Anyone who plays with me a lot knows how much I hate the serial killer role.

This, on the other hand, looks fucking awesome.

oops_ur_dead
June 18th, 2011, 06:33 AM
You said Player B and C both target A. I think you meant B targeted A and then C targeted B.
D = Investigator targetting A
So it goes
Heals go out
A +1
B +1
C 0
D 0
Spree killer targets A
A 0 (At house)
B 0 (Targetting A)
C 0 (Targetting B not at A's House)
D -1 (Dies)

Oh shit, yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry about the typo. In my original example, only Player C would have died.

Also, regarding my win condition, I think there should be a host option giving the Spree Killer the same win condition as the SK. I gave him the original one so that the role could be unique and challenging.

Styx
June 18th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Ah okay, that makes sense now. Can you target yourself to kill everyone that targets you?

CyanBlade
June 18th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Do People stay at home when role blocked?

Computer
June 18th, 2011, 04:33 PM
It ruins gameplay IMO.
I.E.
Player A is sheriff or mayor who has revealed
B is maf trying to kill him
C is doc trying to save him
D is inves trying to invest him

BCD dies... wont that be chaotic evil? why not kill A too while hes at it

oops_ur_dead
June 18th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Do People stay at home when role blocked?

Yes.

FalseTruth
June 19th, 2011, 12:58 AM
It ruins gameplay IMO.
I.E.

No, he explained before. Doc saves actually work. Only CD would die

oops_ur_dead
June 19th, 2011, 06:32 AM
It ruins gameplay IMO.
I.E.

That's the beauty of the Spree Killer. Even when someone has revealed as a power role, Mafia/SK/whatever will be reluctant to target them if they know that there is a Spree Killer. The role changes the whole game.

AscendedOne
June 19th, 2011, 06:46 AM
I can't say this role really has a place in this game, its far to chaotic and definitely absurd to try to fit him into any standard game setup.

Zack
June 19th, 2011, 08:20 AM
The role sounds cool, but any power role never stays at home unless blocked... This means you can't target a known sheriff, you can gamble on there being a consort to block him, but thats about it. So this will be quite difficult to play...

oops_ur_dead
June 19th, 2011, 08:41 AM
The role sounds cool, but any power role never stays at home unless blocked... This means you can't target a known sheriff, you can gamble on there being a consort to block him, but thats about it. So this will be quite difficult to play...

That's the whole point of this role. You have to accurately predict who will be targeted by the most people, and hit them. If you want to hit the Sheriff, you have to predict who the Sheriff will investigate and his that person. The role is MEANT to be difficult to play.

AdmiralCain
June 19th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Just IMO, this seems like just another a serial killer, but with some arsonist powers (not "ignoring healing" per se but killing the doctor). I'm not sure if this would add much that's different from the roles already existing.

AdmiralCain
June 19th, 2011, 09:30 AM
That's the whole point of this role. You have to accurately predict who will be targeted by the most people, and hit them. If you want to hit the Sheriff, you have to predict who the Sheriff will investigate and his that person. The role is MEANT to be difficult to play.

Correctly guessing whom the sheriff is going to investigate won't even work to kill the sheriff if a doctor goes to the sheriff's own house to save him long-distance from there.

And rather than figuring out a complicated plan to work out all the nuances and loopholes, I think this role would end up just killing at random, and thus in practice work pretty similarly to the basic SK.

Too much confusion, IMO.

Sarzael
June 19th, 2011, 09:44 AM
I say this role is cool! And i have lot more posts than you AdmiralCain! I win!