PDA

View Full Version : {KickVote List} Plasma: 1-S2-1-2143086 (2 Reports)

XChrisUnknownX
March 18th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Account Name: Plasma
Account ID: 1-S2-1-2143086
In-Game Name: GAME 1: Marauder Shields GAME 2: Mussolini

Crimes Committed: GAME 1: Game-Throwing GAME 2: Lag Screen Grief/Cheat.

Your Account Name: ChrisUnknown
Summary: Game 1: About halfway through he begins stating he is the arsonist, and continues to do this despite being the vigilante. He continues this even after direct killing roles are dead, which means that he could not have been doing it to save his own skin. At the end of the game, when it's fairly clear that Pieman is confirmed detect and . is looking fairly clean, it is pointed out that Guido made an action. Plasma continues to claim arson, doesn't defend himself on the stand, and effectively gets himself lynched, enabling the arson victory. Trolling turned game-throwing in my opinion.

Game 2: Simple. Uses the lag screen to get Jester lynched. Whether this can be considered cheating or not is up in the air because it could not benefit him directly (I believe he was dead already.) but certainly supports the fact that he's willing to disrupt and ruin games, so I include it.

Attached are the replays, labeled, and screenshot of the lag screen usage.

*Note that these reports may be duplicates of other player reports, as we were all pretty annoyed at him in the first game, and some of us moderately annoyed in the second.

fred
March 26th, 2012, 02:45 AM
He indeed exclaims that he is arsonist once he is no longer blackmailed and keeps up the charade. He causes his own lynch knowing full well that it will cost the game and laughs about it afterwards.

This coupled with the obvious lag chat cheating should be given a light punishment to start with. His trolling has crossed the line a little.

Dark.Revenant
March 27th, 2012, 05:54 PM
He's been on the KV before. So now he will get an extra long stint.

Plasma
March 28th, 2012, 07:38 AM
This is absolutely perposterous. I unabashedly refute all claims that I have been game throwing.

For the first game if you guys even bothered to look at the replay instead of blindly following chris' word against well against nobody really since I wasnt even given a chance to defend myself..
you will see that around the 21min mark, pieman whom chris has already admitted is confirmed a detective in game, says that I am not an arsonist and proceeds to inno me at the trial.

The town the foolishly decides to lynch Peter when it is plainly obvious that he was not the arson. Likewise it was obvious at that point that I was not the arsonist but the silly town who had already cleared me from trial before, decided to vote me guilty.

It is at this juncture that I would like to point out it is PIEMAN who gamethew as he already knew I was NOT the arsonist, and even defended me at the previous trial. Knowing so, he still guiltied me and caused the town to lose.

As for the 2nd replay, I was the first to die, and it is revealed that I am the citizen. I was merely spamming in lag chat someone who obviously was not mafia, not would I even know if he was considering that I WAS TOWN.

If I had been mafia and actually exposed a real mafia member, then yes I would be gamethrowing.

HOWEVER, I died the first night and cannot be held accountable for town lynching someone willy nilly due to their incompetence.

To add further insult, this replay wasnt even reviewed by ANYONE when I came to this thread.

Proof is in the attached screenshot below.

I submit to you that this is a clear case of blatant bias and that the mod(s) here have simply taken chris' word over mine without going over the facts.

This is a travesty and has been handled very poorly. I am very disappointed in most of the cohort of moderators with the exception of a few who use logic and sense, instead of simply taking another player's word over mine.
Fod goodness' sake, the 2nd replay HAD ZERO VIEWS.

DramaLlama
March 28th, 2012, 07:48 AM
guilty as FUCK

Ambient
March 28th, 2012, 08:30 AM
It is still lag cheating. Even if you are dead.

For example if you had been disguised. Even if it will not affect you at all. It is still using a method outside the intended methods of communication.

Gingerape
March 28th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Poor Plasma, if you ever join a game with me I won't kick you love.

Plasma
March 28th, 2012, 09:48 AM

For example if you had been disguised. Even if it will not affect you at all. It is still using a method outside the intended methods of communication.

thats nonsense and you know it.
I wasnt even on the mafia team and I had no idea who the real mafia was.
Not to mention the person who died wasnt even mafia.

If this is an offense, I dare say a third of all mafia players have spouted silly accusations in lag chat before.

Furthermore the replay was not even watched by anyone when I was already on KV list.

This is blatant bias.

Plasma
March 28th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Poor Plasma, if you ever join a game with me I won't kick you love.

http://chzbronies.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-aww-thanks-fluttershy.jpg

cygx
March 28th, 2012, 12:45 PM
it really does sound like a bias against him because he's plasma and it would be easier and make people happier to convict him than to actually look at things from an objective point of view

there's nothing past trolling here, and trolling isn't against the rules. people don't like trolls though and they tend to shut up more if the trolls get punished, regardless if wrongfully.

pretty obvious where ambient is coming from here, but a thousand people against a few agreeing on 2+2 equaling 5 does not make 2+2 equal 5

Raptorblaze
March 29th, 2012, 06:59 AM
thats nonsense and you know it.
I wasnt even on the mafia team and I had no idea who the real mafia was.
Not to mention the person who died wasnt even mafia.

If this is an offense, I dare say a third of all mafia players have spouted silly accusations in lag chat before.

Furthermore the replay was not even watched by anyone when I was already on KV list.

This is blatant bias.

Rules of lag chat:
1)do not talk about the game in lag chat
2)do NOT talk about the game in lag chat

This is not rocket science.

Plasma
March 29th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Rules of lag chat:
1)do not talk about the game in lag chat
2)do NOT talk about the game in lag chat

This is not rocket science.

well well well well well...
what do we have here?

Oh look its raptorblaze the patron who was caught with me, archangel,cygx and fyre in the "sting operation" making up his own rules!

btw:
Crime: Cheating
Cheating is using methods unintended by the game (such as abusing Skype, lag screen, or forcing players to read their role cards) to gain an unfair advantage over other players.
Severity: High

I did not lag chat to gain unfair advantage.

What I AM guilty of however is:

"Crime": Trolling
Trolling is acting like an idiot for the pursuit of hilarity, or otherwise screwing with people in a manner that does not ruin the game.
Severity: None
Yep, that's right, nothing will happen to regular trolls.

Raptorblaze
March 29th, 2012, 07:10 AM
well well well well well...
what do we have here?

Oh look its raptorblaze the patron who was caught with me, archangel,cygx and fyre in the "sting operation" making up his own rules!

btw:
Crime: Cheating
Cheating is using methods unintended by the game (such as abusing Skype, lag screen, or forcing players to read their role cards) to gain an unfair advantage over other players.
Severity: High

I did not lag chat to gain unfair advantage.

What I AM guilty of however is:

"Crime": Trolling
Trolling is acting like an idiot for the pursuit of hilarity, or otherwise screwing with people in a manner that does not ruin the game.
Severity: None
Yep, that's right, nothing will happen to regular trolls.
My rules are just guidelines to prevent breaking other rules. Also why does it seem like you disappeared after all that went down?

Plasma
March 29th, 2012, 07:20 AM
My rules are just guidelines to prevent breaking other rules. Also why does it seem like you disappeared after all that went down?

lolol your "rules"

trying to be a mod now eh?

exposed like the fraud that you are brah.

Disappeared? Dude sc2 isnt the only game i play, nor is mafia the only map in it.
I could say the same of you or any other player whom I dont see online, IF i gave a crap about them or whether they played a certain map in sc2 lol.

cygx
March 29th, 2012, 07:28 AM
guys i thought i took all responsibility for that fiasco 3 months ago

but raptor why are you suddenly going good guy?

anyway back on topic, why is plasma still on KV list? i think he's proven himself and no one is really acknowledging his evidence that all he did was troll, and that fred didn't even look at the second replay.

that's not very becoming of the mods

Plasma
March 29th, 2012, 07:31 AM
So, to reiterate my appeal...why am I being put on KV list when I was trolling, NOT cheating.

Plus as per evidence in my SS above, no moderator even looked at the 2nd replay. It just got blindly accepted as chris' words against mine.

I clearly did not gamethrow nor cheat.

Once again Ambient is dodging all my valid questions and staying silent on the matter.

Everyone can see this is just blind KV listing me.

If anyone game threw it would be pieman who KNEW i wasnt arson because he detected me, AND innoed me on a previous night, but still decided to lynch me anyway, thereby causing a town loss and ergo a gamethrow.

DramaLlama
March 29th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Plasma stfu
I would put you on ban list

Plasma
March 29th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Plasma stfu
I would put you on ban list

sup wannabe?
try harder bro.

Gingerape
March 29th, 2012, 08:15 AM
I'm upset. I love playing with Plasma, and yes, sometimes people can get a bit trolly. I do it sometimes even.
I feel like being put on the kick-vote list when you're a vigilante, or non-detective role, and shouting "BROWN IS MAFIA" in the lag screen is just trolling. I mean yes he got lynched, but that's mostly the towns fault for agreeing with the random accusation.
..meep.

cygx
March 29th, 2012, 08:30 AM
this guy clearly has significant backing that he didn't do anything wrong. where are the mods to correct this wrongful punishment? and once it's found to be wrong, how will he be compensated for the time he wrongfully spent on KV list?

I'd suggest a get off KV free card, valid for all the days he spent on KV list for this incorrect punishment. It would only be fair.

Lysergic
March 29th, 2012, 04:13 PM
this guy clearly has significant backing that he didn't do anything wrong. where are the mods to correct this wrongful punishment? and once it's found to be wrong, how will he be compensated for the time he wrongfully spent on KV list?

I'd suggest a get off KV free card, valid for all the days he spent on KV list for this incorrect punishment. It would only be fair.

a thousand people against a few agreeing on 2+2 equaling 5 does not make 2+2 equal 5

Pretty sure that's your answer. A billion users saying it isn't cheating / punishable doesn't mean it isn't cheating / punishable.

Like forcing a role card read, just because people do it a lot doesn't mean it isn't against the rules.

cygx
March 30th, 2012, 06:18 AM
well that point WOULD be valid, except you're using the lag cheating argument. He wasn't lag cheating. In order to be cheating, you need the intent to gain an advantage for yourself. This wasn't the case here.

Raptorblaze
March 30th, 2012, 10:48 AM
lolol your "rules"

trying to be a mod now eh?

exposed like the fraud that you are brah.

Disappeared? Dude sc2 isnt the only game i play, nor is mafia the only map in it.
I could say the same of you or any other player whom I dont see online, IF i gave a crap about them or whether they played a certain map in sc2 lol.

I'm in no way a moderator, they're my personal rules and they make good advice.

XChrisUnknownX
March 30th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I would like to add a followup reply, since there seems to be some sort of idea that he didn't gamethrow the first game. I state, quite clearly, and if you watch the replay you will see that the first game was trolling turned into a straight gamethrow.

The second game, I point out in my report, is really debatable, and I throw it in to show that there's really very little regard for the game two games in a row.

Nothing takes away that first game. Logically, with all killing roles dead, there is no reason for a town member to exclaim that they are anything except their own role, you were determined to paint yourself as an arsonist, you succeeded, and it was gamethrowing.

That said, I have nothing against you personally, I just know I get mad as hell when someone takes this game and kills it by playing to lose, particularly when they are not a solo role. When you're not a solo role, playing to lose affects several people, and to say that it's preposterous or surprising that you were reported is silly.

I look forward to playing games with you, real games with outcomes determined by people playing to win/trolls, but not determined by gamethrows.

Plasma
March 31st, 2012, 09:03 AM
I would like to add a followup reply, since there seems to be some sort of idea that he didn't gamethrow the first game. I state, quite clearly, and if you watch the replay you will see that the first game was trolling turned into a straight gamethrow.

The second game, I point out in my report, is really debatable, and I throw it in to show that there's really very little regard for the game two games in a row.

Nothing takes away that first game. Logically, with all killing roles dead, there is no reason for a town member to exclaim that they are anything except their own role, you were determined to paint yourself as an arsonist, you succeeded, and it was gamethrowing.

That said, I have nothing against you personally, I just know I get mad as hell when someone takes this game and kills it by playing to lose, particularly when they are not a solo role. When you're not a solo role, playing to lose affects several people, and to say that it's preposterous or surprising that you were reported is silly.

I look forward to playing games with you, real games with outcomes determined by people playing to win/trolls, but not determined by gamethrows.

Like I explained earlier.... town already knew I was innocent via the detective and I was judged not guilty at the trial. The same group of townies later proceeded to lynch me (including the detective) thereby causing town to lose.
I was merely trolling saying I was arsonist, BUT the town CLEARLY knew that at the point (check the replay yourself) and decided to lynch me anyway.

I did not cheat.

Anyways, all the mods are simply dodging my valid reasons and appeals as to why I was NOT cheating. Heck half of the replays submitted wasnt even reviewed by ANYONE.

Lysergic showing prime example of this. Not even checking to see if I was actually lag chat cheating and reiterating that I was anyway.

I had died the first night and simply decided to troll the lag chat with a random accusation. If town is stupid enough to randomly lynch, how is that my fault?
I was a citizen and had no way to know what ANYBODY'S role was considering I died the very first night as well.
From the rules that i have quoted it is very clear that lag cheating only occurs if I do it for my benefit.
I was merely trolling.

I'm glad more mafia players can come out and see this blatant abuse of power by mods. I do not expect DR himself to review every single submission of course, but when valid points are raised for appeal and where mods have shown to be blatantly bias, I would hope for some sort of review instead of every moderator or moderator wannabe to pile on the bandwagon in one gigantic circle jerk when they have not even reviewed the reports in question.

cygx
March 31st, 2012, 09:07 AM
yeah, i honestly want to know why no one is giving a counter argument to that either. it's pretty obvious no rules were broken here

FrostByte
March 31st, 2012, 10:35 AM
Can you even see the lag screen in an sc2 replay file?

Raptorblaze
March 31st, 2012, 10:37 AM
Like I explained earlier.... town already knew I was innocent via the detective and I was judged not guilty at the trial. The same group of townies later proceeded to lynch me (including the detective) thereby causing town to lose.
I was merely trolling saying I was arsonist, BUT the town CLEARLY knew that at the point (check the replay yourself) and decided to lynch me anyway.

I did not cheat.

Anyways, all the mods are simply dodging my valid reasons and appeals as to why I was NOT cheating. Heck half of the replays submitted wasnt even reviewed by ANYONE.

Lysergic showing prime example of this. Not even checking to see if I was actually lag chat cheating and reiterating that I was anyway.

I had died the first night and simply decided to troll the lag chat with a random accusation. If town is stupid enough to randomly lynch, how is that my fault?
I was a citizen and had no way to know what ANYBODY'S role was considering I died the very first night as well.
From the rules that i have quoted it is very clear that lag cheating only occurs if I do it for my benefit.
I was merely trolling.

I'm glad more mafia players can come out and see this blatant abuse of power by mods. I do not expect DR himself to review every single submission of course, but when valid points are raised for appeal and where mods have shown to be blatantly bias, I would hope for some sort of review instead of every moderator or moderator wannabe to pile on the bandwagon in one gigantic circle jerk when they have not even reviewed the reports in question.

Well lag cheating aside, your actions in game 1 constitute griefing/light gamethrowing plasma. There isn't much getting around that. At the end of the game your continued insistance changed it from a WIFOM strategy to a gamethrow. I don't know how to check reviews for lag cheating so I can't look at that one.

Can you even see the lag screen in an sc2 replay file?
It saves to the ingame message log. You just have to know WHEN the lag cheating happened, and the hotkey for the message log. If I remember correctly.

Lysergic
March 31st, 2012, 11:43 AM
I'm glad more mafia players can come out and see this blatant abuse of power by mods.

DR's the person who adds people to the Watch, KV, and Ban lists. Not Mods or Keepers. We don't have that power, and thus can't really abuse it.

As for my response, I was more pointing out that cygx's logic was a bit shaky. I can review the replays and give a real opinion if you want.

Nick
March 31st, 2012, 11:59 AM
Advice: Play with people at your level.

Most new players are gullible fools. They don't understand your playstyle while you feel bored playing with them. Do lower your level if you intend to continue playing with them.

DramaLlama
March 31st, 2012, 01:29 PM
Cygx: I wouldn't be talking about rules.

You are a griefer. Technically you don't break any rules but your super troll saves are really griefing.
If it were up to me you would be on watch for now.

Gingerape
March 31st, 2012, 02:01 PM
Cygx: I wouldn't be talking about rules.

You are a griefer. Technically you don't break any rules but your super troll saves are really griefing.
If it were up to me you would be on watch for now.

Aw Drama, he just likes achievements.

Raptorblaze
March 31st, 2012, 04:58 PM
Aw Drama, he just likes achievements.

Yo ginger, there's an achievement you'll never. ;)

creedkingsx
March 31st, 2012, 05:45 PM
Yo ginger, there's an achievement you'll never. ;)

get*?
altruism and philanthropy? ;)

cygx
March 31st, 2012, 06:13 PM
i'm gonna pay 50 extra dollars just to get philanthropy

oh and drama, two problems with your comment:

1. it's either griefing or it isn't. if it's griefing, it's against the rules. no rules are being broken so therefore it isn't griefing.

2. griefing is defined in the rules as trolling to the point of making the game unplayable. well in order for that to be true, i'd have to be trolling. in order to be trolling, my actions would require me having done them with intent to be disruptive for the sake of being disruptive. this is not true either, as i am by no means aiming to be disruptive. i'm playing the game to have fun and enjoy myself, and others may as well. if they don't, that's not my intention. in order for me to be trolling, that has to be my intention.

Plasma
April 1st, 2012, 09:27 AM
DR's the person who adds people to the Watch, KV, and Ban lists. Not Mods or Keepers. We don't have that power, and thus can't really abuse it.

As for my response, I was more pointing out that cygx's logic was a bit shaky. I can review the replays and give a real opinion if you want.

I know dude... thats why on the very same line i said " I do not expect DR himself to review every single submission of course, but when valid points are raised for appeal and where mods have shown to be blatantly bias, I would hope for some sort of review instead of every moderator or moderator wannabe to pile on the bandwagon in one gigantic circle jerk when they have not even reviewed the reports in question. "

I understand DR cannot watch every replay...but the mods have a responsibility to do so when a player is appealing instead of just agreeing with the original mod who brought up this listing... that was my whole point.

Nick: I think you summed it up well.

It is not my fault mafia pubs are gullible fools. and I most certainly wasnt gamethrowing or lag cheating.

Archangel V
April 2nd, 2012, 02:08 PM
Plasma is innocent, XchrisunknownX is the framer.

Empathy
April 17th, 2012, 12:35 AM

Coming from the guy that got me on that list wrongfully for a week.
Shut up, hypocrite.

Unfortunately, I do agree with you that it was merely trolling.

I think the problem here is the lenience put on trolling. By saying it's okay, you get everyone appealing with the "I was just trolling" defense, and then it's suddenly okay. Trolling should be not be allowed, per se, but it should be disregarded if reported, as it would just be overwhelming if everyone reported trolling. Instead, you would eliminate the "just trolling" defense, as it would also be deemed unacceptable.

Trolls are very frustrating, and we've all played with them, if not dabbled with them ourselves. The fact is that trolling is not going to go away, but we shouldn't make it acceptable, just tolerable.

As far as getting a "get off KV free card", that's just simpleminded. Obviously you haven't considered the logistics of monitoring a system like that. Not to mention, it's just not worth it. I can speak from experience here, thanks to you, but I don't think my week spent on the KV list even comes close to the time it would take to monitor a get out of jail free system. Time off mafia just is not that important. It's frustrating, but maybe these things can be stopped at the source...

Raptorblaze
April 17th, 2012, 12:41 AM
A pm to Dark Rev or Ambient is the fastest way after you appeal here. I'll ask next time I see them online.