PDA

View Full Version : Abstergo Industries Recruitment Page (FMXI)

Elixir
March 9th, 2012, 03:48 AM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/Whitetree/FMXI/signup.jpg

Good morning prospective recruits. My name is Ŕlvaro Gramática and I will be acting on behalf of Warren Vidic who sadly could not be here today. I would like to thank you in advance for answering our advertisement for positions here at Abstergo Industries. We currently have 37 positions open in our Research and Development division, headed by Mr. Vidic, where we you will help develop new technology that will unlock the truth of the history of the human race.

Our recruitment program is straightforward. We would have all expressions of interest recorded below. A signiture will suffice, or tell us in a short statement why you want to join Abstergo.

Your admission to the division will be judged on community performance and activity, alongside not being justly disqualified (read: modkilled) from previous positions. You must also confirm that you will not be working in other fields during your time at Abstergo (read: S-FM/M-FM) as your time and focus is precious resources that we need.

Upon being accepted into the program, you will be required to begin team training in approximately 1 week and 2 days from the time of this recruitment message. An exact time will be posted when finalized.

Any other concerns, please raise with reception here: http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/5523-Forum-Mafia-XI

Good Luck Prospective Recruits,

Ŕlvaro Gramática
Resarch Lead, Future Techonolgies Division
Abstergo Industries.
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Ŕlvaro_Gramática

Accepted Agents:

Muso
Crimson
Dust
FalseTruth
Luna
Ash
Rocshi
Ganondorf
philie
JackofSpades
Guardian
oops_ur_dead
Sumikoko
Blazer
Auckmid
Kromos
Claw
Capatalier
CmG
Borkbot
DramaLlama
Goremancer
TheWaaagh
fred
McPwnage
NorthStar
Fragos
Zack
Deathfire123
ajkei
Don't Shoot Me
Eschao
Ubernox
Bruno
MagmaRam
Kovath
Raptorblaze

Reserve Recruits:

Frostbyte
J
GameFreak
MintBerry Crunch
jimbobicus
Mopin
Straykiwi

Muso
March 9th, 2012, 04:13 AM
/sign

Ubernox
March 9th, 2012, 04:16 AM
/sing

Crimson
March 9th, 2012, 05:15 AM
/sign

Dust
March 9th, 2012, 05:37 AM
//sign

The cop insanity s-fm is almost done (read: 10 minutes)

FalseTruth
March 9th, 2012, 06:00 AM
They drained my soul and made it theirs. I drained my body to show you where I saw it.

Luna
March 9th, 2012, 06:08 AM
/sign

As long as this doesn't go on for more than 4 weeks (lol) I'm gravy

Ash
March 9th, 2012, 06:08 AM
/sign
for moar nude pics postingz

Edit to make this sound more role-play:

Salutations Mr. Gramática,
I am a well-known Agent looking for a job at Abstergo Industries.
I have to admit I have committed a crime recently, but it's nothing serious to prevent me from working in this job. I am a very intelligent and critical thinker that loves to think outside the box. I'm also responsible and try to do everything like if there was no tomorrow.
Sincerely, le Ash.

Ubernox
March 9th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Will there be anon accounts? Will I live past day 2 this time?

Rocshi
March 9th, 2012, 06:46 AM
/sign

Ganondorf
March 9th, 2012, 06:59 AM
/sign

philie
March 9th, 2012, 07:21 AM
OH HELL YEAH.

SIGN

TheJackofSpades
March 9th, 2012, 07:32 AM
/sign

Guardian
March 9th, 2012, 07:38 AM
/Sign (As long as we get Anon Accs)

(hopefully) will lynched/night-killed in the first three days.

Seriously, why does no one target me in my M-FMs and FMs?

Kovath
March 9th, 2012, 07:53 AM
/Sign

Excited!

Elixir
March 9th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Dr Vidic has advised that anonymous accounts will be provided to successful applicants.

Ŕlvaro Gramática
Resarch Lead, Future Techonolgies Division
Abstergo Industries.
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Ŕlvaro_Gramática

FrostByte
March 9th, 2012, 08:39 AM
/sign!!!!1!!!!!

Sumikoko
March 9th, 2012, 09:03 AM
/sign

Blazer
March 9th, 2012, 09:17 AM
/sign! please and thank you!

Auckmid
March 9th, 2012, 09:20 AM
/sign

Kromos
March 9th, 2012, 09:24 AM
/sign

Bruno
March 9th, 2012, 09:51 AM
/sign

I just realized we can write a short reason of why we want to play FMXI

Well, I want to join FMXI because I've had friends who've played forum mafia before and they told me it was a blast. I think it'll be a lot of fun to play a mafia game which has more depth to it than the SC2 mafia version. And that is why I want to join FXMI. I will be signing autographs all week @ the Hilton. Thanks.

Clawtrocity
March 9th, 2012, 10:29 AM
/sign

J
March 9th, 2012, 10:50 AM
/sign

Big fan of AC :)

Capitalier
March 9th, 2012, 11:10 AM
/sign

CmG
March 9th, 2012, 11:43 AM
/sign

that what bork said.

BorkBot
March 9th, 2012, 12:12 PM
/sign

Zack's SFM should be over by then.

DramaLlama
March 9th, 2012, 12:22 PM
/sign

Goremancer
March 9th, 2012, 12:54 PM
/Sign

TheWaaagh
March 9th, 2012, 01:27 PM
/sign

GameFreak
March 9th, 2012, 01:51 PM
/sign

fred
March 9th, 2012, 04:59 PM
/sign

:)

McJesus
March 9th, 2012, 05:37 PM
/sign

NorthStar
March 9th, 2012, 06:20 PM
/sign

Blazer
March 9th, 2012, 08:52 PM
/sign
Can't wait to start stabby stabby or findy findy!

Are you ready to RRRRUUUUUUMMMMBBBBLLLLLEEEEEEEE?????? I know I am :D

Blazer
March 9th, 2012, 09:08 PM
I am ready to rumble!!!!

New face-palm image for our FMs theme.

http://store.picbg.net/pubpic/64/08/4bfb13b5feb06408.jpg

LOL! Great way to start XD

Socretin
March 9th, 2012, 10:25 PM
gaaahhhh I want to sign up for this but i'm going to be in Japan from March 24th until April 5th or 6th which is probably right when this game will be going on....

Jim
March 10th, 2012, 12:38 AM
/sign

Fragos
March 10th, 2012, 01:53 AM
/sign

jimbobicus
March 10th, 2012, 02:39 AM
/sign

Mopin
March 10th, 2012, 03:39 AM
/sign

If me and Kromos are allowed to play together. We've done a lot of M-FMs and S-FMs and we never talk about the game while it's going on.

MagmaRam
March 10th, 2012, 07:35 AM
/sign

Zack
March 10th, 2012, 07:38 AM
/sign

My S-FM should be over by then... Probably :)

Deathfire123
March 10th, 2012, 02:45 PM
/SIGN

Dust
March 10th, 2012, 02:48 PM
It looks like 'Lix will have to reserve a few people. I wonder who they will be....

ajkei
March 10th, 2012, 04:28 PM
/sign

Dont Shoot Me
March 11th, 2012, 01:42 AM
/sign

Escaho
March 11th, 2012, 07:43 AM
/sign!

Elixir
March 11th, 2012, 06:17 PM
I will be locking this thread in a couple of hours and then updating the main post.

Forum Mafia GM
March 11th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Ŕlvaro closed this thread too soon. It has been reopened with the original post updated... There is still time to register your interest with Abstergo.

-- Warren Vidic

Ganondorf
March 11th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Ouch... Modkills really took a toll on the recruits...

Elixir
March 12th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Not all review recruits are Modkills.

Dont Shoot Me
March 12th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Why am I a pending recruit?

Yayap
March 12th, 2012, 07:34 AM
I'll vouch for "Don't Shoot Me" he played amazingly in FM-X while he was alive and a citizen.

Dust
March 12th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Yayap ain't playin'? That's sad. I have to repay him something...

Auckmid
March 12th, 2012, 10:51 AM
In my opinion, those who particpated well FMX should get to play in FMXI. Those who were modkilled for less contreversial reasons, such as lurking, should be lower down the priority list.

Rocshi
March 12th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I second the nomination of Don't Shoot Me. And also to nominate Escaho, he knows what he's doing, he's won every FM game he's been in except for one, in which he received MVP. That counts for something.

DramaLlama
March 12th, 2012, 11:24 AM
The way I see it:
New members should play some SFM/MFM before participating in their first FM. Some people are unaware of what they getting into when they make the transition from sc2 mafia to these forum mafias.

After you have played a couple you get into a FM.

Some people see it as "Oh I played well in FMx I should get into FMxi!"
I don't think that's the case... I realize some people hate SFM and MFM but there are a limited amount of spots per FM and if all the 'good' players get spots because of their reputation or status (mods/patrons/benefactors etc.) when do newer players get to play?

You can't play them all or we will never see new faces and thus everyone knows everyone and the game all of a sudden becomes filled with ego trips, who's a bigger troll, etc.

This is why I debated signing up for FMxi, it's smaller and there are some newer people around that want to play. I ultimately signed up because I made early exits in Zacks SFM and Borks MFM (only 2 that were going on since FMx).

I think we need to run some SFMs during FMxi. People who make early exits/don't make the list for whatever reason have something to do and a chance to 'prove' themselves again.

Bruno
March 12th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I've done forum RPing before, Drama. I don't think you can rate how well someone would be keeping track/etc with forum Mafia can just be as if "lulnoaccoladesinsig". I've spent years RPing on forums, etc. Do I believe that makes me 100% suitable for FM? No, but I know what I'm getting myself into. Just my two cents.

Escaho
March 12th, 2012, 11:39 AM
I second the nomination of Don't Shoot Me. And also to nominate Escaho, he knows what he's doing, he's won every FM game he's been in except for one, in which he received MVP. That counts for something.

Aw, appreciate the support, Rocshi! <3

If my pending is based on letting new players play, I wouldn't mind giving up my spot if I can be a reserve player. However, if you are looking for people who will generally be active, I feel that I would be a good candidate, as I had one of the top two post counts in the last FM and, while my scum-hunting abilities are not as perfected as many of the veterans, I feel like I still can contribute a lot to discussion. =D

Blazer
March 12th, 2012, 11:44 AM

If my pending is based on letting new players play, I wouldn't mind giving up my spot if I can be a reserve player. However, if you are looking for people who will generally be active, I feel that I would be a good candidate, as I had one of the top two post counts in the last FM and, while my scum-hunting abilities are not as perfected as many of the veterans, I feel like I still can contribute a lot to discussion. =D

Mine was the highest. Lol. At least our was before I died...
Not trying to one up or anything, just for the lolz. Most posts-least productive XD

DramaLlama
March 12th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I've done forum RPing before, Drama. I don't think you can rate how well someone would be keeping track/etc with forum Mafia can just be as if "lulnoaccoladesinsig". I've spent years RPing on forums, etc. Do I believe that makes me 100% suitable for FM? No, but I know what I'm getting myself into. Just my two cents.

I know this but I still think you should play at least one to show it.
Being modkilled in a SFM/MFM is way easier to deal with than in a FM.

It's like applying for a job with no previous experience...
Really it is.

The GM for FMxi is 'hiring' people to play this game and when they don't show up to work they get fired. Why should he accept people he doesn't know anything about or people who don't have proven experience (saying you did some other places is hearsay).

Sorry to name names, but azeryuu and socretin both showed me they didn't know everything they were getting into with Borkbots MFM.
I think azeryuu even was modkillable for a while (being away too long). Point is they now know wtf to do and could play a FM.

If they had started in a FM then they would have been torn to pieces, people who have raged at these 'noobs', GM would have shit bricks trying to understand how they were given a place in FM, etc. etc.

TL;DR Prove yourself in at least one SFM/MFM before playing FM.

TheWaaagh
March 12th, 2012, 12:56 PM

Let Jack Bauer play god damnit.

TheJackofSpades
March 12th, 2012, 01:29 PM
You guys should drop the elitist 'you have to play m-fm before FM' bullshit while you can. I'll be honest with you, Elixir nor any of the other hosts previous or in the future will give two shits about it.

As I recall, people got on just fine without dipping their feet in the water before. Pretending like people aren't capable of FM from the start is incredibly dumb.

Just something to keep in mind.

Deathfire123
March 12th, 2012, 02:27 PM
You guys should drop the elitist 'you have to play m-fm before FM' bullshit while you can. I'll be honest with you, Elixir nor any of the other hosts previous or in the future will give two shits about it.

As I recall, people got on just fine without dipping their feet in the water before. Pretending like people aren't capable of FM from the start is incredibly dumb.

Gonna have to agree with Jack here. A huge amount of the players played FM before they played MFM (even before it was an idea) and did just fine their first time through. Sure, some people had issue with time management, but really, it would've been the same problem even if they had been in an MFM beforehand.

Auckmid
March 12th, 2012, 02:58 PM

While the elitists are faggots, and the majority of people playing have never played any M-FMs before, the thing which hosts realy dont want to deal with are people who sign up, then never post once the FM starts. People who have completed M-FMs previously have shown that they can participate in an FM game, and are less likely to go AFK. People who simply signup for an FM 1 day are the people most likely to go AFK, and therefore the greatest liability.

Blazer
March 12th, 2012, 03:16 PM
While the elitists are faggots, and the majority of people playing have never played any M-FMs before, the thing which hosts realy dont want to deal with are people who sign up, then never post once the FM starts. People who have completed M-FMs previously have shown that they can participate in an FM game, and are less likely to go AFK. People who simply signup for an FM 1 day are the people most likely to go AFK, and therefore the greatest liability.

That's not necessarily true. Being new made me post more. True I wanted to lurk a bit and observe other people to get the hang of it. I can see your point because there is no trust since the person is new, but just because your new doesn't mean you won't post at all. Especially with anti lurk rules. Plus hosts have reserves for if that happens.

Auckmid
March 12th, 2012, 05:11 PM
That's not necessarily true. Being new made me post more. True I wanted to lurk a bit and observe other people to get the hang of it. I can see your point because there is no trust since the person is new, but just because your new doesn't mean you won't post at all. Especially with anti lurk rules. Plus hosts have reserves for if that happens.
Its not that there havn't been many new people who contribute very much. However, the majority of people who have to be dealt with due to AFKness are the ones who have never played any sort of FM before.

NorthStar
March 12th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I'm a fucking Abstergo Agent! My dream job!

Blazer
March 12th, 2012, 05:25 PM
I'm a fucking Abstergo Agent! My dream job!

Damn straight!

@auckmid: but that doesn't mean it's the majority of new people. Just a few. Why punish the majority for the minority? It reminds me of a coach punishing the whole team when one person screwed up...
But I do understand what you're trying to get at and trying to prevent. I think the hosts have done a good job dealing with that without having to exclude new people tho. (of course I haven't played as many FMs as you...it just seems like they have a gameplan or trend they are following.)

Kovath
March 12th, 2012, 06:29 PM
One of the new guy's thoughts on the subject:

Perhaps the host should allow some of the new players to pm with how they're preparing for FMs. I understand where a lot of you guys are coming from, but speaking from my perspective, I've spent a lot of time observing FMs of all kinds and looking through the old FM archives. While it is true that FM is a much bigger commitment than S-FMs or M-FMs, it also means that each individual's actions have less of an effect on the result of the game (compared to say, McPwnage having to decide the game in Dust's Cop Insanity). It gives new players a chance to participate without having the pressure of make-break for their alignment. Now that I think about it, just use the anonymous accounts and give the new guys citizen or something. It gives them a chance to contribute and learn while not having the burdens of controlling a major PR for any team. Additionally, the M-FMs and S-FMs also have the same mindset of having experienced players, so some players might never get a chance.

Anyways, I signed for Borkbot's M-FM but was put on reserve, so that's a bummer.

Elixir
March 12th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Most of the people on the pending list are people I dont recognize by name so I needed to IP bounce and check their posting habits around the forum etc.
Pending doesnt mean anything bad or I would have straight reserved them.
I have just been playing the Tera beta non stop this weekend so it kinda didnt get done.

The #1 thing I'm looking for is activity, so if you've already shown you're active then you shouldn't have a problem getting hired.

I dont give a fuck about how many FMS you've played.

Blazer
March 12th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Can I get a raise? :)

straykiwi
March 12th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Please can I play? Never played FM before but sounds really fun.

Blazer
March 12th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Please can I play? Never played FM before but sounds really fun.

Type "/sign"

Dust
March 12th, 2012, 08:59 PM
I vouch for Escaho. I think his play as fm Narks really pushes him into the "non-lurker" group.

straykiwi
March 12th, 2012, 10:39 PM
/sign

Forum Mafia GM
March 12th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Hiring has taken place.

Thank you for your interest in Abstergo Industries. We are still taking applications for our reserve list incase we find our choices... unsuitible.

Ash
March 12th, 2012, 11:18 PM
woohoo i made it to the top 10 of the sign list. le 6, le number of le beast

Auckmid
March 12th, 2012, 11:27 PM
woohoo i made it to the top 10 of the sign list. le 6, le number of le beast
I very proud of you right now :*

I want to go to bed, but I also want to see Elixir make the updates...

Raptorblaze
March 12th, 2012, 11:36 PM
/reserve didn't even see this :O

Forum Mafia GM
March 12th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Making a few changes. The Handbook also has the account names.

Auckmid
March 12th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Wut time are you finnishing Lix?

Forum Mafia GM
March 12th, 2012, 11:41 PM
It is now finalized.

Auckmid
March 12th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Okay, so I can go to bed?

Forum Mafia GM
March 12th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Yes,

Auckmid
March 12th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Yes,
:>

straykiwi
March 13th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Damn I guess its unlikely someone will drop out right ? :(

Nick
March 13th, 2012, 01:42 AM
Damn I guess its unlikely someone will drop out right ? :(

With that list? Tough luck... these guys don't mind getting citizens...

And lol at Raptorblaze... but why is Keystone banned?

Elixir
March 13th, 2012, 02:21 AM
Keystone = Kevinpowers.

Fossil
March 13th, 2012, 02:34 AM
/reserve

TheJackofSpades
March 13th, 2012, 08:22 AM
I'm so over you that I make smurfs to try and sabotage more FMs because of my superiority to you as a human being.

lol... I realized you were a despicable scumbag but you continue to exceed my expectations.

BillyMays
March 13th, 2012, 12:30 PM
/reserve

oops_ur_dead
March 13th, 2012, 04:30 PM
In

Blazer
March 13th, 2012, 05:19 PM
In

Oops is playing? :O

Raptorblaze
March 14th, 2012, 09:33 AM
With that list? Tough luck... these guys don't mind getting citizens...

And lol at Raptorblaze... but why is Keystone banned?
I got in :3 yay modkills.

Keystone = Kevinpowers.
http://i.imgur.com/ajR7u.jpg

oops_ur_dead
March 14th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Oops is playing? :O

What's so amazing about that?

Blazer
March 14th, 2012, 08:04 PM
What's so amazing about that?

Just asking a question. Is it amazing? Or is it opposite of amazing? I don't really know you :O

creedkingsx
March 14th, 2012, 09:20 PM
/sign

Elixir
March 15th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Update to List:

Frostbyte (Trollizor / TrolIzor / BilIyMays / BiIIymays) Moved to Reserve --> Oops_ur_dead move into recruits.

Fragos
March 15th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Too bad, Archangel, you gave yourself out.

Nick
March 16th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Too bad, Archangel, you gave yourself out.

I don't think Frostbyte = Archangel...

Ubernox
March 16th, 2012, 08:27 AM
At least this game won't have such an obtuse amount of players like the last one did. I still dread the massive amounts of spam, though.

Ubernox
March 16th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Mainstream FM is such serious business...

Yayap
March 16th, 2012, 09:17 AM
At least this game won't have such an obtuse amount of players like the last one did. I still dread the massive amounts of spam, though.

Check the amount of active players in FM-X... even though there was 50 players, only about 35 posted actively each day. And even with only 22 players alive, you guys still managed to post over 1000 messages.

Ash
March 16th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Check the amount of active players in FM-X... even though there was 50 players, only about 35 posted actively each day. And even with only 22 players alive, you guys still managed to post over 1000 messages.

So you're not playing on FMXI?

Edit: If you're not playing because I said I was posting nude pics on it, it was a joke.

DramaLlama
March 16th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Ash you must post nudes or I will modkill you

BorkBot
March 16th, 2012, 10:30 AM
http://i.qkme.me/364o7c.jpg

Nude Llama for you

Blazer
March 16th, 2012, 11:01 AM

Mission accomplished. Lol

Auckmid
March 16th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Check the amount of active players in FM-X... even though there was 50 players, only about 35 posted actively each day. And even with only 22 players alive, you guys still managed to post over 1000 messages.Day 5 of FMX wouldn't have been such a huge day if it wasn't a multi-lynch day. However, seeing howwe had quite a few inactive players early in FMX, there will still be a ton of posts this FM.