PDA

View Full Version : MAC Crash

putuguk
June 13th, 2011, 10:04 PM
every time i play this game on my mac it crashes

Dark.Revenant
June 13th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Are you really a Mac user? Only the first letter is capitalized.

But seriously, I have no idea how to fix it because I don't use a Mac and I have no idea where to start in terms of stuff that crashes Macs and not Windows/Linux.

Lysergic
June 13th, 2011, 10:54 PM
I play on my Macbook Pro all the time, and I've never had a problem with crashing. Is it ONLY this custom game, or any custom?

oops_ur_dead
June 14th, 2011, 01:45 PM

Solution: Buy a real computer.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
June 14th, 2011, 02:09 PM
But oops, that would imply, some what, that a mac is a 'computer' in general terms.

Solution: buy a computer.

Lysergic
June 14th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Lawl. Loving the snide remarks about Mac. For some people, a Mac is a must-have for things outside of playing video games (e.g. a career).

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
June 15th, 2011, 12:18 AM
I could buy this $3,000 MacBook that can run StarCraft: Brood War

OR
I could buy this $500 laptop that uses windows 98 and play [INSERT EVERY GAME HERE]

Lysergic
June 15th, 2011, 01:40 AM
I could buy this $3,000 MacBook that can run StarCraft: Brood War

OR
I could buy this $500 laptop that uses windows 98 and play [INSERT EVERY GAME HERE]

More like:

I could buy this $3,000 Macbook Pro that has Final Cut on it, which I NEED for work...

OR

I could buy this $500 Windows laptop and play games instead of working!

Video games aren't the only consideration when paying a computer.

And besides, this topic isn't about whether or not Macs are a valid computer; it's about this one guy's technical issues (which, by the way, are not common to Macs, as I've pointed out - it's a problem with SPECIFICALLY his computer).

tearshed
June 15th, 2011, 05:48 AM
You know you can install windows on a mac, which circumvents the entire 'lolmacnogames' argument.

Zack
June 15th, 2011, 05:50 AM
You know you can install windows on a mac, which circumvents the entire 'lolmacnogames' argument.

Its an abomination! Kill it! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

heh, no actually I don't have issues with macs. I've never even seen one.

CyanBlade
June 15th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Solution, buy both. :P

oops_ur_dead
June 16th, 2011, 04:37 PM

You can install OS X on a real computer. It's just that hardly anyone needs to use the toy OS. I tried it once for development, but it was such a piece of shit that I just deleted its partition and ran it in a virtual machine.

TrollinMurloc
July 1st, 2011, 11:22 PM

That's a global issue with ALL games. Sometimes you will get desynced during loading, or disconnected mid or early game, usually in the beginning. Blizzard has yet to fix this problem.

I am on a mac myself, and I do play your game, Mafia, which I am only disappointed in it is the fact that 12 year old kids with no reason or intelligence like to lynch without looking at the role list and graveyard. Yay for on-topic and off-topic post, well not exactly off-topic...if you understood what I was implying...