PDA

View Full Version : faulty win conditions

Roblin
June 13th, 2011, 02:01 PM
the following happened: there are 1 random town left, 1 mayor (revealed as mayor), 1 mafioso and 1 serial killer. the following night the serial killer kills the mafioso, the mafioso kills the random town, and the population is reduced to 1 mayor and 1 serial killer (in my opinion the maf/sk should have killed the mayor, but for some reason they didn't) the game detects a "town+serialkiller=serialkillerwin" scenario and promptly ends with a victory for serial killer completely disregarding the fact that the mayor can happily lynch him and be the lone survivor.

I have later found some other situations that are of similar nature, namely:
why can't he lynch?(the one I mentioned above): mayor vs (arso/sk/maf) = (arso/sk/maf) win
can't they kill each other?: vigi(that has shots left) vs mafioso/arso = mafia/arso win
they can't kill each other!: godfather(invulnerable at night) vs serial killer(invulnerable at night) = serial killer win

these seemingly faulty win conditions agravate me to no end, I need to know, are these intended or a bug?

Dark.Revenant
June 13th, 2011, 02:12 PM
"Fixing" it requires a huge amount of upkeep and a 10 hour rewrite of the endgame code, followed by another 10 hour of bugfixing and testing. And I'm on my break.

Clawtrocity
June 13th, 2011, 03:06 PM
The SK could also happily lynch the mayor since a majority of 2 is 1 it just depends on who can click the button faster. The mayor should never be considered for whenever Dark actually gets the time to go through and fix this.

The only major issue is game setup if the SK is unimmune and the GF is immune the SK should lose, but because of the 1v1 scenario the SK will win as soon as day starts. Honestly there really isn't an issue with the system as you can usually plan for it and prevent it from happening. If you're GF don't not kill the SK thinking oh I can kill him anyway so go ahead and kill the SK and hope that they either don't know you're GF or that there is only 1 other person left so you get the win.

Auckmid
June 13th, 2011, 03:41 PM
I actually like everything the way it is. I think that its only fair that as sk is 1 of the hardest roles in the game to win as, it should always automaticaly win if it makes it to the final 2. I also think that it would be unfare if 1 town (Even if Mayor) could beat the mafia or sk in the final 2, unless he managed to force the game into a "Jailors Dilema" situation, in which case he would deserve to win

CyanBlade
June 15th, 2011, 10:15 AM
How can one person overpower an sk and put him on the lynch stand, let alone a mayor? Unless it's the streets of rage(?) mayor. :P

Membrax
June 15th, 2011, 11:58 AM
How can one person overpower an sk and put him on the lynch stand, let alone a mayor? Unless it's the streets of rage(?) mayor. :P

The Mayor of Earth would, no sweat ;D