PDA

View Full Version : Executioner wins after death?

Deolrin
June 13th, 2011, 12:11 PM
So I just played a game in which the Executioner won, even though he died and we lynched his target only later on. I attached a replay.
We executed his target after he himself already died, so in theory, this shouldn't award him a victory, or should it? IIRC, the victory condition says "live long enough to see your target executed".

Clawtrocity
June 13th, 2011, 12:40 PM
As far as I know it's not a bug, but it might not be working as intended.

Meaning it's not a freak accident it always happens that way that if the target gets lynched the executioner wins regardless if he is dead or not, but I'm not sure if that's how Dark envisioned it.

Deolrin
June 13th, 2011, 12:59 PM
I would understand it if his target got executed, and then he died, and he would win. (That's supposed to happen)
But in this occasion the Executioner literally did nothing; He got shot at night, we lynched his target because he was Mafia, and he still won.

Clawtrocity
June 13th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I know what happened. I'm saying that's how the executioner works right now it's not a bug, but it might not be the way Dark wanted it to work.

What happened to your executioner isn't a fluke, one time thing, bug, glitch, crazyrandomhappenstance...It's how the executioner is designed right now and the executioner can counter that, by giving a false name in his will and hoping someone lynches his target instead or something.

What if his target was an arson and he said "OH X IS BAD GUYS GET HIM" Obviously no one will listen to him, but if he dies that night and a sheriff checked X why shouldn't he get the win? He basically drew attention to an otherwise non-target and that's his mission.

Dark.Revenant
June 13th, 2011, 01:58 PM
I guess you'll just have to live with this bug for a while.