PDA

View Full Version : [Role Suggestion] Secret Agent

GriM-DeMoN
February 28th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Role Name: Secret Agent
Description: You are a asshole agent that always visits everyone
Abiltys: Visit a Nightchat.
You do not know what Nightchat you are in.
Special Abilities:
Goal:Lynch Every Crimal and Evildoer
Alignment :Town
Level : Advance
Type :Power
Host options
Can not Visist Mason Leaders Night Chat
Can Not Visist Cults Night chat
Can Not visist Mafias Cult chat
Can Not visist Jailors Chat
Intended Purpose:I just Reckon this would be really fun and good to fit with mafia.

In this role at night the Secret Agent randomly Goes to a Nightchat They Will Not know what Nightchat they Enter. So they Dont act as a spy. Stright away at night they auto say Hey im a Secret Agent Checking to see whats going on.This role doesnt really have any Active Abiltys but its fun for a Mason/Cult Game.So the Secret agent can talk to the People in the nightchat. The mafia can lie and pretend its a jailor chat or Something

Luna
March 8th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Since you've asked me, I'm going to give you some feedback on this role.

For the majority of games, this role would basically be a Spy; most M-FM games don't have Masons or Cult. This is essentially a Spy with less control over his night actions, who is forced to reveal himself in a chat.

In forum games this is too disruptive. For starters, there's a logistical problem - how would the anonymity be handled?

In forum games, scum need their chat. They need the chance to co-operate in-depth and plan their night actions. They need to co-ordinate with each other, and come up with strategies for future days. Even if the chat was anonymous, any Cult/Mafia chat would immediately be compromised. No one would post, for fear that the 'Secret Agent' could decipher who they are via their speech patterns. No co-ordination can be attempted, because the scum will reveal town roles.

Scum may be able to use it to their advantage, by pretending to be masons or something, but the fundamental problem remains; they cannot communicate in the way they need to.

Also, most night chats are named.

Last but not least, I decided to not add this role to the compendium because it already exists - as I said, this is the Spy from SC2 Mafia. We don't need a role card for the Spy, and any host which adds a Spy-like role will have to overcome their own particular technical hurdles. There are so many roles available to a host, this concept just hasn't been feasible enough to include in any of the 10 FM games or dozens of S-FM/M-FM games so far.

TheJackofSpades
March 8th, 2012, 06:26 PM
In forum games this is too disruptive. For starters, there's a logistical problem - how would the anonymity be handled?

In forum games, scum need their chat. They need the chance to co-operate in-depth and plan their night actions. They need to co-ordinate with each other, and come up with strategies for future days. Even if the chat was anonymous, any Cult/Mafia chat would immediately be compromised. No one would post, for fear that the 'Secret Agent' could decipher who they are via their speech patterns. No co-ordination can be attempted, because the scum will reveal town roles.

Scum may be able to use it to their advantage, by pretending to be masons or something, but the fundamental problem remains; they cannot communicate in the way they need to.

Also, most night chats are named.

Just out of curiosity, if you feel this way, then why is the Operative in the compendium?

Luna
March 8th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I still have the same fundamental opinion on the Operative/Infiltrator, but this is much more similar to the Spy role. The other thread also came first, and included possible solutions for the technical difficulties, as well as the mafia mirror role.

TheJackofSpades
March 8th, 2012, 08:17 PM
I still have the same fundamental opinion on the Operative/Infiltrator, but this is much more similar to the Spy role. The other thread also came first, and included possible solutions for the technical difficulties, as well as the mafia mirror role.

The only real similarity this role shares with the spy is that it's action isn't targeted. The spy can't infiltrate jailor chat, this role's scope is much more narrow, and it announces itself AND allows the role to communicate with the night chat which the spy cannot do.

But I'm not arguing the merits of whether this is a good role or not, only that it seems a little hypocritical to base your criteria on why this role shouldn't be added to your compendium on such things when there are roles that exhibit the same basic traits as other roles throughout mafia.

For instance, by your criteria, every neutral killer that kills by a single targeted night action should be removed for sharing too much similarity with the serial killer.

And the whore because it shares too much similarity with the veteran.

Et cetera.

Luna
March 9th, 2012, 05:09 AM
It was more of a case that I didn't notice this was in M-FM Parking, I thought it was another of Grim's SC2 Mafia roles which he posted in Mafia Discussion. He had to draw my attention to it.

But it's now in the compendium.

GriM-DeMoN
March 9th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Yeah i don't really know anything about M-Fm Parking. This is a role i want to actualy be on the mafia game but someone said in the mafia Discussions for me to post my role ideas here.