PDA

View Full Version : [Role Suggestion] Saboteur

Rocshi
February 27th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Role Name: Saboteur

Alignment: Town

Game Sizes: Any, but would be more effective in larger games.

Abilities: Picks a person each night. If this person owns a gun (Mafioso, Vig, Jailor, (Both will die if Veteran?) other roles from previous FM that can be classified by host), the gun is sabotaged, and will explode and kill the owner instead. The target of the gun-owner will not die.

Win Condition: Win with the Town.

Meta-Game Implications: The player of this role would have to be VERY careful with his night actions. You don't want your vig or jailor blowing up on you, do you?

Possible Cons: Would not be very beneficial to the town in the wrong hands.

One Sentence Summary: A man who rigs guns to kill their owners.

Kovath
February 27th, 2012, 01:23 PM
I'm not quite sure about adding more roles like jailor where people can troll and execute townies

I can see it now: "Failboteur!"

Seriously though: I don't think that the town needs more killing roles.

And it's not that useful for forum mafia either where there are the smiths, thiefs, etc.

Seems interesting though, just needs some refining.

Rocshi
February 27th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Well, this was originally a mafia role to avoid that, but then I realized it gave Mafia an incredibly easy 2 KPN.

I chose to make this an FM role and have actual intelligent people (as in the people that play FM rather than terrible pubbies) play the role, as they will make more intelligent choices.

Mopin
February 27th, 2012, 03:19 PM
The idea of this looks alright though its just not necessary. What it can do is rather limited as it only effects 3 roles, meaning that most of the time the saboteur would be doing nothing.

Like with what Kovath said, there are much more interesting and versatile roles that could be used in its place.