PDA

View Full Version : The Vote for M-FMVII

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 06:37 AM
So M-FM is back, FMX is going well and in full swing, it's time for a host to begin their long preparations for M-FMVII.

Since there was a delay and setups began to pile up it's time for the ultimate melee. Battle Royale. THE FIGHT THAT WILL END ALL FIGHTS!

Uh, a poll.

This is simple really. Everyone gets multiple votes (originally it was just one, but certain circumstances make this more viable). The setup with the most votes gets hosting privileges, regardless of previous chances to host. If the host of the setup chosen wishes to defer (because of current time commitments, etc.) then the setup with the second most votes will get hosted. If there is a tie for first place, a timestamped random.org will decide it.

So, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, here are your contestants!

--------------------------------------------------

#1 - Eureka Seven with your host Deathfire123

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/4663-Eureka-Seven-M-FM

Summary:

A mafia re-imagining of the anime 'Eureka Seven', this setup involves Lovers and heavy use of RP names. There are no hidden neutrals to contend with, but a Serial Killer on the loose and a four-strong Mafia team. A special shoutout to Dominic, the neutral Information Officer.

#2 - The Hunger Games with your host Rocshi

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/4886-M-FM-The-Hunger-Games

Summary:

This is a setup based on the book series 'The Hunger Games'. There is little in the way of custom roles, though a Cult Leader has taken up residence! Special mention: the Cult can currently win with the Town after they have killed all of the Capitol, if that concerns you speak to Rocshi before casting your vote.

#3 - The Frozen Wastes with your host Kromos

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/4887-The-Frozen-Wastes-M-FM

Summary:

Also a fairly standard setup, Kromos has taken advantage of the Role List compendium to flesh out the possible roles list. The special mention goes to the Mafia teams; if hosted, this will mark the first M-FM to have multiple Mafia teams.

#4 - A Deadly Game with your host McPwnage

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/5143-MFM-A-Deadly-Game

Summary:

With it's typical balance of hidden roles, will there be a Soul Thief hiding around the corner or a Cult Leader? The players have been captured and forced into a computer simulation in which they must deceive to survive! A special mention goes to the levelling up system - a toned down version of the one used by Yayap in FMX, the late game will be full of mystery.

#5 - Utterly Clueless with your host Goremancer

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/5332-M-FM-Utterly-Clueless

Summary:

This setup may seem simple, but it should tempt the liar in you. With no hidden roles, but no investigators or sheriffs, this game is full of people toting guns and no one to stop them! Will the Detectives bring peace to the town, or will the town members fight fire with fire and turn this into an all out brawl? Special mention goes to the Truth Seekers, whose fragile alliance will make everyone think twice before role-claiming.

----

Since Fragos only seemed interested in hosting from M-FMVIII onwards, I've excluded his setup, which he apparently tried to start on another site anyway so it wasn't necessary to put it in here.

----

Well everyone, that's your list of contestants! Feel free to ask your potential hosts anything about their setups before you cast your votes. Some hosts may go back and spruce up their original thread, so don't feel rushed into voting before the hosts have a chance to fully improve their setup - I didn't give them any notice about this poll!

Kromos
February 25th, 2012, 12:17 PM
I'll say some stuff about my M-FM.

I've thought hard about what roles to use to make the game as balanced as possible, which was my priority above any theme or desire to put roles that I like / wanted to try out in. There will be 2 mafia teams which can lead to balancing issues but I think having 2 neutrals gives a mafia team a real chance of winning. There are 12 town vs 3 mafia vs 3 mafia vs 2 non-killing neutrals but a lot of the balance will come down to the roles. I think that 2 mafia teams would be really cool to have in an M-FM as I've yet to play with them in a big FM that hasn't been broken. It also gives more people a chance to be mafia and have a night chat.

There could be a new role called the Sleuth / Dirty Sleuth which will make last wills a big part of the gameplay and is another way to lie, communicate or wifom. A sleuth can read the current last will of a player which will lead to a lot of new gameplay possibilities which can be read about here (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/4435-ROLE-SUGGESTION-Sleuth-Dirty-Sleuth). There are a lot of other cool non-standard roles as well.

Mafia chats will be on separate forums so there is no guessing the other team for meta reasons. Days will be 48 hours long to give people longer to discuss and so people of all time zones have a good time to speak. The theme is original and is set in a post-apocalyptic future that is similar to the dark ages but there are some that still cling on the old ways and technology.

Rocshi
February 25th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Setup is fixed, cult can no longer win with town.

Derpdy derp.

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I voted for everyone's :3 is that unhelpful?

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 05:08 PM
I voted for everyone's :3 is that unhelpful?

No, just a lie, it's a public poll xD

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 05:15 PM
DAMMIT. I was trying to practice my bad pokerface :/ why you foil my plans?

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 05:19 PM
My vote went to "The Frozen Wastes"

I have never really played a FM game with two mafia teams before (besides FMVIII, but the merge event had too much impact) and I'd like to try it out. Kromos is also a very active community member and I think he'll make a capable MFM host who is ready to give it a shot.

Luna
February 28th, 2012, 07:19 AM
This poll will be closed in a few days time, to give the host of M-FMVII a chance to prepare.

Luna
March 1st, 2012, 03:11 PM
It has been decided.

M-FMVII will be hosted by Kromos.

This thread has now been closed.

Another poll will determine future M-FM hosts. May I recommend that potential hosts take this time to improve, refine or redo their setups before re-submitting them. Congratulations to Kromos!