PDA

View Full Version : Hard cap increase

Auckmid
June 12th, 2011, 10:49 AM
The hard cap for SC2 games has been recently increased to 15. I'm not sure how hard it would be, but alot of people would be happy if u could have 1 extra player.

Dark.Revenant
June 12th, 2011, 11:02 AM
It's certainly doable once my break is over. How recent was this, though? Not long ago I tried and it didn't work.

styx0202
June 12th, 2011, 12:06 PM
at first i was "wtf is hard cap" read further, got it
anyway, i don't think adding 1 player will change anything, i swear 95% of games i play 1-2 players get dropped as soon as map load up and game starts, i was dropped several times too, just plain "You were dropped" thing, i know it's not your map fault, it's the bnet, it can't handle so many players in one game...

Ps. also Dark, i never really bothered to ask you, but why does it takes so long (about 10 sec) for SC2 to load results after game is completed, you know the graphs, income etc.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/sc2load.jpg/
it only happens with Mafia, i got used by now, just thought i would ask.

Dark.Revenant
June 12th, 2011, 12:48 PM
It has to go through 14 players instead of 6 or so.

Mysterymeat
June 12th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I agree cause a lot of ppl leave during or before the ga,e and this would make it not impact the game as much. Almost every game 1 person leave at beginning so like this we could at least still have 14 ppl.

styx0202
June 12th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I agree cause a lot of ppl leave during or before the ga,e and this would make it not impact the game as much. Almost every game 1 person leave at beginning so like this we could at least still have 14 ppl.

are you talking about people who are being dropped...? only blizzard can do something about it, but they won't cause they are lazy A-holes.

and to anyone who will quote me to defend blizzard : i spent 55 euros on this game, i expect it to work, not get constant desync and you were dropped crap.

Lysergic
June 12th, 2011, 05:00 PM

The one that kills me is when I host an in-house game, wait in channel to get 14 people, click "start", and IMMEDIATELY get dropped from MY OWN game. Epicblizzardfail. Dx

are you talking about people who are being dropped...? only blizzard can do something about it, but they won't cause they are lazy A-holes.

and to anyone who will quote me to defend blizzard : i spent 55 euros on this game, i expect it to work, not get constant desync and you were dropped crap.

Auckmid
June 12th, 2011, 07:02 PM
at first i was "wtf is hard cap" read further, got it
anyway, i don't think adding 1 player will change anything, i swear 95% of games i play 1-2 players get dropped as soon as map load up and game starts, i was dropped several times too, just plain "You were dropped" thing, i know it's not your map fault, it's the bnet, it can't handle so many players in one game...

Ps. also Dark, i never really bothered to ask you, but why does it takes so long (about 10 sec) for SC2 to load results after game is completed, you know the graphs, income etc.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/sc2load.jpg/
it only happens with Mafia, i got used by now, just thought i would ask.

I dont deny people often get dropped at the start of games. However, I still think people would appreciate the extra player, and I dont see any problem with increasing the player cap

Zack
June 13th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Can't hurt to have that extra player, even if people do get dropped.

Wish Blizzard would fix b.net's bugs... But since they won't get extra money just for doing it they're taking their sweet time. Maybe one day.

styx0202
June 13th, 2011, 05:37 AM
i would personally trade current bnet online system for what it was in BW..

Zack
June 13th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Heh, there is an advantage to that... But that wasn't perfect either, and people eventually fixed the remaining issues on their own by using bots, which is not possible on SC2.

I just don't get why, with a whole new system, they neglected to add an automatic countdown-abort system when someone disconnects from the lobby. Why the hell not have this Blizzard? Sigh, complete idiocy.

Dark.Revenant
June 13th, 2011, 02:04 PM
FYI there is not a cap of 15; it is still 14. It is impossible to upload a map that allows for 15 player slots.

Zack
June 14th, 2011, 02:52 AM
So... What does that mean?

The cake is a lie?

Or Blizzard simply failed to take custom maps into account on this..?

styx0202
June 14th, 2011, 03:41 AM
Obviously Blizzard f-sucks, they made this s-system without thinking of custom maps
if you're a ladder player all you have to do is pick 1v1,2v2,3v3,ffa and do one mouse click, it will automatically find and connect you to game...
And now they won't do shit because they already spend hundreds thousands of dollars on creating this horrible POS.
Seriously, you know hackers have been hacking, Sony,Ninendo,Codemasters, just day ago tried to hack Bethesda, well someone gotta tell them to hit blizzard, and hit the hard,

Blizz are :

still charging 15$ monthly for wow
still no LAN in SC2
selling SC2 as 3 separate games
owned by Activision
charging for blizzcon and charging ALLOT
charging 25$ for a F-horse
console interface in a PC game (sc2)

That is all.

Dark.Revenant
June 14th, 2011, 03:54 AM
The hackers probably don't care about who they hack. They even hit Epic Games, ffs.

monster
June 14th, 2011, 03:59 AM

Replace Gearscore now with TRH! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCjuFpQ3EeA#ws)

TRH

CyanBlade
June 16th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Blizz are :
still no LAN in SC2
owned by Activision

The only problem in this list is the no lan, if you think anything else on this list is bad, you are stupid.
How the hell do you think they make money!? you expect them to give their stuff away?
They're selling sc2 as 3 different games because it's 3 different games...
also do you have any idea how much blizcon costs to host? I'll tell you, it's several million dollors. I'm not even sure if blizcon is not non-profit!
WoW costs subscriptions fees because it costs that much to make! they have over a thousand servers! How the hell do you think they can afford that if they didn't have a sub fee?
and a console interface for sc2? are you high? name one console witch would have an interface like that? znd if it is a console interface, why is that a problem.
I honestly didn't know blizzard was owned, but that doesn't matter. and i have no idea what an f-hourse is.
Tell me, HOW would blizzard stop droping and desync? If you don't know if it's even posible, then why the hell are you complaining. If It's so simple, go to blizzard HQ and do it yourself.

To sumerise your post, you just asked the government to end all taxes. Also, this is the age of the internet, who uses lan?

Lysergic
June 16th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Also, this is the age of the internet, who uses lan?

I remember using it a few years before SC2 came out to play SC1 with my friends. LAN capability would be really nice, actually.

Rumpel1408
June 16th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Blizz are :
still no LAN in SC2
owned by Activision

The only problem in this list is the no lan, if you think anything else on this list is bad, you are stupid.
How the hell do you think they make money!? you expect them to give their stuff away?
They're selling sc2 as 3 different games because it's 3 different games...
also do you have any idea how much blizcon costs to host? I'll tell you, it's several million dollors. I'm not even sure if blizcon is not non-profit!
WoW costs subscriptions fees because it costs that much to make! they have over a thousand servers! How the hell do you think they can afford that if they didn't have a sub fee?
and a console interface for sc2? are you high? name one console witch would have an interface like that? znd if it is a console interface, why is that a problem.
I honestly didn't know blizzard was owned, but that doesn't matter. and i have no idea what an f-hourse is.
Tell me, HOW would blizzard stop droping and desync? If you don't know if it's even posible, then why the hell are you complaining. If It's so simple, go to blizzard HQ and do it yourself.

To sumerise your post, you just asked the government to end all taxes. Also, this is the age of the internet, who uses lan?

You know you pay twice for wow? 15$ a month end endless lifetime :p
no realy paying belongs to the game, just imagin how overun it would be if free and then how to cara for so many servers, blizz is not stupid

Lan is somethin i also miss, there are many areas in EU, and in NA i think as well, without highspeed internet. not to forget the expirience playing with ur friends right next to you...

As i know so far SC2 appears in USA and EU as Wings of Liberty and two Expansions, source:Interview with Senior Designer Jonny Ebbert (http://starcraft2.ingame.de/content.php?c=109767&s=1104)
[qoute]Bob Colayco: Yes. It is hard to give a straight answer because you will propably know that different regions have different business models. Like Korea has internet cafés, so box [model] is meaningless to them. For the sake of most of the people who are reading this, like US and Europe, there is a box model. So, yes, it will be required to have Wings of Liberty and this will be a traditional expansion.[/quote]

And imo Blizz had no need to be eaten by Activision, this means they wanted partner witch Activision to have some experienced staff for future projects...

but i do agree with the console interface, doesnt mean theres any game out there with this interface but its pretty much console like, proof: you cant exit SC2 using ur keybord only(exept alt-f4)

Yayap
June 17th, 2011, 07:57 AM
I'm kinda happy with the current hard cap. Not everyone has good internet and more players tend to lag more... I get more people lagging in mafia game than any other game. Even though I have a decent connection speed, the other players lagging and letting dead people talk to the rest is annoying.