PDA

View Full Version : Cheat- Please adress a solution please

infestedlawyer
April 17th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I have the replay if it helps, havent seen it before so I have learned my lesson about even when dead you cant have an honest discourse about who you think is what.

A dead player alt-tabbed causing the lag screen to pop and several dead players called out the mafia members

Silkyblack (that is his SC name, in game was take the canoli) got the other people to alt tab as he told everybody who the remaining mafia members were.

Faceless
April 17th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I'm pretty sure there's nothing DR can do about that since the lag box that pops up is a baseline feature in SC2. I don't think he can remove it or fix the issue in any way. The most he could do is mess with the colors so that the game represented colors are not the same as actual player colors, but even that wouldn't be much of a fix.

It's just one of those things that we're gonna have to deal with, like ventrilo and skype.

infestedlawyer
April 17th, 2011, 12:08 PM
yeah I figured it would be hopless, perhaps we can start a lynch on sight list?

If they get blackballed enough maybe we can discourage the more obvious cheaters

Trenix
April 17th, 2011, 12:24 PM
If Silkyblack was part of the mafia, then he just made himself lose like an idiot. Just because you're dead, does not mean the games over. You win if your alignment survives, whether you're dead or alive.

Omgproberush
April 17th, 2011, 12:28 PM
There's no way to mod the lag chat box out. Nor is there some way he can ban him or something. It sucks but that's just how it is.

oops_ur_dead
April 17th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Rev told me that you can't change the lag window at all.

McJesus
April 17th, 2011, 11:43 PM
This happened one time. That does not mean it is a problem. Besides if I was mafia I would lie about that kind of thign.

Eldrazor
April 18th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Seems like an excellent time to lie as dead mafioso.

kardsen
April 18th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I've had 2 mafia members get killed and rat me out as the God Father in the lag window.

They would pretend to be me and act like it was an accident..
Something like (hey my name in game is **** in the god father, lets kill bla bla tonight)
next line ( OOpps Jk guys)

Eldrazor
April 18th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Use it to your advantage.