PDA

View Full Version : FM VI?

Socretin
February 18th, 2012, 04:39 PM
So I just joined today and I was wondering why everyone keeps referring the FM 6 (or maybe it was 7 idk?) as the worst one and that it was terrible. I don't really feel too keen on reading through hundreds of pages of that game to find out why but I am curious to know what was so horrible about it

Rocshi
February 18th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Ask Auckmid, he knows.

wolfcheese
February 18th, 2012, 07:38 PM
I just commented on this elsewhere, so I'll just copypasta my remarks below. Note this only covers some of the bases:

Nutshell version coming up: The teams in the game are a mafia faction (Sin), cult/mason faction (Eternity), and an awkward third faction (Romans). Basically the awkward third faction can win with the mafia OR with the cult, but the team never does a pre-game huddle about who to side with. So one guy in the team tries to switch from siding w/ cults to mafia (instead of killing the GF like the town thought he would), his teammates freak out, he tries to switch back but everything is fucked over at that point.

The moral: If you have a plan concerning your team's alignment to other teams, fucking talk to your teammates about it first.

Not to mention that, outside of the cult/masons, the "town" is actually a bunch of neutrals that don't have to kill the mafia as long as they survive, adding more awkwardness to the mix.