PDA

View Full Version : [Role Suggestion] Succubus / Detainer

Kromos
February 14th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Role Name: Torturer / Detainer

Alignment: Evil Neutral / Benign Neutral

Win Condition: See the town dead. Must survive / See the mafia and all evil neutrals dead. Must survive.

Game Size(s): FM / M-FM / S-FM

Abilities: MUST role block and investigate someone each night (1 target, 2 actions)

The Detainer is one of the town's most powerful allies as he can both role block and investigate. However he loses if he dies so will have to think really hard about revealing himself to give town information as he could easily be killed soon after. His reveal will probably be a game changing moment because he could reveal several mafia roles that he has been hiding up until now and then proceed to role block them or hunt for more mafia. His role block could unintentionally harm town as he must do it every night.

The Torturer is his evil equivalent. He is a very powerful neutral evil role that can help the mafia find important town roles and can block them as well. He has the same problem as the detainer however as if he reveals to inform the mafia who the town roles are he will be soon lynched or shot because of how powerful he is, which would lose him the game. Having to role block every night makes her more likely to be seen by detectives and lookouts as she cannot choose to skip her action. He will also be found by a lookout if he keeps blocking one person that he knows is a powerful town role.

Because he will be lynched as soon as he is revealed he will have to hint more subtly to the mafia who the important power roles are. He could also keep blocking someone that he knows to be a PR without the mafia's help.

One Sentence Summary: A powerful neutral role that has to weigh up the benefits of revealing to help his alignment and the risk of him dying and losing the game.

CmG
February 14th, 2012, 03:49 AM
wrong name Succubuss makes no sense. Call it Female russian spy. Makes more sense like a female soul sucking sex demon from hell.

Kromos
February 14th, 2012, 03:53 AM
wrong name Succubuss makes no sense. Call it Female russian spy. Makes more sense like a female soul sucking sex demon from hell.

The succubus has sex with someone and tricks / manipulates them into revealing their role. It makes sense but I guess it doesn't fit with the detainer.

CmG
February 14th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Call it Goonswarn now it fits.

CASE CLOSED!

Kromos
February 14th, 2012, 04:49 AM
I'm open to name suggestions but I don't want another role called Spy or Goonswarm. Succubus fits with the sex theme but that doesn't really matter. The role used to be called Pig Cop when he was a pig who dressed up like a woman to have sex with people in order to investigate crime.

Ubernox
February 14th, 2012, 06:24 AM
It's pretty good, though the evil version is a bit underpowered. Once you claim, there's almost nothing to stop you from getting lynched. And even if the scum already have the majority by then, that means that your information is useless. The mafia would usually be able to figure out almost everyone's role anyway.

Also, succubus isn't the right name, methinks.

Kromos
February 14th, 2012, 06:28 AM
It's pretty good, though the evil version is a bit underpowered. Once you claim, there's almost nothing to stop you from getting lynched. And even if the scum already have the majority by then, that means that your information is useless. The mafia would usually be able to figure out almost everyone's role anyway.

Also, succubus isn't the right name, methinks.

How about Torturer? It fits with the detainer and makes sense for a blocking + investigating role.

The evil version doesn't need to reveal to help the mafia as she can block town PRs which she finds my investigating them.

Ubernox
February 14th, 2012, 05:56 PM
That name is much better. I guess the main power of the Torturer is his ability to roleblock, while the main power of the detainer is his ability to investigate.

amberkilloran
February 15th, 2012, 10:25 AM
I like Succubus more... <.<; Personal taste, I guess. Interesting idea, though.

CmG
February 16th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Succubus would be like. Evil neutral advanced.

Choose target at night. Roleblock it and drain it's soul.

Soul drained persons lose their night actions.

If the succubus gets lynched people get their souls back. If she gets nightkilled or jailkilled the
soul drained people die with her.

wins with mafia, cult and your mother

CmG
February 16th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Don't get me wrong i like your ideas. this is just you know. My imagination. Keep it up giev us more rolez plz

Kromos
February 16th, 2012, 04:24 AM
I've changed the name to Torturer. Your Succubus idea sounds cool so make a thread about it to break up the chain of my role suggestions.

I've still got 2 more ideas to post tomorrow and on Saturday. Chairman is the coolest out of the 5 imo.

CmG
February 16th, 2012, 04:35 AM
hmm yeah why not but you know creating roles needs a lot of thought to balance it out if you wanna use them in regular games. Well, it shouldn't be that hard in regular S-FM's or M-FM's though.