PDA

View Full Version : When do we get to play MFM again?

McJesus
February 13th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Also how are we going to determine who hosts with everyone wanting to setup their own mfm? Borkbot has dibs on mfmvi but after that things are up in the air. Maybe we should do a poll or something.

Nick
February 13th, 2012, 09:12 AM
1) Currently I can only foresee one M-FM at a time. Only enough M-FM diehards for one good game.
2) Maximum two if we include the not so active players. May reduce the quality of M-FM due to lurking and AFKing.
3) Maybe more if FM diehards join in. But quite unlikely due to the short downtime between FMs.
4) I omitted new players because I feel that current M-FM setups are too advanced for them. I think they should start with S-FM first.
5) I recall Luna saying that hosts are determined by the moderators. But currently most moderators don't even play M-FM unlike FM. I prefer a poll among the pool of M-FM players instead.
6) Too many good setups now in M-FM. Not enough players and time...

CmG
February 13th, 2012, 09:38 AM
hopefully soon.

Luna
February 13th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Once the next game started the next round of approvals would go out. There would then be a public poll to determine which setup would go ahead.

Kromos
February 13th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I think we have mine, Rocshi, McPwnage, Fragos and Deathfire's M-FMs all waiting in approval. I think a poll would be the fairest thing to do so people get to play what they are interested in.

I don't see there being two successful M-FMs going on at once any time in the near future. We can't even have one game without 2-3 or more people lurking.

Nick
February 13th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I think we have mine, Rocshi, McPwnage, Fragos and Deathfire's M-FMs all waiting in approval. I think a poll would be the fairest thing to do so people get to play what they are interested in.

Don't forget FalseTruth's. Though I won't worry too much about his. In fact it is good news. Maybe FM players will also join in?

Current contenders:
Kromos: http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/4887-The-Frozen-Wastes-M-FM
Roschi: http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/4886-M-FM-The-Hunger-Games
Fragos: http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/4806-Humans-vs-Dragon-Mini-FM
Deathfire123: http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/4663-Eureka-Seven-M-FM
McPwnage (yet to be in Setup Approval): http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/4882-McPwnage-s-next-MFM-setup

Previous hosts:
M-FMI: Luna
M-FMII: Fragos (where is it in Archived Games?)
M-FMIII: Luna
M-FMIV: Deathfire123
M-FMV: McPwnage
M-FMVI: Borkbot

Rocshi
February 13th, 2012, 10:27 AM
I have a feeling FM players will join False's, cause that's pretty complicated. It's already in the signups forum though, so maybe it was pre-approved?

Fragos has been planning his since M-FMII, so maybe he should, but on the other hand, me and Kromos have never hosted...(while we DID host S-FMs)

Idunno.

Nick
February 13th, 2012, 10:39 AM
1) Currently I can only foresee one M-FM at a time. Only enough M-FM diehards for one good game.
2) Maximum two if we include the not so active players. May reduce the quality of M-FM due to lurking and AFKing.
3) Maybe more if FM diehards join in. But quite unlikely due to the short downtime between FMs.
4) I omitted new players because I feel that current M-FM setups are too advanced for them. I think they should start with S-FM first.
5) I recall Luna saying that setup approvals are determined by the moderators. But currently most moderators don't even play M-FM unlike FM. I prefer a poll among the pool of M-FM players instead.
6) Too many good setups now in M-FM. Not enough players and time...

Correction to avoid misinformation:
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/4212-Currently-Available-Games
It's setup approval. Not hosts.

I have a feeling FM players will join False's, cause that's pretty complicated. It's already in the signups forum though, so maybe it was pre-approved?

Fragos has been planning his since M-FMII, so maybe he should, but on the other hand, me and Kromos have never hosted...(while we DID host S-FMs)

Idunno.

Maybe we should consider:
1) Taking turns
2) Setup quality
3) Host quality

Any other criteria?

BorkBot
February 13th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Those look fine to me, but the last 2 criteria are of course subjective. And the quality of the setup actually depends on the quality of the host to a certain degree (something might look great on paper, but if certain possibilities are overlooked that break the balance of the game and the rules need to be adjusted for it, that's a fault of the host)

McJesus
February 13th, 2012, 03:29 PM
I feel like I could handle a main forum mafia and a mfm at the same time, I don't know about everyone else. We will have to get the vets and see. I agree the best way to decide who gets to host next is to vote on it, that way the setup people like the best gets chosen.

Ubernox
February 13th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Very much waiting for the next S/M FM, as I enjoy them so much more than actual FM.

McJesus
February 20th, 2012, 01:00 AM
If borbot is going to be lame and not start his we should give someone else a chance to do their mfm

Nick
February 20th, 2012, 01:33 AM
This is true. I figured a 48 hour window would be enough to get a response from most and then I'd fill the remaining slots with reserves.

If I had started day 1 now, as I had originally planned, I would still have to look for 7 more playersto fill it up. Clearly, the FM is still too time consuming for some to play an MFM on the side. So I'd rather wait a bit longer to have a good game with attentive participants than having to risk playing with 18-and-a-half players or something.

What's the current status?

Now way we are going to wait 72 more hours. Approve my setup NOW! It would be better playing Mini-FM than wasting 3 days just to wait for the next FMX day.

It's simple: In the 24 hours we start the Mini-FM signups;
In the next 24 hours we start Day 1 thread.
Then Day 5 of FMX comes out at the same time as Night 1 of the Mini-FM. We should coordinate FMX and Mini-FMs so that when the day of one game ends, the day of another game begins. Do you agree?

Or better yet, you should start BorkBot's Mini-Fm already.

Something needs to start.

EDIT: Currently for FM X: 15 dead - 9 modkilled = 6 free players. Might be the reason why M-FM cannot start yet.

Luna
February 20th, 2012, 04:45 AM
The original plan was to do the vote as soon as Bork began his game (whilst I've already approved more S-FMs, they're small and don't take nearly as much time). Bork is at liberty to begin his game whenever he wants, but he is reliant on everyone who signed up to actually contact him back.

With the fairly unknown predicament of FMX at the moment I don't know whether it will last two days or two weeks. Whilst Bork still currently has priority on M-FMVI, we'll commence our vote extremely shortly. As far as we know there'll be a two week rest period between FMs, so for that time period I'll be able to approve multiple games.

I therefore suggest that anyone who wants to host a game either looks back on their setup and continue improving it, or submits a S-FM/M-FM for approval. Whilst I'm sure a couple of people will want to spread themselves across multiple games I think there'll be enough interest to run multiple setups.

I just want y'all to be happy and get a chance to play some games, when I get a spare moment we can kickstart the process