PDA

View Full Version : Theme Brainstorm

Zack
February 9th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Just several ideas i've had, aside from Requiem for the Phantom. Less mutated mafia themes, but still pretty crazy... heh

Persona 4

The setup is a game of Cult versus Town with a mix of an insane neutral role that has a huge impact.
Masons play a really big part in this setup.

The neutral role is called "False Messiah". Each night he kidnaps a player and throws him or her into a parallel world inside the TV.

Weather will be in effect this game: on a rainy day/night cycle there will be no lynch and everyone will be roleblocked at night. The masons will travel into the TV world that night.

In the TV world the masons have a choice: they can only rescue one person. Needless to say everyone in there will be giving reasons why they should be the ones to be rescued. Sometimes there will be hints in the TV world RP about which roles are present inside (certain key roles that the masons will want to rescue ahead of others).

The day following the rain the fog will set in and anyone that wasn't rescued will die.

There is only one kill at night (aside from masons killing cult): The Sociopath. And he too will stop killing eventually because he has a specific town target to kill in order to achieve victory. He can be culted but his victory condition remains the same regardless.

Valkyrie Profile

Yes i've mentioned this theme before but I thought of some changes.

This theme is a multi-sided war between Town (Odin and Freya), Mafia (Brahms the lord of dead), Cult (Loki the traitor), an unconvertable Arsonist (Surt) and an unconvertable Serial Killer (Lezard Valeth).

This story does have a heroine: Lenneth. Her goal in this game is to see Town, Cult and the Serial Killer defeated. She can win with the Mafia or the Arsonist.

Her role is Sealed Valkyrie, a neutral role. Her ability is to collect the souls of dead warriors from the graveyard and summon them in spirit form to use their own abilities. She can have up to 3 souls at a time. To collect a new one she would have to release one first. I am contemplating whenever to actually grant her night chat with the dead people (who will be excluded from normal dead chat) or to just let her use their abilities without bringing back dead players.

If Lenneth is killed or lynched while Lezard (the serial killer) still lives then he has the power to resurrect her by using the blood of his next victim. Why would he do that? Because the serial killer's victory condition is to be the last living person along with Lenneth. Yes she won't win if that happens... So she is still against him despite him needing her to live.

Another Valkyrie exists in this game in the form of Lenneth's younger sister: Silmeria. Silmeria's soul is sealed inside Alicia, a young princess from the kingdom of Dipan. On her own she has no power at first. Whoever targets her first at night will gain her alliance or just her power, depending on the attacker (or recruiter). The serial killer will kill her and become a serial disguiser who pierces all immunities. The arsonist will also kill her and take her power, gaining the ability to douse 3 players the following night and 2 players each night thereafter. If attacked by the mafia she will join them and have the same power as Lenneth! Likewise if she is recruited by the cult.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

This setup has twists of its own, heh

For one the town's Mayor is SCUM! Oh yes, he has his own faction and yet still has the extra votes of a mayor. He is revealed from the start of the game but is completely immune to killing or lynching until "The Ascension" begins, at which point he will have an immunity piercing disguise kill. Yes he will lose those extra votes when that happens.

Next we have the "Godmother" of the "mafia". Now this one is a real Goddess, an evil one called Glorificus (or Glory for short). Every 3 nights she will mentally drain a target and turn him into a jester instead of killing him.

So where is Buffy? She is naturally a Slayer (Vigilante with unlimited "shots"). However, if she kills a town player she will be self-roleblocked from grief for two nights.

There is Buffy's rival, a Dark Slayer who is sided with the evil mayor. She doesn't care who she kills.

Then there is a town aligned Witch. Her allegiance is tied to another town role staying alive, the Enchantress. If the enchantress is ever killed by anyone... The witch will then become a Black Witch with the goal of killing everyone in the game. Anyone she controls will die after being used by her. Yes she will become a serial killing witch! Note that as long as the witch is town-aligned she can control the Jesters that the Godmother creates and revert them back into their original roles - but she will not do this anymore if she turns evil!

What, you thought thats it? There's more!

Adam the evil Cyborg Assembler. He will collect corpses from the graveyard to assemble new allies who are made from the "best parts" of humans, demons and machines.

We also have some vampires in the game, duh.

Drusilla and Darla are two powerfull vampires on a bloody rampage, killing and feeding without relent.

Angel is is a vampire with a soul who is on Buffy's side!

The evil Mayor has a vampire subordinate.

Spike is also a town-sided vampire, against his will but nevertheless.

Then we have the First Evil, a Ghost of vile nature that currently shares residence with a corrupted preacher called Caleb. Upon his death the First Evil will start possessing and corrupting people, some even permenantly: Namely Angel and Spike. If these lovely vampires are possessed... Angel will turn into Angelus and join together with Drusilla and Darla in their madness. Spike would become insane and start siring citizens into new vampire minions.

Did we forget someone? Oh yes, there's also a werewolf. During the day he is town-aligned and will want to help the town. At night he turns into a werewolf and randomly kills a player (he has no control over his target). He has the choice to self-jail himself, preventing the kill from happening. However, the first person to visit him at night while he jailed himself will die! If the game ends with a lynch at day he will win with town (or lose if town lost). If the game ends at night with a kill then he will win with any scum faction (or lose if town won).

Now now, no panic. Not all of these scum will be in the game at once. That would be too much! It will be randomized ;)

--------------

Comments? Ideas?

There is much more info on each of these setups of course, i'm just giving examples here. Which of these themes would you like to see used in FM?

Luna
February 9th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Some pretty rad themes there Zacky boy, I don't know what you were smoking when you adapted Persona 4 into a FM but I want some!

For what it's worth I just re-watched Battle Royale and I don't know why we haven't had a Battle Royale FM yet. Everyone opens up their weapon sack to find a role. I guess Citizen will be the guy who gets the dustpan and brush...

Dust
February 9th, 2012, 06:12 PM
One of the themes I'm thinking of is Pink Floyd's "The Wall" album. Pink, the main character, is a neutral killer who has built his wall from society and tries to kill some group that he is hateful towards. The town is a court of sorts with the mayor being "The worm, Your Honor". I have the setup ready to go, I'm just waiting for FMX to end. :D

Kevinpowers
February 9th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Buffy I would be all for in a second.

I really want to do a wrestling theme FM. Wrestling isn't always the most popular thing in the world, but this could be the first FM were Day and Night Rps are not written. WWE 12' as a scene creator mode. Can easily make everyone a wrestler or given them a wrestling persona and act out the scenes. A WCW taking over WWE storyline. WCW takes out WWE wrestlers and put them in the hospital, trying to take over the show. But no one know who is part of this WCW faction. Just an idea I'm tossing around.

Nick
February 10th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Seemed like event centered mafia game with special victory conditions. Will certainly make a great playing experience.