PDA

View Full Version : [Role Suggestion] Acolyte

Kromos
February 8th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Role Name: Acolyte

Alignment: Evil Neutral

Win Condition: Be converted into the cult. Win with the cult.

Game Size(s): FM / M-FM

Abilities: He has no night actions until he joins the cult. Once he has joined the cult he can be sent out to kill. If the cult leader is killed before the acolyte is converted, the acolyte will turn into a jester.

He will want to be converted as soon as possible so that he can give the cult a KPN and increases their chance of winning. To do this he will need to either make the cult think he is the acolyte or that he is an important power role that the cult would want to convert.

This role is meant to give the cult a night kill and to provide a role that is interesting to play as it is his job to actively try to get culted while remaining unsuspicious.

It keeps the cult in the game after their cult leader is dead because they can still night kill if the acolyte is alive.

Dust
February 8th, 2012, 04:41 PM
I LOVE IT

Luna
February 8th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Extremely simple yet cool role, like it

Goremancer
February 10th, 2012, 01:02 PM
^ I also like it. Because often cult is underpowered when it reached the maximum cult member on the SC2 mafia. It could be added to the sc2 mafia once HOTS comes out. Hopefully. I pray that it does.

BorkBot
February 10th, 2012, 01:11 PM
It's more for FM than SC2Mafia. Would lead to too much rage quitting in SC2mafia...

Cult dead n1? kthxbye

Luna
February 10th, 2012, 01:18 PM
That's a good point, it would need some secondary win condition if the Cult Leader dies. I don't like people being penalised for stuff completely out of their control, if the Cult Leader gets shot night 1 or is a complete muggins and gets himself lynched the Acolyte has nothing to fall back on. Simply turning into a Survivor with the death of the Cult Leader should help.

BorkBot
February 10th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Or he could start a cult of his own by replacing the cult leader if he wasn't recruited.

The Cult Leader is dead... Long live the Cult Leader!

Luna
February 10th, 2012, 01:23 PM
I get very disappointed if I'm in a game of mafia (sc2mafia, forum mafia or otherwise) and the cult hasn't come up with something to worship.

I think we should bring over the Cthulhu role from epicmafia :P

BorkBot
February 10th, 2012, 01:25 PM
They should worship the GM :>

Ubernox
February 12th, 2012, 08:19 AM
What is this Cthulhu role of which you speak?

Kromos
February 12th, 2012, 10:04 AM
I'll think about a secondary win condition for when the cult leader dies. Maybe I'll make him a survivor but I'll see if I can come up with something a bit more interesting as long as it's balanced.

CmG
February 12th, 2012, 10:12 AM
jester! Mafia is immune to him "OR" Town, Host flips a coin. he kills 1/4 of all guilty Voters. ITS BALANCED!

Kromos
February 12th, 2012, 10:26 AM
jester! Mafia is immune to him "OR" Town, Host flips a coin. he kills 1/4 of all guilty Voters. ITS BALANCED!

I'll do that. He'll already be looking scummy so jester shouldn't be a hard transition. It also keeps him as a threat to town.

Luna
February 12th, 2012, 04:10 PM
What is this Cthulhu role of which you speak?

First of all I hope you know who Cthulhu is xD

Okay the Cthulhu role is basically this;

Anyone that visits the Cthulhu goes mad and can only speak gibberish during the day (i.e. instead of 'Hello town' it comes out as 'djfhdjkfjkvk kdfrjkfrkm'). The Madness is only cured if the player is recruited into a Cult or visited by the Shrink (the epicmafia version of the 'Enforcer' in this compendium, except town aligned). Cthulhu dies if visited by a Mason. Cthulhu only wins if the Cult wins.

Ubernox
February 12th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Of course I know who Cthulhu is! This is a very interesting role. I would love to see either Cthulhu or the Acolyte in a game of forum mafia.

McJesus
February 13th, 2012, 08:59 AM
It would be good for a setup revolved around the cult that is for sure, kind of reminds me of the witness from my mfm in a way in that if recruited he gives you serious power.