PDA

View Full Version : [Role Suggestion] Truth Seeker

Goremancer
February 6th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Not sure if someone already thought of this. I modified this from the artifact eye of sauron.

Role Name: Truth Seeker

Alignment: Benign Neutral

Game Sizes: S-FM, M-FM

Abilties: Target a player during the night. You may state who your target will visit that night. (You may state your target is visiting self or is visiting no one) If your statement is true, then your target will die. Nothing can prevent the death of the target, even if the Truth Seeker dies on the same night. Surviving to the end would reward more points.

Win Condition: Kill 4 players using this night ability. If the target dies from another cause and the Truth Seeker correctly guessed his target's would be night actions, this still counts as a kill. If the target dies from another cause and the Truth Seeker did not guess the night action correctly then the kill would be invalid.

Intended Purpose: To have a fun neutral role where you actually have to figure out who is who and what they will do instead of just killing a random dude every night.

Meta-Game Implications: Hopefully reduces mass roleclaims. So no one will be blatant about their role and what they will do. (kiranearitachi blocking me in TheWaaagh's S-FM)

Possible Cons: The mafia could try to form an alliance with the Truth Seeker, making the mafia drastically more powerful. Of course, the truth seeker could also betray the mafia for a last minute sike.

One Sentence Summary: A self righteous fanatic.

Investigative Results:
Truth Seeker/Detective

I forgot what the result is for Detective lol

Biohazard
February 6th, 2012, 09:18 PM
One Sentence Summary: An obsessed individual bent on proving himself right, at all costs.

Call him a "Self-Righteous Fanatic" if you use this sentence in the role's description.
Just my 2 cents.

Ubernox
February 8th, 2012, 09:40 AM
It's pretty good, but would be quite hard to play. Looks like a nice addition to the metagame when necessary.

Kromos
February 9th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Killing 4 people doesn't seem very benign to me :p

I like the role though because of the meta-game implications. Four kills is a good number because he will have to survive for most of the game and he won't always guess right, especially not at the start. He will have to choose between going for easy cit kills or to try kill the PRs that can find him.

creedkingsx
May 25th, 2012, 01:44 AM
necro'd for necro purposes.

GriM-DeMoN
May 25th, 2012, 02:00 AM
SORRY BUDDY BUT ITS COCK

Shaded
May 25th, 2012, 03:04 AM
necro'd for necro purposes.

Up to no good once again, I see. Tsk.

creedkingsx
May 25th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Up to no good once again, I see. Tsk.

In this case, it is for anyone who didn't see the truth Seeker role, but plans on being in FMIX

Goremancer
May 25th, 2012, 12:22 PM
AHHH NECRO'D

DA SHAME DA SHAME
HIDE QUICK HIDE!

creedkingsx
May 25th, 2012, 01:50 PM
dat reasoning