PDA

View Full Version : [Role Suggestion] Journalist/Corrupt Journalist

Luna
February 6th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Note: This wasn't my role I'm simply transcribing it from other FMs, I'm doing it because it is not a regular SC2 Mafia role.

Role Name: Journalist / Corrupt Journalist

Alignment: Town / Evil Neutral

Game Size(s): All

Abilities: Each night you may choose to interview a player. Your target can write a piece of news which will be published anonymously to the whole Town the next day. You may also publish an article along side your interview - the Host will make it clear which article came from which source.

Intended Purpose: The Town Journalist can scum-hunt people through interviews, confirm his role to a certain degree, and allow Town PRs to share their information secretly. The Corrupt Journalist can win with the Mafia, and if included in a setup undermines the reliability of the Town Journalist whilst helping the Mafia by spreading misinformation.

Meta-Game Implications: If both roles are included as possible roles in a setup, then the Town will need to decide whether or not the Journalist is reliable (as will the Mafia).

Possible Cons: I don't see many actual cons to this role at this time, but I'm just transcribing it.

One Sentence Summary: A journalist which can publish anonymous articles and interviews.

GriM-DeMoN
March 14th, 2012, 07:49 PM
This is one of my Fav roles:)

Blazer
March 19th, 2012, 07:09 AM
So that's what it does.....sounds fun!