PDA

View Full Version : M-FM- The Hunger Games

Rocshi
February 5th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Theme: The Hunger Games series (if you haven't read it yet, please do, it's really really good)

Players: 20

Roles:

President Coriolanus Snow (Godfather)
Seneca Crane(Hidden Capitol Role)
Effie Trinket(Hidden Capitol Role)

President Alma Coin (Cult Leader)

Claudius Templesmith (Corrupt Journalist)
Haymitch Abernathy (Amnesiac)

Katniss Everdeen (Vigilante)
Peeta Mellark (Bodyguard)
Gale Hawthorne(Investigator)
Emily Everdeen (Doctor)
Primrose Everdeen(Lookout)
Greasy Sae (Armorsmith)
Darius (Jailor) (from book 1 not 3 sillies)
(Hidden Rebel Power)
(Hidden Rebel Power)
(Hidden Rebel Power)
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen

Possible Capitol Roles: Consort, Blackmailer, Framer, Janitor, Actress, Grave Robber
Possible Rebel Roles: Bodyguard, Veteran, Coroner, Detective, Doctor, Investigator

Win Conditions:
Capitol: Kill President Coin and all of the Rebels.
District 13: Have majority over the Capitol or kill them (Cult gets 1 KPN when it reaches 3 members. Can not recruit capitol or Claudius. If Snow is targeted, Snow will learn Coin's name.)
Rebels: Lynch or kill the Capitol and Disrict 13.

Just putting this in now for approval to get in the queue for hosting.

Hunger Games is good. That is all.

Ash
February 5th, 2012, 10:41 AM
i still cant imagine teenagers going corrupt against the government.

Rocshi
February 5th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Well the government forces teenagers to kill eachother every year, so why not them...

Luna
February 5th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Interesting game, not many hidden roles for the Town but the Amnesiac and Corrupt Journalist are interesting revealed neutrals.

I'd consider removing the Katniss Everdeen victory condition though. What if Katniss gets randomly killed on night 1? Town can't win. I assume Katniss also can't get culted because of that condition? It just doesn't work too well.

Other than that the Cult actually provides a lot to this game, given the multiple powerful Town PR roles. Someone can 'prove' they aren't mafia... but what happens if the Cult gets to them? I like it, Town have the opportunity to reveal and prove themselves but they won't want to.

Rocshi
February 5th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Should I pull a McJesus and make her immune at night?

Katniss can't be culted. Actually, maybe that would work like the Traitor in FMX if she was :D

Rocshi
February 5th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I just added to her win condition right before, bleh.

I'm going for book accuracy here too.

Luna
February 5th, 2012, 11:03 AM
My advice would be to just scrap that part altogether, design for a good game not a game which is fully accurate to the series.

Otherwise you're going to be inventing lots of ways to ensure that Katniss is around to succeed in the objective... and what's the point of inventing all these rules to make something happen if you can just take away that particular requirement? What happens if you make your Katniss an invulnerable Vigilante who is immune to culting and can reveal herself to the Town? You then rely on Katniss actually voting to lynch the Cult Leader, which means that any time a train forms Katniss has to jump on it or it's basically game-throwing.

Luna
February 5th, 2012, 11:05 AM
And now you've added President Snow lol. Do you just want to write some Hunger Games fan fiction?

Rocshi
February 5th, 2012, 11:07 AM
That's a great idea actually.

Edited anyway.

Rocshi
February 5th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Oh, Katniss' win condition was for herself only, not the town.

Ash
February 5th, 2012, 11:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUT7q2iTbQ

Rocshi
February 5th, 2012, 11:36 AM
^Good shit right there.

Rocshi
February 5th, 2012, 12:28 PM
So, approval?

Luna
February 5th, 2012, 12:37 PM
No games are currently getting approved due to the existing games available. We'll let you know soon.

Rocshi
February 5th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Alrighty then.
So this will be after BorkBot's (and Fragos) or after FMX?

Luna
February 5th, 2012, 01:20 PM
You shall see.

Ubernox
February 8th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Notice how cult and town can easily win together.

Rocshi
February 8th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Edited Rebel win condition for the 58652468572488th time.