PDA

View Full Version : [Role Suggestion] Soul Thief

McJesus
February 5th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Role Name: Soul Thief

Alignment: Evil Neutral

Objective: Survive to the end to see the town lose (can win alone, with mafia or other evil neutrals)

Game Size(s): MFM/FM

Abilities: Steals someones soul, giving you the powers of their role and giving them the awesome abilities of a citizen. Both the soul thief and their victim's alignment remains the same. This ability may only be used once, however if you try and steal the soul of a citizen you will still be able to try and steal someone else's soul.

Intended Purpose: A fun neutral that spices things up. You could put the role in many different games and very rarely would the results play out the same.

Meta-Game Implications: So many! The most obvious is that it makes role claims much riskier until the soul thief has taken his role. Of course the soul thief himself or a member of the mafia could fakeclaim to have had their soul stolen to create an unspoken alliance with the mafia. The soul thief essentially takes one person out of the game. Becoming an evil aligned doctor or jailor could be devastating to the town while taking all of the godfather's abilities would be devastating to the mafia.

Possible Cons: Don't see any, cognitive dissonance ftw!

Additional Notes: Inspired by yapyap's thief role in forum mafia x. In the graveyard the victim of the soul stealer will still be displayed as the role they had previous to their soul being stolen.

Nick
February 5th, 2012, 06:31 AM
A much improved version of ninja. I like this role a lot. Full support!

Soul thieving a revealed mayor is a dead giveaway lol.

Kromos
February 5th, 2012, 07:30 AM
I really like this idea, I was thinking about a neutral thief myself. It seems pretty balanced to me as well.

Kromos
February 5th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Will the soul thief be able to accumulate steals like the grave robber?
Will the soul thief be able to steal and use an ability on the same night?

Dust
February 5th, 2012, 08:06 AM
What happens if the soul thief steals from the godfather? AFAIK the Godfather has no inherent ability other than controlling the mafia kill. Does the Soul thief control the mafia kill if he steals from the godfather?

Nick
February 5th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Night immunity
Immunity to detection (sheriff/investigator/lookout/detective)
Roleblock immunity

I suppose mafia kills are shared between mafia.

If GF has no ability... much like a citizen... then too bad lol.

McJesus
February 5th, 2012, 08:58 AM
It says in the description that the ability can only be used once and the thief can't steal and use their ability in the same night. As for dust's question,

Night immunity
Immunity to detection (sheriff/investigator/lookout/detective)
Roleblock immunity

I suppose mafia kills are shared between mafia.

If GF has no ability... much like a citizen... then too bad lol.

this