PDA

View Full Version : Always SK, on default.

Lowping
February 1st, 2012, 05:50 PM
So recently I started playing Mafia again, and I've played a lot in my time, but now when I play, I am always the serial killer, I usually don't pick any skin or name because I don't care. Few games passed and I found out that constantly I'm serial killer. I tried changing my name and my model and stuff but I. Am. Always. SK. and it's only fun sometimes more than others, this is getting really boring fast. Help?

Ambient
February 1st, 2012, 05:56 PM
>.>

Its randomly selected.

Muso
February 1st, 2012, 05:57 PM
What's your SC2 pw? I want to be SK all the time!

Lowping
February 1st, 2012, 05:59 PM
>.>

Its randomly selected.
No really I have the last 10 replays of me playing mafia, and I'm all SK, all the time.
EDIT: Probably more then that, I'm going to check.
EDIT: 22 Total times as serial killer.
EDIT: EDIT: 21 One time I got lucky and was cult.

Muso
February 1st, 2012, 06:08 PM
There you go.

1 time you were cult.

Statistically speaking people can and will have long trends of the same role, despite role allocation being random.

Lowping
February 1st, 2012, 06:12 PM
Ok, so you're saying this is all luck? Well I'm going into another game.. and Guess what! Serial Killer. That one time I didn't pick default settings, I went with a jester hat. I also tried chaning my name and I was still SK. It's wizardry

Ash
February 1st, 2012, 06:12 PM
Lucky... 22 times in a row you get an evil neutral role.
IMJELLYBRO, YOU GET TO BE EVIL, IMAGINE BEING DOCTOR OR A BORING ASS ROLE ALL THE TIME.
IMJELLYIMJELLYIMJELLY

Muso
February 1st, 2012, 06:16 PM
Ok, so you're saying this is all luck? Well I'm going into another game.. and Guess what! Serial Killer. That one time I didn't pick default settings, I went with a jester hat. I also tried chaning my name and I was still SK. It's wizardry

Here's a suggestion:

You host and remove SK from the setup and replace it with Arsonist.

Lowping
February 1st, 2012, 06:17 PM
Lucky... 22 times in a row you get an evil neutral role.
IMJELLYBRO, YOU GET TO BE EVIL, IMAGINE BEING DOCTOR OR A BORING ASS ROLE ALL THE TIME.
IMJELLYIMJELLYIMJELLY
You should try being a power doctor and being an observer more than a townie, it makes it so much more easier to determine who is mafia and who is town, I feel like this is a forgotten art and that people are lacking in intelligence to tell who is who.

SK is almost a requirement, arsonist can be saved for the random neutral.

Ash
February 1st, 2012, 06:19 PM
You should try being a power doctor and being an observer more than a townie, it makes it so much more easier to determine who is mafia and who is town, I feel like this is a forgotten art and that people are lacking in intelligence to tell who is who.

Ah yes, we call that le lurking. But I usually talk in all caps and act like a mayor even if I'm not a mayor by pointing fingers at random people that look suspicious.

Muso
February 1st, 2012, 06:20 PM

Huh? There are many balanced setups that do not require a SK.

Do you want to stop being one or not?

Ash
February 1st, 2012, 06:24 PM
FML speaking about doctor I jinxed myself in sc2.

I agree with le Muso you can do a variety of setups which is the purpose of making your own setup, if your satisfied with that setup then try reshuffling the order? Might work if your the one whos hosting the game.

If not then it's just luck.

Muso
February 1st, 2012, 06:26 PM
FML speaking about doctor I jinxed myself in sc2.

I agree with le Muso you can do a variety of setups which is the purpose of making your own setup, if your satisfied with that setup then try reshuffling the order? Might work if your the one whos hosting the game.

If not then it's just luck.

The reality is, role allocation is random. He will eventually stop getting SK.

But if he wants to tighten the realms of chance, removing the possibility of SK would do that for him.

kiranearitachi
February 1st, 2012, 07:10 PM
this made me lol

Ubernox
February 2nd, 2012, 03:21 AM
inb4 he hosts setup with no SK but still flips SK in-game.

Lysergic
February 2nd, 2012, 11:41 AM
inb4 he hosts setup with no SK but still flips SK in-game.

Or he hosts a setup with all SKs except one Doctor, and flips the Doctor.

Raptorblaze
February 2nd, 2012, 03:24 PM
Or he hosts a setup with all SKs except one Doctor, and flips the Doctor.

+1