PDA

View Full Version : Humans vs Dragon Mini-FM

Fragos
February 1st, 2012, 08:08 AM
In commodation to this Year of the Dragon, I now finally present to you my next setup for Mini-FM. The setup's theme will be - Humans versus Dragons!

In a distant fantasy world, there exist powerful dragons that have the ability to disguise thenselves as humans and blend with the crowd. One such Dragon, the evil Dragon Master, is gathering a group of followers in a mission to eradicate all humans in the nearby village. However, some Dragons broke off their ties with Dragon's Den, and one of then even managed to side with humans in order to protect then from Dragon Master's flight. Also, there was another human, who believes that dragons and humans can fight together side by side... Unfortunately, there are many enemies that oppose the Dragon Rider's idea, and in order to convince then, he must take the reins, ride a tamed dragon, and land a strike that will behead the Town and Dragon's Den of their self-conceited leaders.

Here is the final setup, in full detail and list of roles:

Dragon Master
Evil Dragon
Evil Dragon
Evil Dragon

Neutral Killing Dragon
Neutral Benigh Dragon
Dragon Rider
Neutral Human

White Dragon
Dragon Hunter
Seer
Hidden Town
Hidden Town
Hidden Town
Hidden Town
Hidden Town
Peasant
Peasant
Peasant
Hidden Human (Citizen/Town Power/Neutral)

Hidden Evil Dragon roles: Elder Dragon, Blue Dragon, Black Dragon, Green Dragon, Illusion Dragon, Red Dragon (3 out of 6 roles will be present)
Hidden Neutral Killing Dragon roles: Pyro Dragon, Thunder Dragon, Fury Dragon (One of then)
Hidden Benigh Dragon roles: Young Dragon, Yellow Dragon, Chromatic Dragon (One of then
Hidden Neutral Human roles: Jester, Executioner, Merchant, Assassin, Witch (One or two of then)
Hidden Town roles: Jailor, Knight, Ice Mage, Tracker, Aether Mage, Blacksmith, Exhumer, Mason (5 or 6 out of 8 roles will be present, no repeats)

What makes this game more different than any other Forum Mafia game is Special Abilities.
Each role will have a Special Ability that can be used in place of Normal Ability. Special Abilities can only be used once per player, so players should use then wisely. Also, there won't be any secondary objective listed. Instead, players will be judged on how well they have used (or not used) their Special Ability.

Here is win condition for each faction:

Dragon Master: Kill all Town members, Dragon Rider, and anyone else who opposes you.
Evil Dragon: Kill all Town members and anyone else who opposes you. Can win with Dragon Rider if Dragon Master is dead.
Neutral Killing Dragon: Kill everyone else who opposes you, except Dragon Rider and other Neutrals.
Dragon Rider: Ensure that Dragon Master and Town Power Roles are dead. You do not need to kill other Dragons, Peasants, or neutral roles.
Tamed Dragon: Goal is the same as Dragon Rider, as long as Dragon Rider is alive. Will return to corresponding faction after Dragon Rider is dead.
Town Power Role: Ensure that all Evil Dragons and Dragon Rider are dead.
White Dragon: Ensure that all Evil Dragons are dead. You can win with Dragon Rider should you manage to survive long enough for that.
Peasant: Ensure that all Evil Dragons are dead. You can win with Dragon Rider should you manage to survive long enough for that (unless you are masoned).
Young Dragon: Find yourself a mentor and help him win. You will take his role if he dies, but will be still counted as Dragon.
Chromatic Dragon: Remember a role from the graveyard and reach that role's win condition. You will be still counted as Dragon even after taking a new role.
Yellow Dragon: Survive until any other faction wins.
Jester: Get yourself lynched durung the day.
Executioner: Live long enought to see your target publicly lynched. If target dies at night, you will turn into a Jester.
Merchant: Trade at least 3 pieces of information and survive until any other faction wins.
Assassin: Kill target role at night. If your target dies from anyone else, you target will change to that killer. If your target is lynched, you will commit suicide.
Witch: Survive and see the Town lose the game. Will lose immediately if no other evil roles are present.

The FAQ thread with roles and ability list is located here:

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/4284-Humans-vs-Dragons-Mini-FM-FAQ-thread

By the way, it is also possible to run this game in parallel with another Mini-FM - but only in term that each Mini-FM will have different players. So if this becomes approved and signups thread becomes opened, I will give priority to players that are not busy with other Mini-FM or Forum Mafia X. At the very least, they should be in 1 other game maximum. I don't want to stress players with participating in more than two games at once - the results were already seen in S-FMs. I'll also give the priority for new players that are interested in Forum Mafia games and those that were put in reserve spot of Mini-FM VI.

trineroks
February 1st, 2012, 08:11 AM
Oh wow, and I was JUST reading your post on the Magic: The Gathering mafia.

That looked pretty interesting...

BorkBot
February 1st, 2012, 08:18 AM
I like this theme. It's better than the MtG one in my opinion. Gameplay seems closer to the mafia games we're used to and easier to keep up with, but with some custom roles that appear fairly well balanced.

Fragos
February 1st, 2012, 08:57 AM
I think I'll allow YOU to be in MY game, Borkbot, but only if YOU allow ME to be in YOUR game. You got the logic?

(do not take me serious here)

Nick
February 1st, 2012, 09:04 AM
I think I'll allow YOU to be in MY game, Borkbot, but only if YOU allow ME to be in YOUR game. You got the logic?

Some things a better not said out in the open. Why not use pms?

Deathfire123
February 1st, 2012, 11:07 AM
Excluding people because you dislike them is not how you properly host

Fragos
February 1st, 2012, 12:48 PM
I know this setup might be pushed on delay like Deathfire123's setup, but I'm nevertheless still ready to host it, even if most of the participants would be new or less experienced Forum Mafia players.

Fragos
February 2nd, 2012, 11:50 PM
Here is another interesting suggestion: We will use our FM X accounts for Humans vs Dragons Mini-FM. So, once there will be 20 or more dead players in FMX, we can form a new Mini-FM game from those players. How's that sound for you?

Of course that means you should better keep hiding your COM names at least until one of the games ends.

Deathfire123
February 3rd, 2012, 12:36 AM
Get Luna's approval FIRST, THEN start planning for how you want the game to be run

Nick
February 3rd, 2012, 03:33 AM
Get Luna's approval FIRST, THEN start planning for how you want the game to be run

And Yayap. Current prediction is that there will be a lot of soul transfer and resurrected zombies. I think M-FM host should be prepared of not having enough active players as long as FM X is ongoing. You certainly won't want the modkilled rejects.

So in the meantime just enjoy FM X.

Fragos
February 3rd, 2012, 03:48 AM
Yeah, I do know that BorkBot's Mini-FM is supposed to start after Night 3 of FM X, so I guess I have to delay my game as well for same reason.

Fragos
February 19th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Now way we are going to wait 72 more hours. Approve my setup NOW! It would be better playing Mini-FM than wasting 3 days just to wait for the next FMX day.

It's simple: In the 24 hours we start the Mini-FM signups;
In the next 24 hours we start Day 1 thread.
Then Day 5 of FMX comes out at the same time as Night 1 of the Mini-FM. We should coordinate FMX and Mini-FMs so that when the day of one game ends, the day of another game begins. Do you agree?

Or better yet, you should start BorkBot's Mini-Fm already.