PDA

View Full Version : Artifacts and Magic M-FM Setup

Goremancer
January 29th, 2012, 05:50 PM
It was inspired by Borky's setup. I won't host this anytime soon. If you guys have any suggestion, tell me.

Cleric
Paladin
Archmage
Magic Apprentice
Magic Apprentice
Magic Apprentice
Commoner - Citizen
Commoner
Commoner
Commoner
Commoner
Commoner
Commoner
Commoner
Commoner
Balor
Succubus
Horned Devil
Infernal Sorcerer
Necromancer
Ghost
Skeleton - Mafioso
Lich

Human Winning Condition: Kill all evil roles.
Undead Winning Condition: Kill all demons and kill all humans
Demon Winning Condtion: Kill all undead and kill all humans

Cleric
Heal - protects the target player from harm that night.

Turn Undead (1 charge) - Any undead that visits the Cleric will die.

Tutor (1 charge) - Only works if the target does not have magic talent. Bestows magic talent to target player. If it is used on a target that already has Magic Talent, then this ability would be wasted.

Teach Spell - Each spell can only be taught once.(Tutor and Teach Spell can not be taught) The spell can only be taught to players who have magic talent.

Magic Talent - Can learn spells

Paladin
Smite Evil (2 charge) - Kills the target if the target is a demon. Does nothing if the target is good. Cannot be used on Night 1.

Protection from Evil (1 charge) - The Paladin will survive the attack from a evil creature.

Archmage
Magic Missile (1 charge) - Kills target. Ignores defensive abilities. Cannot be used on Night 1.

Mage Armor (1 charge) - Archmage has 2 passive vests for the night.

Recharge (1 charge) - Gives an extra charge to all the artifacts target player owns (can target self)

Detect Evil (1 charge) - The Archmage learns of the target's alignment. (Good/Evil)

Tutor (1 charge)

Teach Spell

Magic Talent

Magic Apprentice
Magic Talent

Level 1 Spell (1 charge) Each Magical apprentice will start out with a random level 1 spell. (No repeats) Here is the list:
Scry - You learn of your target's night actions
Sending - You may send a private message to a player. The target player may send a message back.
Daylight - Extend the day for 3 more hours. (Pm me during the day)
Shields - You gain a passive vest that night.
Dimension Door - Swap your target with yourself
Cure Light Wounds - Heal your target

Commoner
Fucking Normal - The commoner is as the name suggests, fucking normal.

Balor
Toughness - Starts with a passive vest

Haste - Every third night, the Balor can perform an individual kill. (Night 3, Night 6, Night 9, etc.)

Succubus
Lure - Prevents the target from performing his/her night action.

Restore (1 charge) - Heals the target player.

Magic Talent

Horned Devil
Boring - A boring mafioso

Infernal Sorcerer
Hellfire (1 charge) - This ability cannot be used if the Demons kill on the same turn. Kills target and everyone who visits the target.

Infernal Bloodline - If a spell is taught to the Infernal Sorcerer, gain an additional charge to Hellfire instead of learning the new spell.

Necromancer
Magic Ward - Starts with a passive vest

Animate Dead (2 charges) - This spell only works on Commoners. This spell can only be used on Night 5 and Night 10. Using this spell will count as the kill for the Undead. This spell kills the Commoner and turns him into a Skeleton.

Necromantic Presence - While the Necromancer is alive, all undead have 20% to avoid any attacks made on them. (The Necromancer is excluded from this effect. This ability does not affect the Cleric's Turn Undead)

Magic Talent

Ghost
Incorporeal - The Ghost has a 30% chance to avoid the attack made on the Ghost. (Does not affect the Cleric's Turn Undead ability)

Fleeting Presence - The Ghost can attempt to steal an artifact from a player. 30% chance of success.

Skeleton
Boring - Like the Horned Devil, the Skeleton is a boring ass mafioso.

Lich
Magic Talent

Curse (1 charge) - The target loses all abilities for 2 nights.

Unholy Prayer - When the Undead has accumulated 5 kills (Kills made by the Undead ALONE) and the Lich is still alive. The Undead will receive the Scythe of Nerull. The wielder of the Scythe must be decided on the night it was received. Then the Scythe is bound. When the wielder dies, the Scythe is destroyed.

Magic Talent A list of roles that have Magic Talent

Cleric
Archmage
Magic Apprentice
Succubus
Infernal Sorcerer
Necromancer
Lich

Artifacts
Most artifacts are distributed every night. A random player will receive an artifact. Some roles starts with an artifact. If the wielder was killed during the night, the artifact will be given to the killer. If the wielder was lynched, then there will be a vote on who gets the artifact. The new wielder will receive the remaining charges. When a player receives an artifact, there will be a RP showing the role of the receiver but not the identity. Using an artifact counts a night action. Artifacts cannot be given to other players unless they steal it or the wielder dies. (Otherwise imagine how OP that would be.)
Scythe of Nerull - Ignores any healing, defensive artifacts and abilities. (Dimension door is an exception).

Diabolical Armor - Balor starts with this artifact. 50% chance to dodge any attack made on the wielder.

Symbol of Saint Cuthbert - The Cleric starts with this artifact. The wielder gains a passive vest. Regenerates every night. (Maximum of 1).

Vorpal Blade (1 charge) - Allows the wielder to kill during the night. If the target is killed, any artifacts the target was carrying will be destroyed. Distributed on Day 1.

Crystal Ball (1 Charge) - Tracks the target's night action. Also reveals who visited the target. This artifact will be distributed on Night 1.

Tome of Power - This artifact only works when the wielder has Magic Talent. The wielder learns Magic Missile (1 charge). Distributed on Night 2.

Enchanted Armor - Gives the target a passive vest. Distributed on Night 3

Ion Stone of Knowledge - Bestows Magic Talent on the wielder. Distributed on Night 4

Dagger of Brilliant Energy (1 charge) - Allows the wielder to kill during the night. Bypasses all defensive artifacts and defensive abilities. Distributed on Night 4.

Tome of Transmutation Only works if the wielder has Magic Talent. Wielder learns Dimension Door (1 charge) and Telekinesis (1 charge, steals a random artifact from target). Distributed on Night 5

Flametongue (1 charge) - Attacks the target. If the wielder is the Paladin, Skeleton, or Horned Devil, the Flametongue would allow the wielder to attack the target and the person he/she visited. Distributed on Night 6.

Ring of Antimagicfield - Any magical artifact effects is negated when it comes into contact with the wielder of this artifact. All spell effects would also be negated. (Healing, Roleblock, Magic Missile, Etc.) The wielder loses Magic Talent and cannot cast any spells or use any artifacts as long as he/she owns this artifact. This can still be destroyed by the Ring of Armageddon. Distributed on Night 7

Amulet of Health (2 charge) - Gives the wielder passive vests equal to the number of charges the Amulet of Health has. A healing would restore a charge. (Maximum of 3) Distributed on Night 8.

The Eye of Sauron (1 charge) - Sees the night action of 6 players of the wielder's choosing. State who the targets are going to visit (can state that the target visits no one). If a player matches the statement, that player will die (cannot be saved). Distributed on Night 9.

Ring of Armageddon - Destroys all artifacts in game. The artifact wielders has a 75% chance to die from the explosion. If the artifact wielder owns multiple artifacts, the wielder has to survive the 50% chance of death the number of times equal to the number of artifact he/she possesses. The wielder of the Ring of Armageddon will be killed, no spell, healing, etc. will save the wielder. Distributed on Night 10.

Whew that was lengthy. If there is anything that you feel is unclear or is imbalanced, please tell me.

Goremancer
January 29th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I just realized this may be way to complicated for a M-FM.

Actually I should host this. Everyone would be so confused XD
And I will blow my brains out trying to keep track of everything.

Ubernox
January 30th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Looks good. I'd play it. I'd probably have the rules/FAQ open in a tab the whole time though.

BorkBot
January 30th, 2012, 09:07 AM
While it's pretty cool, there's a good chance that half the players will be discussing the rules all the time and the other half, who don't have the time for that, will be confused and don't really know what to say or do.

I don't think this would work..

Ash
January 30th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Where's the Goremancer?

Goremancer
January 30th, 2012, 12:52 PM
While it's pretty cool, there's a good chance that half the players will be discussing the rules all the time and the other half, who don't have the time for that, will be confused and don't really know what to say or do.

I don't think this would work..

I agree, it may be too complicated. What would be better would be a M-FM where it's just magic. And a M-FM where it's just artifact. Mixing it together may be a bit too much...

McJesus
January 30th, 2012, 06:25 PM
what ever happened to the simple days of regular forum mafia?

Nick
January 31st, 2012, 05:30 AM
what ever happened to the simple days of regular forum mafia?

Innovation and progress.

Kromos
January 31st, 2012, 02:09 PM
Innovation and progress.

I prefer simpler games. My first 2 FMs were FM 6 and 8 and neither went well because of game breaking mechanics, complicated rules and broken win conditions. I would have liked to play FM when it was just the classic town, 2 mafia teams, neutral killer and cult setups. I enjoyed FM 9 much more because it was closer to a normal setup, even though lurkers kind of ruined it.

Luna
January 31st, 2012, 02:14 PM
I don't think I could ever approve this, Gore. Far too many weird variables, items and spells.

Kromos
January 31st, 2012, 02:16 PM
I still can't bring myself to read Gore and Fragos' setups. I'll try now :P

Goremancer
January 31st, 2012, 03:42 PM
Well I know that no way in hell was this gonna get accepted. Hence why I posted in the parking not the setup approval. But I just wrote down the ideas here so i can keep track of things. What I think I will do is to take it apart. So instead of having all these new weird systems in one game I will just have one of the system in each game. I think I like the artifact system so in the next game I host I will implant that. But I will get rid of the magic since I didn't think it is as good. Meanwhile I'll go read Fragos' setup again. Kromos you lack determination. Fragos' setup is a short read.

Kromos
February 1st, 2012, 09:56 AM
I read through it and there's some interesting ideas. I like the teaching spells mechanic and how the 2 mafia teams are quite different. I think you went a bit overboard with the amount and the power of the abilities though. I don't really like the artifact mechanic and the percentage chances either.