PDA

View Full Version : Suicide doesn't prevent disguiser?

Portaloo
January 29th, 2012, 01:50 PM
IDK if this is a bug or not, but one game the investigator said in his will that i was vigi and innocent so everyone knew i was town. So next night, since there was a set disguiser, i decided to shoot someone then commit suicide to prevent the disguiser from disguising (i put why i suicided in my last will to let everyone know). So what happened was i shot someone (yay) and then got disguised by the disguiser (ummm, what?) who then eventually went on to win the game. Is it supposed to be like that? Disguiser shouldnt be able to disguise someone who committed suicide :/

Yayap
January 29th, 2012, 03:05 PM
I think the suicide action is at the end of the order of actions. So disguiser kills you before you commit suicide.

Committing suicide was never intended to be a good strategy.

kiranearitachi
January 30th, 2012, 11:59 AM
seems like the suicide there was a good strat and should happen before other actions

Yayap
January 30th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Logically, the Disguiser would be the first person to notice the dead body and he could disguise as him without needing to kill him first.

Still, this is working as it was intended to work.

kiranearitachi
January 30th, 2012, 12:02 PM
ahh i see your point now

ZergMetal
January 31st, 2012, 10:54 PM
Seems kind of risky. When someone suicides, their name gets the brackets such as (ZergMetal)

If you happen to see a name gain those brackets and NOT die, then you can be sure a disguiser has moved onto him.

But if someone suicides, they start an action that removes their player from the game. He shouldn't be used afterwards. It's not really a bug, but I don't like that :P

Ice52berg
February 1st, 2012, 12:04 AM
Seems kind of risky. When someone suicides, their name gets the brackets such as (ZergMetal)

If you happen to see a name gain those brackets and NOT die, then you can be sure a disguiser has moved onto him.

But if someone suicides, they start an action that removes their player from the game. He shouldn't be used afterwards. It's not really a bug, but I don't like that :P

If I am correct, the brackets only come into play if a player leaves the game before they die. I'm not sure if a player types -suicide during the day the brackets would appear, considering the player hasn't committed suicide yet.

creedkingsx
February 3rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
If I am correct, the brackets only come into play if a player leaves the game before they die. I'm not sure if a player types -suicide during the day the brackets would appear, considering the player hasn't committed suicide yet.

That is correct, the brackets only appears if the person leaves the game. Suicides occur at night, the game isn't going to put seemingly random brackets throughout the night just because someone commits suicide.
Suicide is the last action that occurs during the night. If it is down to you and 2 mafia members where you are obviously going to die. That night you choose to do the -suicide command, when day comes, you will be shot at close range. It's unfortunate sometimes, but it happens.