PDA

View Full Version : The Mafia Variant

Deolrin
June 8th, 2011, 02:20 AM
My opinion so far is that it is pretty much amazing!
But I'd very much like to ask for a tick-box option, to enable a roles list in game.
I'm thinking about a full list of "Random X". Not a single guaranteed role; Just randoms. That way, we'll know how many Mafia there are and won't be trying to look for a pair of framers when the Godfather, Mafioso and Consigliere are dead. (Just an example, of course)

Elixir
June 8th, 2011, 02:22 AM
A roles list would break this variant wouldnt it?

The difficulty of the variant is not knowing what it has randomised for you, especially in the 'scumfest' sub variant

Deolrin
June 8th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Well, at the very least, we should have the number of each team, because it's kind of impossible to know what you're searching for without a roles list. :P

wightsnow
June 8th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Well, at the very least, we should have the number of each team, because it's kind of impossible to know what you're searching for without a roles list. :P

Half the point

Clawtrocity
June 8th, 2011, 04:31 AM
That's the most fun of it. There have been games where 2 mafia have died and a witch almost won by himself because everyone thought there was another mafia. They just kept lynching vigilantes, spies, and citizens.

Deolrin
June 8th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Well... This "most of the fun" usually ends up with like 6 people leaving 1st night\day(just like in the current game I'm playing) because they can't see a roles list and because they're citizens.
Speaking of which, an option to change to disable citizens would be nice.
I personally have NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER with citizens, with no roles list, etc. My problem is that I play public games. I'm the host of the games I play. And I'm trying to have A SINGLE GAME without half the players leaving because they don't like something about the setup.

MrSmarter
June 8th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Well... This "most of the fun" usually ends up with like 6 people leaving 1st night\day(just like in the current game I'm playing) because they can't see a roles list and because they're citizens.
Speaking of which, an option to change to disable citizens would be nice.
I personally have NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER with citizens, with no roles list, etc. My problem is that I play public games. I'm the host of the games I play. And I'm trying to have A SINGLE GAME without half the players leaving because they don't like something about the setup.
Use the mafia chat channel to arrange a game. That way fewer or no people leave.

Deolrin
June 8th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Mafia Channel usually has ~10 people who are in-game, in-party or are playing other games. It would take me like an hour just to gather a single game.
With Public games, I can play like 20 games a day.

MrSmarter
June 8th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Silly loading screen.