PDA

View Full Version : Great role idea

MotoShadow
January 28th, 2012, 03:10 AM
Role name: Kamikaze (Neutral )
Goal: To kill a certain target at night (1 attempt)
Kamikaze kills itself and its target
If kamikaze is killed at night so is the kamikaze's attacker
Kamikaze will learn a new clue about it's target and after n3 it will know it's target.

The point of this is to have a role that wants to kill someone at night while having to figure out it's target...
It's like a night time jester but with a twist and no reason to troll.

Muso
January 28th, 2012, 04:11 PM
So the Kamikaze's objective is to kill 1 player whose identity he discovers after night 3.

> lurk and hope nobody kills you
> wait til night 4
> press button next to target
> gg

Lol?

Ambient
January 29th, 2012, 11:46 PM
I always love whenever someone has an idea. They label it a.. GREAT idea.

Ambient
January 29th, 2012, 11:48 PM
So.. what stops him from saying... "I am Kamikaze, if you attack me you will die" and wait until he learns and kills target?

Ash
January 30th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Um isn't this almost the same as the Assasin except he dies?

BorkBot
January 30th, 2012, 09:13 AM
So.. what stops him from saying... "I am Kamikaze, if you attack me you will die" and wait until he learns and kills target?
Jailorlulz.

But yeah.. Assassin is a better incarnation of this idea.

Luna
January 30th, 2012, 11:49 AM
So I'm assuming that the Kamikaze is given a role to kill and has to figure out who is that role? What happens if there are multiples of that role?

I don't like the fact that the Kamikaze's target dies when they die; that's something the target has no control over most of the time. I'd also assume that this acts like an Executioner and the default option is that the target is always Town. You need to reward players for getting rid of neutral roles like this instead of punishing them.

Whilst I'm not against 'role-guessing' roles as a rule, in the format of SC2 Mafia I'm not a fan of them as much. It would be a clunky mechanic to have in game, and the way the game actually plays out doesn't support that kind of role. In other mafia-type games, like forum mafias, you can have that mechanically inserted in a smoother and more balanced way.