PDA

View Full Version : [Role Information]: Electro Maniac

Fragos
January 24th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Since not many people know what Electro Maniac does, I should insert detailed information about this role in M-FM Parking thread. Hope someone will get some use from this role in their FM. I invented Electro Maniac as counterpart to Arsonist.

Role Name: Electro Maniac
Alignment: Neutral/Evil
Game Size(s): Any game size bigger than 10 players works.
Abilities: Charges a person every night, or kills already charged person. When one charged player visits another charged player, they both become electrocuted and die. Electro Maniac can also charge himself - any charged person that visits him at this moment will also die.
Intended Purpose: The Electro Maniac is a neutral killer with interesting mechanics. If he plays his cards correctly, he can make his first two kills as soon as Night 2. The more people become charged, the more difficult it will be for Town of Mafia to make any action in risk of being electrocuted.
Meta-Game Implications: The Electro Maniac is a nasty guy, similar to Witch. He can make two charged people visit each other if he provokes then to night visit during the day chat: ("You should check him next night, he may be lying" - Electro Maniac about his charged target, at day). As such, his ability should be used primarily on power roles that can visit people at night. The Witch and Electro Maniac are dangerous pair, as Witch can make two charged people to visit each other, unless they are keeping silent about their status.
Possible Cons: Like with Arsonist, Electro Maniac KPN is still lower than Serial Killer, especially if his charged targets are attacked by Mafia or someone else that is uncharged. To get the most out of Electro Maniac, you must be able to predict who will be visited by your last charged target, and who can try to visit your charged target. Keep listening to day chats to see how things may turn in the next night for your charged target(s).

Additional Notes: If charged player survives somehow after being electrocuted (he is immune or being healed), the charge will be removed from him. Same goes for charged Electro Maniac.
Dealing with Electro Maniac should be the same as with other killing neutrals - by lynching him at day. If you are charged, try to abstain from night visits and use your deduction instead to find out who may be Electro Maniac.

Charged player should carefully think of consequences if he is going to say openly to everyone that he is charged. First, if he say that, he might be killed by Electro Maniac next night, as he is charged and eligible for the kill. Second, he might also be killed by Mafia, if they are afraid of charged person visiting then. Third, if Witch is present, she can manipulate two charged people to make then die. On the other hand, saying that you are charged should also be the best way of avoiding Town players visiting you (especially if you are Mafia). Keep in mind that a person can be charged and electrocuted with another charged person on the same night. While Electro Maniac is alive, some charged people from Town or Mafia might also use "suicide" moves to kill people from opposing team by contacting then.
Also, the Electro Maniac can say to town that he is charged (especially is his night action was unsuccessful). That should allow him to avoid attention from investigative roles for some time.

Generally, if you are not charged, try to focus on other people that are also not charged. If too many people become charged at late stage of the game, then town will be literally "paralyzed" in fear of being electrocuted and will stop doing most of the night actions - while the Electro Maniac can kill charged people by himself one by one.
Jailors at that point will be at risk only if they execute their target - and if charged jailor executes the charged target, he will also die. Simply jailing his victim costs no risk for Jailor, even if both he and his target are charged.

If notifications about charges are off, then Electro Maniac can make people kill themselves more easily. Keep in mind that as soon as first victims die town will quickly learns that there is Electro Maniac (if he is hidden from role list). So, try to arrange your targets in the way that they would visit each other not at early, but at late stage of the game. It's all about electromagnetic waves in your brain.

Ubernox
January 27th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I was looking for the electro maniac role card a few days ago and I just couldn't find it. Thanks for this.

RaikouRider
June 18th, 2012, 04:11 PM
The Electro Maniac sounds like he requires quite a bit of strategy. Great concept!

Guardian
June 19th, 2012, 02:36 AM
We need I want to see this role being used again....:D

Chane
August 26th, 2012, 08:25 AM
why isn't it in sc2mafia yet? it would be perfect.

creedkingsx
August 26th, 2012, 05:56 PM
why isn't it in sc2mafia yet? it would be perfect.

Because it has really shown to not be that strong of a role.

Nick
August 26th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Because it has really shown to not be that strong of a role.

Witch is not that strong as well.

AppleyNO
August 26th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I don't think anyone has won with Eletro Maniac.

Nick
August 26th, 2012, 08:08 PM
I don't think anyone has won with Eletro Maniac.

Only reason is because they all die early. Somehow...

Don't recall seeing SK winning either.

creedkingsx
August 27th, 2012, 10:49 AM

Witch can win with other roles, Electro Manic can't.
Although, I don't much like Witch either.