PDA

View Full Version : {Ban List} Archangel, ID: 1-S2-1-2585177 [17 Reports]

FrostByte
January 10th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Account Name: Archangel
Account ID: 1-S2-1-2585177

Crimes Committed: Using donor name to block graveyard

In-Game Name:@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@ @@@@@(etc...) (optional)

Summary:Archangel joined and made his name too long to read anything in the graveyard after he died. I understand there's a thread on him, I just wanted you all to know that he is still senselessly trolling just to be a jerk and he lied when he said he would start playing legitimately. This severely impacted how much I enjoy the game, contrary to his claims that he trolls for others' enjoyment.
He got cit and then just trolled until he died. Isn't this an attempt at game throwing? The town needs every townie they can possibly get, and by getting yourself killed purposely by trolling, you're harming the town's chances of winning. If this guy keeps doing crap like this, I don't really know if I want to continue playing Mafia...
Also, I saw in his thread that he claims someone else had PMed him racist insults which offended him. Watch at the beginning of the replay to see him calling someone else the N word.

EDIT: Also, after he died, we couldn't see his role because of his name. This made the rest of the game difficult for everyone.

Ambient
January 10th, 2012, 07:58 PM
This is the umpteenth time archangel has abused his donor code. I think he should have his ability to use it removed.

Dark.Revenant
January 11th, 2012, 06:43 PM
One-week ban.

Lysergic
January 11th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Only for a week. Why was he bitching? Haha.

Archangel69
January 11th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Check the stings cousin thread, x2 banlist name powers removed and next offense will result in a perma ban.

Panther7
January 13th, 2012, 08:00 PM
DELETE

Tysheth
January 21st, 2012, 12:33 AM
Don't know if you'd care about this, but here's a fun screenshot for you. Obviously, there's no ID and no replay attached.

Tysheth
January 21st, 2012, 11:34 PM
I tested the first code, and it works.

Ambient
January 21st, 2012, 11:45 PM
Confirmed.

Isolder
January 23rd, 2012, 11:28 PM

Crimes Committed: Cheating, skype, throwing the game? all suspect

In-Game Name: Kevinpowers [Moderator] is in the game
Summary: At the beginning of the game, it showed that he was a repeat cheater. Conveniently only a few voted to kick so he was not kicked. The game starts and I am mafia along with him and [ kenshinsd / Claudio Costa ]. Mayhem immediately ensues. All these different colored name people and donors voting on each other. Trying to start random lynching. It was all very suspect.

Then when he dies he claims he's on skype with a lot of other people. This was plausible to me for one and only one reason: our one remaining living Mafia was never once accused. No one even pointed a finger at him.

All the roles were perfectly picked away night after night or by lynching. In the end the end game was "NOBODY WINS". Nobody won. It ended with kenshinsd (Claudio) vs Koton (River Song).

The whole thing was very suspect and I'm not sure which of those players were trustworthy since it ended up working out for everyone (even me). His guilt is not as clear as my previous reports, but the fact that the end result was Nobody Wins (I understand that's a rare endgame?) really makes me think he was serious about being on skype with a lot of people.

I also want to add that he had a donor code.

Kevinpowers
January 24th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Thank you for the very detailed report. Appreciate it. This is now under review and will be looked into right away.

Thank you.

Ambient
January 24th, 2012, 12:38 AM
I will be reviewing to see who else is guilty.

Ambient
January 24th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Note: marypepnecro

Never seen this person before. Used a donor code. Possibly partied with Archangel.

TechnoZerg
January 24th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Crimes Committed: Griefing
In-Game Name: FalseTruth [Moderator] is in the game!

Summary: He was jailor and executed Mayor n1; his reasoning "Red is always mafia". Host included Mayor in set-up. When on trail (the next day, town put him up for acting obnoxious the previous day), he did not claim any role. In dead chat he admits to trolling me because he found it "[...] pretty fucking funny"

His conduct essentially led to the downfall of the town (his trolling led to his own execution, while his griefing cost the Mayor.)

Ambient
January 24th, 2012, 07:41 PM
He is already going to be banned.

Ash
January 26th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Tysheth using stolen donor codes is a crime!

Romm
January 27th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Pretty sure he said he "tested" it. my assumption is that he used it once to make sure it was an actual donor code being given out. that's something I would do also to make sure i'm not reporting someone for giving out fake donor codes as some kinda grief against those who would lie/steal/cheat.

does that count as stealing the code also if i never used it again? idk for sure. but i think if he were intending to keep using it he wouldn't have reported it

kiranearitachi
January 27th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Pretty sure he said he "tested" it. my assumption is that he used it once to make sure it was an actual donor code being given out. that's something I would do also to make sure i'm not reporting someone for giving out fake donor codes as some kinda grief against those who would lie/steal/cheat.

does that count as stealing the code also if i never used it again? idk for sure. but i think if he were intending to keep using it he wouldn't have reported itagreed

Apocist
January 27th, 2012, 12:55 PM
This person has a screenshot of himself using a stolen donor code, pretty sure that's against the rules, recommend ban-list.
The person tested it in a single player match for proof...I see no gain or ill-intent out of the act.

Ash
January 27th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Do you guys mind if I use every code I keep hearing too? I like to test, I'm a natural born good tester. :)

Lord Snewbie of the Shire
January 27th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Do you guys mind if I use every code I keep hearing too? I like to test, I'm a natural born good tester. :)

Sure, if you like being permabanned.

It'll happen eventually anyway, so Mafia can become a mod/patron only circlejerk.

Ash
January 27th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Sure, if you like being permabanned.

It'll happen eventually anyway, so Mafia can become a mod/patron only circlejerk.
Tysheth used it and he is not perma banned, or atleast not yet.

Necrolord
January 28th, 2012, 12:48 PM
How much does $5 pay for in SC2 Mafia? Well, it makes sure you get lynched by players who hate donors (the 1%).

In my opinion, the LONG names that our trolls are using in the graveyard are a complementary feature of the concept of DONORS in this game. Donors SEEM to be allowed to be annoying in-game, troll or not. Even the nice ones like to show off the special colours they can use with their names. I make it a habit of targeting obvious donors.

I guess the difference is that graveyard-fillers are taking it a step further, and being annoying while in the grave too LOL!

It's so funny watching them try to type anything, and all you see is their name. They can't defend themselves!

Goremancer
January 28th, 2012, 12:51 PM
NECRO JUST FILLED UP THE GRAVEYARD ALONG WITH THE FORUM!!!

Ice52berg
January 28th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Why hasn't this thread been locked yet? No one is trying to appeal the sentence...

Necrolord
January 28th, 2012, 08:31 PM
NECRO JUST FILLED UP THE GRAVEYARD ALONG WITH THE FORUM!!!

OMFG LETTERS, I NEED GLASSES TO READ WHAT I WROTE, IS SIZE 4 OKAY MODLOSERS?!?!?!

Ambient
January 28th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Well. There is no reason for this to remain open.

Aberzhulan
February 7th, 2012, 01:14 AM

Crimes Committed: Game-Throwing/Hacking?

In-Game Name: [Moderator]Archangel
Summary: When the game started, Archangel popped up on the kick vote list, and people started voting him (myself included). He asked for us to stop and then said he was a moderator and would reveal in-game. At the start of the game he said "I'm gf, doc on me!" He kept saying he was gf, on day 2 we lynched him for being trolling. Turned out, he was gf. He also said "My points are hacked. Do i care?" (Winning is great, but not like that.)

1536 1533 1534 1535

Capitalier
February 7th, 2012, 11:49 PM
This was my easiest report ever, as he gamethrew 2:45 minutes into the report. 0.o
Archangel was warned that if he offended again, he would receive a very harsh ban, so I'll pass this along to Rev.

Aberzhulan
February 8th, 2012, 06:33 PM
lol. Thank you. :)

Bobbyknob
February 9th, 2012, 11:21 PM
I have numerous saves where archangel has claimed to be a moderator to circumvent the kick list. He claims that is can only be done in game, then uses his donor code to name himself a colorful name with MODERATOR as the prefix. I realize that this does not violate any specific rules, but just thought I would add this as a character appraisal in case it can effect the severity of the result.

Necrolord
February 10th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Archangel is immune from being banned forever in SC2.

Elixir
February 10th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Archangel has been given a 16 times normal length Ban List.

Necrolord
February 10th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Archangel has been given a 16 times normal length Ban List.

Only DR has authorize punishments. I doubt you have the powers to.

Dark.Revenant
February 10th, 2012, 03:05 PM
He was making an observation, not an assertion.

creedkingsx
February 10th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I continue to question why he was given a donor key. He always plays the Moderator card, and I always tell people he isn't a moderator. But people be stupid.

Raptorblaze
February 10th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I continue to question why he was given a donor key. He always plays the Moderator card, and I always tell people he isn't a moderator. But people be stupid.

Being a donor/patron/benefactor is totally irrelevant to someone's actual behavior. Also isn't 16x ban a new record?

creedkingsx
February 10th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Being a donor/patron/benefactor is totally irrelevant to someone's actual behavior. Also isn't 16x ban a new record?
Probably lol, but the reason why I say it is because some of the reports he has had were from abuse of the lack of name restriction (busting the graveyard).

Raptorblaze
February 10th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Probably lol, but the reason why I say it is because some of the reports he has had were from abuse of the lack of name restriction (busting the graveyard).

Ah true, the loss of naming privileges probably just didn't get carried over to the new donor system.

Poirt56
February 10th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Archaic here,

I demand a retrial for this gentleman, he has donated 130 dollars to this game that's good eating with ramen noodles for about 6 months. Give this man a break!

Raptorblaze
February 10th, 2012, 08:58 PM
I'M BANNED?!!?! I DEMAND TO BE UNBANNED! I WAS BANNED FOR FALSE REASONS! FAKE REPLAY! ALSO, IF THE WORD MODERATOR ISN'T ALLOWED WHY CAN I USE IT IN MY NAME?!

I hope you realize, 16 weeks of banned, 32 weeks of kickvote, and 64 weeks of watchlist even if you keep your nose clean. That's 112 weeks of lists, YOU WILL BE ON THE LISTS FOR 2 YEARS, 2 MONTHS, AND 2 WEEKS. That was either an epic troll on your part or some mathematical trickery. I'm slightly impressed.

Jim
February 10th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I am here as the CEO and Co-Founder of NAMBLA (National Archangel Man Boy Love Association)
We are a large group trying to get Archangel un-banned for these heinous crimes.
We range from Benefactors to average players and we all stand united against these false accusations and harassment by these repeated reporters.
On behalf on NAMBLA i request a swift and direct repeal of these punishments applied on this innocent man.

obiwan393
February 10th, 2012, 09:20 PM
I'll throw my weight behind this. When his ADHD isn't in full swing, he's pretty fun to play with. 2 years is a bit much.

Jim
February 10th, 2012, 09:25 PM
If there are two benefactors who are willing to stand behind this man then can we honestly say he is as bad as people try to make him seem.

DramaLlama
February 10th, 2012, 09:35 PM
I never see him breaking rules in game I am in with him. Sure he may claim to be a moderator. Who hasn't? Be real.

Jim
February 10th, 2012, 09:38 PM
At most what he did was trolling and this is not a crime nor should it be punishable by banning for 16 weeks and 2 years of punishment.

Acolyte
February 10th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Damn it, my entire speech was deleted.

I remember a time when mafia was a game based on wits and cleverness. Back when I would host in-house games for 12+ hours straight for weeks. I played alot, and I got *good*. Eventually I could usually lynch mafia purely based on voting patterns + who did or didn't speak. After taking a multiple-month long break, I came back to the shell of this game. All my old friends had mostly quit by this time. I discovered that in-house games were impossible to get going, and the QUALITY of players had dropped significantly. Instead of having good players simply filter out the filth, trolls, and noobs, now there was nobody left. So naturally, they flourished. Now there are these kick vote lists, these "confirmed griefers and gamethrowers".
Utter garbage. If Archangel wants to play mafia by LYING about his role, or in this case, not lying, he has every right to. I can't count the times where I've claimed "I am witch/serial killer/godfather..don't attack me please". It throws town off and gives an advantage.

In fact, in this current game, I have just RANDOM lynched a consigliere. I am cult. Now I have an advantage as invest, even though it's complete crap. If I choose to TROLL out the rest of the town + buy time for my comrades, that is my decesion.

Quite frankly, the [moderator] archangel thing is silly. I've used the name system to have duplicate names, all white names, and I've even seen NO names, just empty space. Nobody should believe archangel, why would A MODERATOR be KICK VOTED at the start? absurd.

I think the moderator is going too far. Even with the punishment, arch:
1) did not sell out his mafia, which I had a MODERATOR do to me (look at claw)
2) spam the chat

the only thing he did wrong was use his god (dark.revenant) given powers of donorship, and tell the TRUTH about his role. LOL.