PDA

View Full Version : Why does DR never play his own game?

McJesus
June 6th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Seriously whenever Dark Revenant is online in the mafia chat he never goes into any games. I don't get it, if you put so much tireless work into this game why not blow off some steam and actually play it? I've played a two matchs once with Dark and he is actually good at the game, and everyone wants him to play.

Clawtrocity
June 6th, 2011, 09:38 AM
He sucks at the game. He loses all the time and everyone always trolls.

Also when you do something all the time as a job it becomes less fun to do as a hobby. He's spending countless times already playing the game testing it for bugs and then going through and coding shit that he probably doesn't really have the time/motivation to play it.

He plays once in awhile, but how often do you see video game testers play video games when they aren't testing? Chef's actually sitting down and enjoying a meal? Donald trump playing Monopoly?

styx0202
June 6th, 2011, 09:45 AM
It is the same for movies people do. Let's say you're working in the film industry and when you watch release version of a film most of the time you look at technical aspects and other related stuff and can't enjoy the movie itself.

Developers don't play their games after final release, Movie Actors don't watch their movies, Map makers don't play their own maps, Factual

Clawtrocity
June 6th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Entertainers watch/listen/enjoy their content. My metaphor was kind of going with the film industry. They are too busy making their product perfect that they have trouble enjoying it as a hobby. Chefs and Directors are good examples of what DR is.

If you think Kanye isn't jamming out to Kayne or Tom cruise isn't first in line for MI:4 then you're wrong.

Dark.Revenant
June 6th, 2011, 02:48 PM
It was mostly because I was very tired. I enjoy playing games, including my own.

Elixir
June 6th, 2011, 09:27 PM
I wanna play monopoly with Trump. I imagine he'd start throwing real money at me to buy my property if he ran out of monopoly money.

On topic: He plays... Just not often cause he already spends hours in the map editor. (which is being improved according to sclegacys 1hr + q and a video)/