PDA

View Full Version : Torment (Arsville) S-FM Signups

Zack
January 23rd, 2012, 08:27 AM
Welcome to the small town of Arsville, where a cranky old man has decided to snap and start torturing the juvenile delinquents.

The roles:
Maya, the town's perky Sheriff
Lord Megadeath, the town's nerdy Doctor
Six naughty teenagers (Citizens) who must be taught to respect their elders.
Granny Nana, the old lady who lost her shotgun (Survivor) and wants a divorce after 40 years of unhappy marriage.
Zaken the cranky old man (Tormentor) who refuses to divorce his wife and wants to torment children.
The three delinquents (Mafiosos), members of the Ars gang who want to live a carefree life free of stupid rules.

Rules:

Sheriff can only detect mafia.

Doctor is not informed if the heal is successful. The target is not notified of being healed.

Survivor has 2 bulletproof vests.

Tormentor has 1 auto-vest.

Hammer vote on Tormentor's target will become the new victim.

Mafia will vote for kills at night, majority vote will determine the target and who is sent to kill.

Game will start at day with no lynch, will be a short first day (24h).

Full list of role cards and faq will be posted along with the first day thread.

Role card for the new role:

Name: Tormentor

Alignment: Neutral, Advanced Evil

Description: A demented individual, seeking to torment his chosen victim for all eternity.

Goal: Receive a random person as a target. You and your target must be the last remaining living players in the game. The Tormentor is considered a side of his own, thus the game will not end until he wins or is killed.

Ability: You can torment your target in two ways, one is by sending annonymus one-way messages to your victim during the day (by PMing the FM master). The other is you can decide to jail him. While in jail your target is roleblocked and protected from death, you can chat with your victim while he is in your holding cell.

Events: If your target dies at night your new target will be the first one who killed him, you will of course know who it is. If your target is lynched during the day your new target will be randomly selected out of the voters or be the hammer vote (depending on setup), but you won't be able to jail the new target that night even if you planned to jail your former victim. If you ever vote to lynch your victim and he is actually lynched you will suicide the following night.

Special: The Tormentor always wins alone. It doesn't matter who his victim is, Town, Mafia, or anything else, they won't win with him. Executioners are the exception, if they won before the game ended. Jesters who already won by getting lynched will also share the victory.

Clarification: Survivor and Tormentor are mortal enemies. While Survivor normally only has to survive, if a Tormentor is in play then he must get rid of him in order to be able to win.

Well what are you waiting for? Lets go to Arsville!

Players:
1. Sumikoko
2. Goremancer
3. Kromos
4. DramaLlama
5. CmG
6. Luna
7. GameFreak
8. Deathfire123
9. Mopin
10. Eschao
11. BorkBot
12. Ubernox
13. trineroks

Reserve:
Nick
Azeryuu
Phyr

I am aware there are several games in progress, as well as games waiting to begin. Don't worry, I won't start this before all the players are available and ready.

Signups are now really closed!

Nick
January 23rd, 2012, 08:33 AM
/reserve

Goremancer
January 23rd, 2012, 12:53 PM
can't count me out
/sign

Rocshi
January 23rd, 2012, 01:49 PM
The survivor, if smart, will side with maf.

5v8.

Uh.....

Kromos
January 23rd, 2012, 01:56 PM
Looks cool.

/sign

Sumikoko
January 23rd, 2012, 01:56 PM
Lol Zack. I didn't know you have pedophilish tendency- -gets stabbed-

In any case, Sumi will join. :3

Zack
January 23rd, 2012, 02:04 PM
Its not that simple Rocshi, if you haven't noticed there is no role you can actually prove yourself as in this game. Sheriff and Doc could do it situationally, if they get lucky at night, and even then claiming is risky. Claiming Survivor is a risky move which may result in bad things happening, such as getting lynched as possible scum fake-claiming or getting shot at night by mafia thinking you are wifoming as town PR.

lol Sumi... No he is not going to do anything erm, like that, to them. Well you'l understand when you see the RP :D

(It will be light RP, but nevertheless)

DramaLlama
January 23rd, 2012, 02:21 PM
\sign

jaczac
January 23rd, 2012, 03:53 PM
/sign

kiranearitachi
January 23rd, 2012, 08:30 PM
/sign

GameFreak
January 24th, 2012, 09:44 AM
/sign

if gore is in i'm too

Goremancer
January 24th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Then GameFreak you will have to be in practically everygame. I sign up for all. Can never count me out. Ever.

Deathfire123
January 25th, 2012, 12:49 AM
/sign

Mopin
January 25th, 2012, 12:57 PM
/sign

CmG
January 25th, 2012, 08:33 PM
/sign

Escaho
January 25th, 2012, 09:15 PM
/sign

trineroks
January 26th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Can I sign? (I'm new so don't bash me ><)

If yes, then

/sign

Zack
January 26th, 2012, 09:29 AM
This setup is less friendly to new players since it requires more scumhunting due to a severe lack of power roles. If you believe you can play it then i'l let you in, just don't lurk 0.o

trineroks
January 26th, 2012, 11:41 PM
I won't. I'll be an active participant in this game :D.

So can i /join?

Zack
January 27th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Sure, added to the player list.

BorkBot
January 27th, 2012, 09:12 AM
/sign

Thought about it for a while and this looks kinda fun. And I don't think any MFMs will start very soon, so I'm cool with being in Gore's SFM and yours. (I think MFM 5 will be at an end by the time Gore's starts).

Ubernox
January 27th, 2012, 10:31 AM
/sign

Zack
January 27th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Welcome :)

Now only one more remains to signup.

Luna
January 27th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Oh what the hell, /sign, I'm in the mood for some serious strategic mafia :)

Zack
January 27th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Cool :)

Alright, i'm thinking of starting this after MFMV is concluded. I could start it sooner though, if everyone are in agreement? Regardless I won't decide until monday due to RL reasons.

Ubernox
January 28th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I would have thought that the tormentor would have been something more sinister.

trineroks
January 28th, 2012, 10:18 PM
i'm all for starting it as soon as possible

Zack
January 29th, 2012, 10:38 AM
lol Ubernox, technically he is sinister. Just because he can't kill doesn't make him a puppy dog. Remember if he lives to the end of the game and you fail to lynch the correct person then he wins and everyone else lose. Its because he can't kill that he seems like a low priority target to town, and it is that assumption that will make him more threatening as more and more people pile up in the graveyard.

I think i'l see about starting it today, first i'l post the FAQ.

After thinking about it I am removing jaczac and reopening the signups!

jaczac has proven to be a poor player who lurks and barely participates in several FMs now. I don't want him in my game.

The last slot is now available to anyone wishing to join, Nick if you want to play instead of being in reserve just say so.

Ubernox
January 29th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Can I have two slots?

Zack
January 29th, 2012, 11:39 AM
No, lol

BorkBot
January 29th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Can I sign up with a smurf account?

Zack
January 29th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I'm going to add these questions to the faq attached with the asker's name :D

CmG
January 29th, 2012, 04:06 PM
hurr last try :-O

/sign

BorkBot
January 29th, 2012, 04:36 PM
*hoping that Zack doesn't realise that CmG is my smurf*

Ubernox
January 29th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I wonder if there really is anyone on the forums who's actually just a smurf account. It could be you.... it could be me. It could be anyone.

Escaho
January 29th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Um.../sign again.

Or, /reserve if full.

CmG
January 29th, 2012, 05:16 PM
He will turn red any second now... any second... there red! Oh wait it's blood...

Goremancer
January 29th, 2012, 05:18 PM
He will turn red any second now... any second... there red! Oh wait it's blood...
WP

Ubernox
January 29th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Never go against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!

Nick
January 30th, 2012, 08:01 AM
/unreserve

Zack
January 30th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Ok, i'm really wondering how I missed CmG and Eschao's posts to sign up... Maybe because for some reason I read only the latest post... Or by some strange occurance those posts were invisible to me at the time? Very strange...

Well, its quite easy to fix this error. First come first serve IS the detrimental factor, therefore...

CmG and Eschao will be signed in, while trineroks will enter the reserves instead. Unless one of you is willing to allow this new player to play in your stead? At the moment I will alter the list as I just mentioned, but if you want to let him play then just say so.

And really sorry for this confusion, heh... You could have SAID something you know :P

Edit: You know, i'm fairly positive I would never miss any posts... So how did this happen? First with Kromos and then with CmG and Eschao... I wonder about this, were their posts really turned invisible for me or something..?

trineroks
January 30th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Aww man :(

BorkBot
January 30th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Isn't there only one free slot, anyway?

EDIT:
Nevermind, I must've missed something.

Zack
January 30th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Aww man :(

Really sorry... I know this is a let down. But I did say first come first serve is detrimental, and I have no reason to disallow any of the signed up players because they are all active. Well ok I am not sure about DramaLlama since I never saw him play, but that is also no reason for exclusion. If someone gets modkilled you will replace them, and that just might happen since i'm very unforgiving in cases of breaking rules.

trineroks
January 30th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Alright then. I'll take my place in the reserves and see how things pan out.

Zack
January 30th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Its about time we start this game really. If you have any objections speak in the next 2 hours or forever hold your peace!

Luna
January 30th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I don't mind letting trineroks take my spot

Zack
January 30th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Well, I would prefer having you in the game Luna. But obviously new players deserve a chance to prove themselves, your sacrifice is admirable so I cannot refuse it. You did want to play this didn't you? No lies now, heh

Looks like you can play trineroks. Shall I put you in reserve Luna, or would you like to observe the game by viewing all the chats?

Edit: Right, trineroks actually signed up before Luna did, now that I think about it... lol

Luna
January 30th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Haha that settles it then

Well I did want to play but there's more than enough games going on, I don't mind being on reserve if you have to replace someone

Zack
January 30th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Alright I didn't realize i'd need to figure out all the stuff on forumcow out, its not that complicated but it takes time and attention to avoid screwups, lol.

I don't have that much time today so I wasn't able to finish setting up, therefore the game will not start today. Blame my new job for this ;;

trineroks
January 30th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Yessss, lol :D

Zack
February 1st, 2012, 11:56 AM
This will start tommorow guys, sorry that I can't start it sooner. Time constraints issue... Be ready for tommorow!

Ubernox
February 1st, 2012, 02:35 PM
No problem Zack. As long as I get Godfather or Tormentor I won't suicide.

Zack
February 2nd, 2012, 05:15 PM
Roles are rolled and all, but this game will not start for a while longer now. I want the main FM to be the focus atm, so please be patient :)

Zack
February 6th, 2012, 01:56 PM
kiranearitachi is now removed from my game and should be excluded from every game from here on out. Gamethrowers are not welcome.

Nick
February 6th, 2012, 10:01 PM
In that case Luna can join and I can stay as reserve.

/reserve

trineroks
March 1st, 2012, 10:56 PM
Are we starting this game anytime soon?

Goremancer
March 1st, 2012, 11:03 PM
So what happens if the survivor becomes the tormentor's target? Then the unhappy marriage will turn happy?

Azeryuu
March 2nd, 2012, 02:04 AM
/reserve

Zack
March 2nd, 2012, 03:17 AM
Yes this game will start today. I assume there are no objections?

Phyr
March 3rd, 2012, 06:11 AM
In case you need more reserves: /reserve