PDA

View Full Version : {Watch List} Faceless, ID: 1-S2-1-577030; Venenum, ID: 1-S2-1-1764954

Gat
January 20th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Account Name: Faceless
Account ID: 1-S2-1-577030

Crimes Committed: Game-Throwing, Griefing, Cheating

In-Game Name: Sheriff
Summary: Came into lobby with Venenum, they are in a party. Reveals himself as mayor first turn. Proceeds to vote off all known towns---anyone who votes innocent on a town is in turn killed/lynched the following day. Lives until the end (him vs. blackmailer/mafioso) then coordinates with Venenum to commit suicide for a Nobody Wins finish.

Account Name: Venenum
Account ID: 1-S2-1-1764954

Crimes Committed: Cheating

In-Game Name: Cocca Poof
Summary: Came into lobby with Faceless. The godfather dropped due to lag early in the game (that seems to happen a lot now). Cocca Poof becomes mafioso. He coordinates with the player named Sheriff (Faceless) to lynch, kill all known towns---suspected Skyping here as I do not see any party chat. Lives until the end (him vs. mayor), coordinates with his buddy to commit suicide for a Nobody Wins finish.

--------------------

It's pretty much impossible to play with players like these. The incentive to cheat and gamethrow is too strong in this custom game. I don't see a solution besides playing the game with a moderator in the game.

Ambient
January 21st, 2012, 08:36 PM
Review in-progress.

Ambient
January 21st, 2012, 08:59 PM
The classic Cheat-Suicide. The mayor followed the blackmailers votes every time. Both are guilty of cheating and game throwing.

Approved.

Gat
January 23rd, 2012, 10:06 PM
Yes, justice at last! Keep up the good work.

Leafie
January 27th, 2012, 02:26 PM
I feel that your argument of us 'cheating' is fairly stupid - as you have no proof. I have used the same name (Cocoa Poof) consistently, as I do not feel like hiding my identity. He must've known it was me, but I sure didn't know it was him. Eventually, I figured out it was definitely him, as he consistently trolls and calls himself 'sheriff'. He voted with me in a forum of griefing/gamethrowing, but there was no cheating involved. I, too, 'griefed', because I voted my framer, and he voted along with me for shits and giggles. I can assure you there was no outside communication, and the Framer himself didn't really whine about being lynched. I killed myself, but didn't know he was going to kill himself too, so it just really ended up as nobody winning. This can be proved by me saying 'wtf brown, you actually killed yourself?' in death chat. Your 'proof' of us intentionally making the game as a nobody wins is simply an assumption - there is no actual evidence that shows this is not simply a coincidence (or the fact that brown knew I was going to commit suicide, from what I said before night came, and thought it would be funny to kill himself, too). Even so, no one on the Mafia (the ones who would've won) really got angry about it, so I don't see this as really being a fault worth punishing for 'cheating'. I can understand you punishing me or brown for gamethrowing or grieving, but the cheating report seems like a stretch.
(By the way, this is Venenum)

Ambient
January 27th, 2012, 07:04 PM
The classic Cheat-Suicide. The mayor followed the blackmailers votes every time. Both are guilty of cheating and game throwing.

I have seen this move in over several dozen replays. The probability of you were not communicating outside of game is very low. The only excuse I would believe is you commonly commit this move (suicide - nobody wins) and you do not need to communicate to perform the action. If that is the case, it is no better. Furthermore, your game throwing/grieifing offenses were listed. Disagreeing with 1/3 of your offenses would not remove the verdict.

Faceless
January 27th, 2012, 07:20 PM
EXCELLENT WORK, AMBIENT! YOUR DETECTIVE WORK IS INCREDIBLE!

HOW PERCEPTIVE YOU ARE! A SEASONED PRIVATE EYE IN EVERY ASPECT OF THE PHRASE!

Leafie
January 27th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I have seen this move in over several dozen replays. The probability of you were not communicating outside of game is very low. The only excuse I would believe is you commonly commit this move (suicide - nobody wins) and you do not need to communicate to perform the action. If that is the case, it is no better. Furthermore, your game throwing/grieifing offenses were listed. Disagreeing with 1/3 of your offenses would not remove the verdict.
Even so, I blatantly stated in my first sentence that I was only complaining against the cheating charge. I know it was considered game-throwing as well as grieving, and I accept the punishment for those. But, like you said, it's been done in dozens of other replays, so it happening in this one case by chance isn't that much of a stretch, now is it?