PDA

View Full Version : M-FM Points System

McJesus
January 15th, 2012, 08:49 PM
inspired by falsetruth's system I think we should have a seperate one for m-fm and s-fm's.

M-FM:
Win as town: 5 points
Win as mafia: 8 points
Win as evil neutral: 11 points
Win as benign neutral: 9 points
MVP/Players Choice: 5 points
Survive to the end: 3 points
Host a game: 5 points
modkilled: -10 points

S-FM:
Win as town: 3 points
Win as mafia: 5 points
Win as evil neutral: 7 points
Win as benign neutral: 6 points
MVP/Players Choice: 3 points
Survive to the end: 1 points
Host a game: 5 points
modkilled -10 points

Standings:

mcpwnage: 33
borkbot: 29
sumikoko: 28
zane: 27
jaczac: 27
luna: 27
kromos: 23
cmg: 22
nick: 21
dust: 21
escaho: 19
guardian: 16
goremanceR: 15
deathfire123: 15
Zack: 14
wolfcheese: 10
mopin: 9
thewaaagh: 9
Rocshi: 9
ubernox: 8
BBmolla: 5
dimwit: 5
captainUsopp: 5
sir William Wallace: 5
gamefreak: 4
divemaster127 -10
randomnumbers0 -10

Goremancer
January 15th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Do witches count as evil neutral? coz it's much easier to win as witch than win as sk.

Luna
January 15th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Will have to look into this idea.

McJesus
January 15th, 2012, 09:04 PM
actually I'm not so lazy I'm calculating it now

McJesus
January 15th, 2012, 09:08 PM
I'm counting cyclons as mafia

Goremancer
January 15th, 2012, 09:10 PM
TY for your efforts. You are vigilant. I can't believe people would actually calculate this stuff voluntarily =.=

BorkBot
January 15th, 2012, 09:12 PM
I'm counting cyclons as mafia
Cylon makes more sense as SK, really. But thanks for the initiative :)

Luna
January 15th, 2012, 09:15 PM
If we do have a points system we'll need to refine it first. Giving extra points for surviving to the end isn't a wise decision, for example. What about Citizens that take a bullet, Jesters or Executioners which don't care about getting lynched/killed, Mafia members and cultists that get sold out for the overall victory?

There are also certain other things to consider like the fact that not every host gives out awards.

McJesus
January 15th, 2012, 09:15 PM
luna who was M-FMIII's MVP? your awards are unclear. sorry im only counting mvp and players choice for awards.

Luna
January 15th, 2012, 09:17 PM
There wasn't an MVP award for M-FMIII

McJesus
January 15th, 2012, 09:20 PM
It is confusing who won s-fmI. Fuck it someone else can calculate that and add it to the points because Rocshi was unclear with the closing rp.

McJesus
January 15th, 2012, 09:21 PM
ok well who WOULD you give mvp to?

BorkBot
January 15th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Oh McPwnage, I think you should count the Witch and the Traitor as benign neutrals for MFM3, because they can win with town. That makes the most sense.

Goremancer
January 15th, 2012, 09:22 PM
It is confusing who won s-fmI. Fuck it someone else can calculate that and add it to the points because Rocshi was unclear with the closing rp.
I got MVP and jaczac got best entrance award. Town won. Everyone except Deathfire, Zane and Borky was won. Kromos was the only town that died.

McJesus
January 15th, 2012, 09:23 PM
I counted witch as evil neutral and traitor as benign neutral but I'll take the extra two points away from sumikoko

BorkBot
January 15th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Make Kromos MvP because he got 2 awards? :p

McJesus
January 15th, 2012, 09:31 PM
standings are up

McJesus
January 15th, 2012, 09:32 PM
If we do have a points system we'll need to refine it first. Giving extra points for surviving to the end isn't a wise decision, for example. What about Citizens that take a bullet, Jesters or Executioners which don't care about getting lynched/killed, Mafia members and cultists that get sold out for the overall victory?

There are also certain other things to consider like the fact that not every host gives out awards.

1) too bad for them, I think it is fair to give points to survivors
2) every host should be required to give an mvp. Players choice is optional but should be voted on

BorkBot
January 15th, 2012, 09:37 PM
I'm inclined to agree with Luna when it comes to survivors.

They shouldn't be rewarded for several reasons:
- survival is already part of some roles' victory conditions
- dying is part of some roles' victory conditions
- a sacrifice in order to achieve a victory for your team should not be discouraged by the prospect of less points
- in short/small games, it's the lurkers who tend to survive because they don't draw any significant attention

I'm with you on the MVP thing, though.

McJesus
January 15th, 2012, 09:41 PM
well we disagree on the whole survivor thing, I want to know what other people think. If you want to do it without survivors you're going to have to recalculate the whole thing... just saying.

Kromos
January 15th, 2012, 10:01 PM
In M-FM I I suicided on the veteran to prove his and my innocence. If I hadn't of done there was a chance that we would have mis-lynched so I don't think surviving until the end should be rewarded. Especially in the cases of jesters and citizens.

Kromos
January 15th, 2012, 10:05 PM
I have 23 points.

M-FM I: Town win - 5 points
M-FM II: Benign neutral win - 9 points + survive until the end - 3 points
S-FM I: town win - 3 points
S-FM II: town win - 3 points

BorkBot
January 15th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Another good example.. a bodyguard. Gives up points if he serves his purpose this way... Heh.

McJesus
January 15th, 2012, 10:18 PM
apparently i fail at maths, someone should check my work but I think it is accurate other than that (trusting you on this kromos)

Kromos
January 15th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Can we get points for winning other awards? I got best neutral in M-FM II and Backstabber in M-FM III :D

I think you thought I was town in M-FM II because of the 4 points difference.

McJesus
January 15th, 2012, 10:30 PM
no made up awards don't count because it would make things inbalanced

McJesus
January 16th, 2012, 04:57 PM
M-FMIV:

Borkbot - 16 points (mafia win +mvp +survive)
Escaho - 14 points (evil neutral win +survive)
Zack - 14 points (evil neutral win + survive)
McPwnage - 11 points (mafia win + survive)
CmG - 11 points (mafia win + survive)
Luna - 9 points (benign neutral win)
Nick - 8 points (mafia win)
Deathfire123 - 5 points (host)

Sumikoko
January 16th, 2012, 09:12 PM
I counted witch as evil neutral and traitor as benign neutral but I'll take the extra two points away from sumikoko
Sumi calls prejudice!
Lol I'm just joking. I don't mind too much, since I was fail at witch that game.
This system is pretty arbitrary though. Since it's based upon trying weird roles and setups. I remember False vetoing a M-FM ranking earlier for his own reasons, for who knows what reason. I applaud you for taking the initiative in any case.

Personally, I wouldn't give survivors points either. It's much harder to survive as a witch, not to mention it's part of your win condition, than it is to be a citizen and lurk the whole game away and get at least 8 points for surviving and winning with town. And because there are so few people playing, the kills for night 1 and 2 are fairly random (poor Waaagh lol, shot night 1 as jester). I suggest giving the people shot night 1 a few points of compensation as well, like 3 points.

I mean, I just don't know how all this will roll out in the end lol. I think at the end of each M-FM starting now, instead of using a rubric, we ought to allow the host to give each player a number of points just solely based on performance. And then letting the players dispute with the host, and come to a consensus if there's a disagreement.

McJesus
January 16th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Sumi calls prejudice!
Lol I'm just joking. I don't mind too much, since I was fail at witch that game.
This system is pretty arbitrary though. Since it's based upon trying weird roles and setups. I remember False vetoing a M-FM ranking earlier for his own reasons, for who knows what reason. I applaud you for taking the initiative in any case.

Personally, I wouldn't give survivors points either. It's much harder to survive as a witch, not to mention it's part of your win condition, than it is to be a citizen and lurk the whole game away and get at least 8 points for surviving and winning with town. And because there are so few people playing, the kills for night 1 and 2 are fairly random (poor Waaagh lol, shot night 1 as jester). I suggest giving the people shot night 1 a few points of compensation as well, like 3 points.

I mean, I just don't know how all this will roll out in the end lol. I think at the end of each M-FM starting now, instead of using a rubric, we ought to allow the host to give each player a number of points just solely based on performance. And then letting the players dispute with the host, and come to a consensus if there's a disagreement.

Surviving takes luck and skill and should be rewarded. You don't really get that many points for surviving anyways. I think allowing the host to give points like that would lead to pure chaos and bickering. It seems like a really really bad idea.

Kromos
January 17th, 2012, 01:03 PM

I agree with Sumi that the hosts should give out the points based on performance. You might be one of the best players in the game but end up getting 0 points just because you lost. I don't think people care enough about points for there to be much bickering.

While you can do a lot to prevent your death, luck plays a big part in it. Roles like the bodyguard and in a lot of cases cits should not be rewarded for staying alive as it is usually best that they die.

jaczac
January 17th, 2012, 03:43 PM
do i get another thing for best entry award?
:DDDD

Nick
January 31st, 2012, 08:56 AM
I agree with Sumi that the hosts should give out the points based on performance. You might be one of the best players in the game but end up getting 0 points just because you lost. I don't think people care enough about points for there to be much bickering.

While you can do a lot to prevent your death, luck plays a big part in it. Roles like the bodyguard and in a lot of cases cits should not be rewarded for staying alive as it is usually best that they die.

I'm for performance. Such information will be more useful for future host for choosing more active players that contribute to the game. Using the current system, deadweights can also earn high enough points if they join all the M-FMs, and win by feeding off hardwork of teammates.

Giving points for survival encourages lurking and promotes non-optimal play.