jaczac
January 14th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Role Name: Security Guard
Alignment: Town
Game Size(s): Any
Abilities: Choose one person a night to guard
Intended Purpose: As a counter.
Meta-Game Implications: hmm...dunno....
Possible Cons: Might kill use of blockers.

Ash
January 14th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Dude that's why we have a Bus Driver!

Edit: Actually, even though Bus Driver helps, Bus Driver doesn't prevent from being Witched I believe. Security Guard should be able to guard a person from Witch/or being Roleblocked.

jaczac
January 14th, 2012, 07:53 PM
He blocks everything *everything* except healing and killing

Goremancer
January 14th, 2012, 07:59 PM
He blocks everything *everything* except healing and killing
Including investigative results?

jaczac
January 14th, 2012, 08:30 PM
yep. EVERYTHING

Goremancer
January 14th, 2012, 08:33 PM
I think it may be cooler as a mafia role.

Ash
January 14th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Oh, I understand now. This might be pretty cool actually.
I agree with Goremancer it could be cool as a mafia role. I can imagine where as one mafia member uses it on their partner so they won't get investigated, or uses it on a townie that gets investigated to create WIFOM.

Goremancer
January 14th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Oh, I understand now. This might be pretty cool actually.
I agree with Goremancer it could be cool as a mafia role. I can imagine where as one mafia member uses it on their partner so they won't get investigated, or uses it on a townie that gets investigated to create WIFOM.
:) my thoughts exactly.

jaczac
January 15th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Another thing, should i make it so if the person being guarded dies, he ides to?

Ash
January 15th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Another thing, should i make it so if the person being guarded dies, he ides to?
I don't see anything wrong if you do it that way, he would be like the Bodyguard's opposite twin.

Luna
January 16th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Can you update your post to actually reflect what this role does? As it stands you don't actually say what he does, you say he is a "counter" but not what for, and you haven't actually thought about how this would affect the game.

Shparky
January 16th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Can you update your post to actually reflect what this role does? As it stands you don't actually say what he does, you say he is a "counter" but not what for, and you haven't actually thought about how this would affect the game.

I think that basically a person who is guarded by a Security Guard, and anyone who visits that guarded person will be roleblocked.

IMO that's cool.

jaczac
January 17th, 2012, 03:45 PM
You know... Id do that luna...

But i never leared what meta game is...
:/

Ubernox
January 19th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Me neither.