PDA

View Full Version : Strategy Section

Styx
June 4th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Okay with everything else pretty much up to date and on par I think it's about time we tackled the most complicated section of the Wiki: The Strategy section.

I'm looking for input of what people think should belong in this section, and try to keep it categorized (General, Town or Mafia).

Note that the strategy pages are just CATEGORIES and information should be put in individual pages.

Things I believe need a page (off the top of my head):

General: WIFOM, Last Wills, PMing
Town: Lynch Timing, Follow the Leader, Driver Baiting, PM Networks, Massclaiming
Mafia: Bussing (not to be confused with Bus Driver), Counter-Claim Timing, Laying Low, Target Priorities

For page setups I'm thinking
--Premise--
--Applicable Situations--
--Advantages--
--Disadvantages--
--Notes--

Note: I also noticed that from the top menus there is a section for Third-Party strategies - As these roles offer no coordination with other players wouldn't it be better to simply deal with them in their respective strategies on their individual pages?

oops_ur_dead
June 4th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Note that the strategy pages are just CATEGORIES and information should be put in individual pages.

This. Please don't put the strategies on the ACTUAL strategy pages.

wightsnow
June 17th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Created the actual pages (no content yet). Probably going to take the advice that is currently up and put it under a "General Town Strategy" page or something.

What do you mean by Driver baiting?

Styx
June 17th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Driver baiting is basically using town members as bait, the less important the better, for Mafia to attack them and having a bus driver switch them with suspicious players. It requires a bit of organization and a convincing bait so its largely really difficult to pull off but obscenely effective when used well.